Juan

Frank Yang on TOE with Curt Jaimungal Interview

593 posts in this topic

On 2023-02-25 at 8:47 PM, Leo Gura said:

Frank Yang is not Awake.

Monkey games.

Is Leo Gura awake?

22 hours ago, OBEler said:

@Leo Gura can you have a discussion/siritual talk with frank Yank, this would be awesome

I agree, I would love to see that!

Edited by Asayake

10 hours ago, Inliytened1 said:

Frank is full of games - otherwise he wouldnt be putting out videos.   Hes all about attention.   Leo is 1000 times more awake than Frank.  Frank has zero to offer.

By that logic Leo is also full of games because he's putting out videos. And everyone else who creates video content.

6 hours ago, Inliytened1 said:

No...what I see are you guys mesmorized by a teacher.  That's what I see.  Guess what that leads to?  

Frank is not really a teacher, he just produces beautiful content. Being inspired and being mesmerized are two different things.I personally think he's a cool dude and has gone pretty far in his insight practice but it's not the end.

19 minutes ago, vladorion said:

By that logic Leo is also full of games because he's putting out videos. And everyone else who creates video content.

He's drastically reduced the number of videos he is putting out.  In fact recently he has put out nothing.  This is because he's realized it doesn't matter.  It's a killer, but it's a sign of enlightenment. 

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

6 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

He's drastically reduced the number of videos he is putting out.  In fact recently he has put out nothing.  This is because he's realized it doesn't matter.  It's a killer, but it's a sign of enlightenment. 

You have some weird beliefs. What is it based on? And what about posting on a forum? Maybe someone who is enlightened also doesn't post on a forum? What's fundamentally different between posting text vs video? Does posting on the forum matter? Maybe you're not awake because you keep doing it?

2 minutes ago, vladorion said:

You have some weird beliefs. What is it based on? And what about posting on a forum? Maybe someone who is enlightened also doesn't post on a forum? What's fundamentally different between posting text vs video? Does posting on the forum matter? Maybe you're not awake because you keep doing it?

Eventually I won't.   Look at Ramana Maharshi.  He starved himself to death because of how conscious he was.  I barely have enough desire to post on a forum.  It's dwindling away.  But it's still there for me.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

6 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

Eventually I won't.   Look at Ramana Maharshi.  He starved himself to death because of how conscious he was.  I barely have enough desire to post on a forum.  It's dwindling away.  But it's still there for me.

He didn't starve himself to death. He was fed. And simply being in samadhi to the point of not being aware of your body and its needs is not necessarily a sign of a high spiritual attainment. Ramana himself said that such a thing was basically useless because it didn't dissolve the ego.

Can you imagine someone like Ramana hitting nightclubs and gaming women for quick sex? And giving advice to men that they should learn to enjoy this kind of thing when they don't?

7 minutes ago, vladorion said:

Can you imagine someone like Ramana hitting nightclubs and gaming women for quick sex? And giving advice to men that they should learn to enjoy this kind of thing when they don't?

Leo will get there - as you will.  As frank will.   But he's far from what I would consider awake.   He's all excited about sharing it.   That's how easy I can tell.  

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

2 hours ago, Inliytened1 said:

Frank did the same for a couple of years after his 'awakening' if this is the metric you're going to use then Frank Yang would also be enlightened

Edit: sorry for being argumentative. I'm just bored

Edited by PenguinPablo

9 hours ago, Space said:

Why don't you think he's awake? He had a full-blown Kundalini awakening. Does that not fit into your definitions of Awakening anymore? Genuinely curious.

Nothing but Leo’s non-existent (due to Solipsism) direct experience is Awake from what I’ve gathered from his posts. It appears that “Awake” has become an entirely different word when he uses it. 

Edited by BipolarGrowth

Everybody wanna be a mystic, but nobody wanna dissolve themselves to the point of a psych ward visit. 
https://youtu.be/5i5jGU9wn2M?si=-rXSAiT1MMZrdBtY

14 hours ago, Inliytened1 said:

Frank is full of games - otherwise he wouldnt be putting out videos.   Hes all about attention.   Leo is 1000 times more awake than Frank.  Frank has zero to offer.

Speaking from experience, Frank has done more for me practically than Leo has. Although, Leo has done more for me theoretically. I've attained stable states of consciousness totally naturally because of Frank. I've never gotten anything of the sort from Leo, and in day to day life that makes a difference.

@dualnon Did you trip yet?

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

Just now, Thought Art said:

@dualnon Did you trip yet?

I haven't done 5MEO but I've done basically everything else.

@dualnon Interesting. Leo has changed my life completely. 

Frank Yang doesn’t do much for me. I really don’t resonate with him. 

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

15 minutes ago, dualnon said:

Speaking from experience, Frank has done more for me practically than Leo has. Although, Leo has done more for me theoretically. I've attained stable states of consciousness totally naturally because of Frank. I've never gotten anything of the sort from Leo, and in day to day life that makes a difference.

Both have videos on self inquiry and meditation - so it just happened to be that his videos helped you more.   That is fine.  As you said, the theoretical framework is here - and that's really all you need.  The meditation has to be done regardless- and that is independent of teacher.   

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

On 2/25/2023 at 11:47 AM, Leo Gura said:

Frank Yang is not Awake.

Monkey games.

Or Spiritual Bypassing.  

Vincit omnia Veritas.

4 hours ago, Breakingthewall said:

For me it is a miraculous oasis that at least this exists. spirituality without psychedelics gets stuck, nothing is achieved imo, and this is the only place in history where this is discussed. It is true that it is going slowly, there is no general opening, it is drop by drop, but it is something. only the beginning of a trend, of the wish and the consecution of the real understanding of reality, or so I hope

You're really wrong on the psychedelic stuff though.  It's not required for awakening like you think it is.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.