Optimized Life

Should I buy a massage to release negative emotions?

16 posts in this topic

** Please keep this in dating section and don't move to health because ** :

Normally i would try to deal with the emotions and save my money, however I have potential dates and girls to meet but my mood and body is full of tension and anger and this unfortunately kills my vibe with women, meditating is not working and I can't even think straight enough to text girls who are already interested or arrange dates.

The only cheap solution I can think of is to drink some beer. 

Should I pay like $40 - $100 for a massage?

Will this help me with my game this week?

Edited by Optimized Life

@Optimized Life It could help you chill out a bit.

Go to a spa. Get in a sauna, cold plunge if they have it, and get some Swedish massage. You may feel much better.

Craniosacral therapy may also help.

You could go to a community center and workout at the gym then go swimming and sit in the sauna for a long time. That is pretty cheap and can help you get rid of extra anger and energy that is keeping you from thinking straight. I prefer self massage with a lacrosse ball if you want to get rid of muscle tension.

@aurum As a Swedish person I’m amazed that I didn’t know this was a think. Guess you learn something every day.

I suppose the thai don’t call it a Thai massage either.

Edited by Spiral

You need to learn the technique to lean into the tension by relaxing yourself during tension ..

You are not accepting things you are judging and rejecting...

Who teaches us whats real and how to laugh at lies? Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?Who chain us? And who holds the Key that can set us free? 

It's you.

You have all the weapons you need 

Now fight.

7 hours ago, Spiral said:

@aurum As a Swedish person I’m amazed that I didn’t know this was a think. Guess you learn something every day.

I suppose the thai don’t call it a Thai massage either.

And all the techniques are named in French xD

@Optimized Life I'd slightly late to the party here but I'd say go for the massage.

I think its important to find enjoyable ways to destress whilst doing game.

Be-Do-Have

Made it out the inner hood

There is no failure, only feedback

I am in Massage School, and the short answer is.. If you are looking to Relax and let go of some of the anger/emotions, Swedish, Spa, Deep Relaxation, Deep Tissue, and many other modalities could help.

If your body is Tense there can be a ton of reasons why, it could be posture, environment, holding emotions in specific areas, trauma, holding stress, etc..

One of the most Impactful effects a high quality massage is facilitating access the Parasympathetic nervous system, the "Rest and Digest" aspect of the autonomic nervous system. A Meditation practice can deepen that, pretty profound states can be reached as the body moves into a "healing" state.

Disclaimer: I am not licensed yet, and am just getting to the end of term two, with three to go, so there is a ton more perspective out there. I would advise doing some research or asking chatGPT, it could shed some light on ways it Massage Therapy could help.

Music is Love in disguise.

Imagine a future where Self Integration, Exploration and Creation is  normalized and encouraged.

https://wakingcall.com/

On 25/02/2023 at 0:25 AM, aurum said:

Craniosacral therapy

Interesting, I tried deep tissue massage but this I never heard of!

@Optimized Life

Google Sedona Method. This will really fix your issue.

Check out Leos Video about it

Read my thread here

On 02/03/2023 at 11:19 PM, Realms of Wonder said:

I am in Massage School, and the short answer is.. If you are looking to Relax and let go of some of the anger/emotions, Swedish, Spa, Deep Relaxation, Deep Tissue, and many other modalities could help.

If your body is Tense there can be a ton of reasons why, it could be posture, environment, holding emotions in specific areas, trauma, holding stress, etc..

One of the most Impactful effects a high quality massage is facilitating access the Parasympathetic nervous system, the "Rest and Digest" aspect of the autonomic nervous system. A Meditation practice can deepen that, pretty profound states can be reached as the body moves into a "healing" state.

Disclaimer: I am not licensed yet, and am just getting to the end of term two, with three to go, so there is a ton more perspective out there. I would advise doing some research or asking chatGPT, it could shed some light on ways it Massage Therapy could help.

Thank you for your response and good luck with your qualification, would be a really cool skill to have. 

@Optimized Life Massage therapy is awesome! I highly recommend it. I get one once or twice a month.

Edited by Matthew85

I recently started using a shakti mat and was actually quite impressed haha 

Bio energetic therapy also really helps try doing this before your dates or daily if you really want to become more relaxed 

It really depends on how deal with it. As long as you don’t make the massage visits into a coping mechanisms to avoid and deal with life it should be ok. 

In Tate we trust

No should or shouldn't's but I recommend to go for it. let a girl massage you. Full body brazilian or something

"I believe you are more afraid of condemning me to the stake than for me to receive your cruel and disproportionate punishment."

- Giordano Bruno, Campo de' Fiori, Rome, Italy. February 17th, 1600.

Cosmic pluralist, mathematician and poet.