Mixcoatl

Why can't I remember the future?

9 posts in this topic

Why can I remember the past but not the