Kksd74628

Other side of the TikTok

52 posts in this topic

Again on this forum, we aren't treating topic holistically. Yeah TikTok lowers our concentration span and occasionally brings weird trends, but I think that our younger generation is grasping quicker concepts that took ages for older generation now. Exactly, because TikTok is showing ideologies such as LGBT, people get informed of those existing. If you would only follow news and not any social media you just wouldn't be on a track of what is happening in the world. News are good, but the "real life concepts" come from social media where you meet people not "objective truth". Opinions and their variety are one of the most important gifts you can give to young people. They will understand lot about having biases, because they will see people discussing on very different sides against each others.

The reason younger generation is more openminded to new concepts is because they are being exposed to those in a way they can take it in. If their parents would've teached morality, they wouldn't care, but because it comes from their peers it is easier to take in. Also younger people tend to be more openminded by default than older generation due to different circumstances obviously, but also because at some age people start to close up and start being more conservative, because they don't anymore understand nor want to underdstand new concepts that arise. When you as a child were laughing at your parents not understanding obvious things, understand that if you start to hate TikTok you'll be that person who will be laughed.

Conclusion

Don't fight against trends, but embody them and work the problem from the inside not outside. TikTok or some even "crazier" alternative will always be and "weirder" things will come so stop resisting, because it will just cause stress, because the process is going forward and it cannot be stopped nor it should.

-joNi-

Edited by Kksd74628

Who told you that "others" are real?

@Kksd74628

4 hours ago, Kksd74628 said:

Again on this forum, we aren't treating topic holistically. Yeah TikTok lowers our concentration span and occasionally brings weird trends, but I think that our younger generation is grasping quicker concepts that took ages for older generation now. Exactly, because TikTok is showing ideologies such as LGBT, people get informed of those existing. If you would only follow news and not any social media you just wouldn't be on a track of what is happening in the world. News are good, but the "real life concepts" come from social media where you meet people not "objective truth". Opinions and their variety are one of the most important gifts you can give to young people. They will understand lot about having biases, because they will see people discussing on very different sides against each others.

The reason younger generation is more openminded to new concepts is because they are being exposed to those in a way they can take it in. If their parents would've teached morality, they wouldn't care, but because it comes from their peers it is easier to take in. Also younger people tend to be more openminded by default than older generation due to different circumstances obviously, but also because at some age people start to close up and start being more conservative, because they don't anymore understand nor want to underdstand new concepts that arise. When you as a child were laughing at your parents not understanding obvious things, understand that if you start to hate TikTok you'll be that person who will be laughed.

Conclusion

Don't fight against trends, but embody them and work the problem from the inside not outside. TikTok or some even "crazier" alternative will always be and "weirder" things will come so stop resisting, because it will just cause stress, because the process is going forward and it cannot be stopped nor it should.

-joNi-

Unfortunately, Tik Tok has overall produced a net negative towards the younger generation. Based on the Spiral Dynamics stages of development, cognitive and moral development, personality types and traits, ego development, states of consciousness, life/lived experiences and other lines of development in various areas of life, and ideologies indoctrinated into the mind, Tik Tok has so far proven to be a collective trap box, by China's Hua Wei, to specifically perform a 'soft invasion' digitally, by corrupting the information ecology, spreading misinformation and disinformation into the majority of western teens' minds that are hooked and consume too much social media, as well as Tik Tok shorts.

Here are a few examples so far of the negativity of Tik Tok, and how it functions as a long term corrosive mind trap, to slow down stages of development of western minds, to influence further cognitive decline and focus, to proliferate moral degradation, increase neurosis and Narcissism in young teens and increase social anxiety and introversion, feed false and BS garbage information intake to make users feel lower states of consciousness, and to distort and reframe actual life experiences to give them a false sense of reality, that this is the new norm, when in fact it's designed to give false expectations.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwiv3O3U5K79AhXaiFwKHbQ5Am4QFnoECBMQAw&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.attentionalways.com%2F10-bad-things-about-tiktok%2F&usg=AOvVaw13LGbKhKrUMIiQI6vxMAKF

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwiv3O3U5K79AhXaiFwKHbQ5Am4QFnoECAoQAQ&url=https%3A%2F%2Fauthenticallydel.com%2Fnegative-effects-tiktok%2F&usg=AOvVaw2q1X5y59jhUyAWc666cXKr

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwip_eO05679AhVSOMAKHYRcD64QFnoECBAQAw&url=https%3A%2F%2Fgamequitters.com%2Ftiktok-brain%2F%23%3A~%3Atext%3DThe%20term%20'TikTok%20brain'%20is%2Cproblematic%20and%20lead%20to%20addiction.&usg=AOvVaw0lPa-MAr1joJPFAu27Zl_G

@Juan

2 hours ago, Juan said:

@Danioover9000 Ugh dude stop, and be open minded. 

I am open minded, but not enough my brains spill out. You, and OP lately, are underestimating the devastation that Tik Tok can unleash upon the youth and future generations, and are spilling your brains all over the place, poisoning the well, and trying to sugar coat Tik Tok like it's safe.

It's not.  

@Danioover9000

As I said previously: "Change brings good and bad things, but on overall the world is learning from its own mistakes so let's stop worrying and start accepting what is." The point is that the more we evolve the more new hard puzzles we will face and that can feel scary to some people. I have seen the studies of TikTok and I understand the negative sides of TikTok, but I was merely pointing out that there is another side to this thing and it isn't solely negative thing. I am just trying to take the position of bringing perspective, that no one does, to the table so more people can approve them. It also leads to interesting conversations and I will learn a lot from them.

All love to you <3

Unlocked per user request. Different frame on the matter.

Edited by UnbornTao

@Kksd74628

9 hours ago, Kksd74628 said:

Conclusion

-joNi-

Okay, can you give me a list of the positive effects that Tik Tok has to younger people so far?

47 minutes ago, Danioover9000 said:

@Kksd74628

Okay, can you give me a list of the positive effects that Tik Tok has to younger people so far?

@Danioover9000 This is not rocket science, since you haven’t done a Tiktok account to experience it, we could said the same thing as youtube and instagram: educate yourself, connect with people, if you have a branding then grow there. In my experience, I had grow faster on tiktok compared to instagram and youtube (although youtube recently has given me some good results too). 

Yes many of their content is short, so what? You can learn how to draw a face in a minute! Or learn about anything. You can upload up to 10 min. now. You know what I’ve said before bro, is up to you to decide what content to watch. Whatever happens on tiktok, same happens on other socials, experience is king.?

@Danioover9000

It isn't that TikTok has positive effects but all social medias in general. TikTok just seems to be one of the big ones.

1. Social media brings people's opinions to masses eye's better than news or other sources of consuming information.
2. Consuming TikTok content draws good picture of new trends with small searching. That helps to stay on track of new trends, concepts and news.
3. It seems that people are extremely open on TikTok and I see that as a good thing to evolve people to be more outgoing. I even think that not talking about sexuality is one of the biggest taboos.
4. And as @Juan said "You can learn how to draw a face in a minute!"

@Kksd74628

5 minutes ago, Kksd74628 said:

@Danioover9000

It isn't that TikTok has positive effects but all social medias in general. TikTok just seems to be one of the big ones.

1. Social media brings people's opinions to masses eye's better than news or other sources of consuming information.
2. Consuming TikTok content draws good picture of new trends with small searching. That helps to stay on track of new trends, concepts and news.
3. It seems that people are extremely open on TikTok and I see that as a good thing to evolve people to be more outgoing. I even think that not talking about sexuality is one of the biggest taboos.
4. And as @Juan said "You can learn how to draw a face in a minute!"

4. Well, drawing faces, or drawing any subject matter, within a sped up video is nothing new to Tik Tok. YouTube, Instagram, Pinterest, and other visually based websites have done the same with drawing tutorial videos. There's even historical methods and teachings of drawing techniques, already pre existing knowledge base already, so I don't see how this is a positive purely for Tik Tok, personally feels like theft.

3.Yes, I partly agree, stage green valued younger people, even the hippies and SJWs, and the hyperactive ones, value Tik Tok, due to it's algorithm being really quick to curating content to every single user's self biases and preferences, so effective it curates sexual content to specifically a user's bias, unconsciously, due to the length of time that user is viewing a video, and other contextual factors and user engagement. Yes, the algorithm is so powerful at this that it gave every single user what they wanted deep down. Stage of development, cognitive biases and moral development, personality types and traits, states of being, life experiences, and other lines of development in various areas of life, recorded and tailored by the algorithm, all that personal data tracked very quickly to ByteDance.

2. Sure, for the fads and trends, that's good for marketing and promotion. Don't care, especially when there's no intentionality to marketing and promoting your content, especially when the algorithm, again, hyper curates and tailors content to fit exactly your biases perfectly.

1. Faster /=/ better, haste makes waste, garbage input = garbage output, classic Leo Gura take. All may be good and partly true if contextualized, but that's assuming A LOT FROM 8-16 year old teenagers and children, as the major demographic of Tik Tok, on average, don't cognitively develop the same capacities for critical thinking as adults. For the adult demographic using Tik Tok I'll assume reasonable and intentional usage, but younger? No, in fact they're wasting time and energy, viewing content hyper curated to their biases, and not really learning outside of their perspectives. Tik Tok currently is the perfect digital trap box, the best ideology propagator and proliferator, the best piece of this fractured, fractal magnifying glass we call the internet, that force multiplies every single person's ideology.

Tik Tok, if we're not careful now, in 50-100 years, will be the next virtual world prison of the world.

@Juan

31 minutes ago, Juan said:

@Danioover9000 This is not rocket science, since you haven’t done a Tiktok account to experience it, we could said the same thing as youtube and instagram: educate yourself, connect with people, if you have a branding then grow there. In my experience, I had grow faster on tiktok compared to instagram and youtube (although youtube recently has given me some good results too). 

Yes many of their content is short, so what? You can learn how to draw a face in a minute! Or learn about anything. You can upload up to 10 min. now. You know what I’ve said before bro, is up to you to decide what content to watch. Whatever happens on tiktok, same happens on other socials, experience is king.?

I agree, I concede my point of view. I am going to make a user account in Tik Tok, and watch twerking or dance videos, with an open mind. I will epistemically be blind, start as unbiased as I can, and consume twerking and dance videos, maybe I'm wrong about Tik Tok? Maybe, even though this isn't sexually attractive or a fetish to me, as I'm more a chest, tummy and face person, maybe jiggling butts and yoga pants and hands are sexually appealing after all, in sped up videos? I don't know, the mysteries of Tik Tok imprisonment abounds. Am I the wise, or am I the fool?

And yes, Naz X's cowboy rap songs did gain popularity on Tik Tok so I'll give you that, maybe my Eminem shorts might? Who knows, ad I don't know.

16 minutes ago, Juan said:

@Extreme Z7 You can go meta with the internet being a “Pleasure Universe”, even with life outside itself. 

TikTok is a Meth Cube

@Extreme Z7

11 hours ago, Extreme Z7 said:

TikTok is a Meth Cube

Exactly, enough said. That's what it's designed to be, extremely addicting. Other than marketing uses, it's a huge pleasure center.

@Danioover9000

Do you really think the majority of people will continue using it in a destructive way after they figure out the problems? Like do you think we should ban fast food? This sort of social fascism infantalizes society, it's like "The government will keep me from making any mistake therefore me no need to thinky.".

16 minutes ago, Devin said:

Do you really think the majority of people will continue using it in a destructive way after they figure out the problems?

Thats what addiction is, you know that it is incredibly destructive, but you will use it anyway.

16 minutes ago, Devin said:

"The government will keep me from making any mistake therefore me no need to thinky.".

Ideally you would be presented with options that will give you more agency and not less. When you get addicted to something ,you basically get your personal agency taken away from you.

Edited by zurew

5 minutes ago, zurew said:

Thats what addiction is, you know that it is incredibly destructive but you will use it regardless.

Ideally you would be presented with options that will give you more agency and not less. When you get addicted to something ,you basically get your personal agency taken away from you.

Do you think society would have been better off banning cigarettes and fastfood, or letting society learn they need to think for themselves more and not trust salesmen and ads?

When something is banned everyone's agency is taken from them.

Edited by Devin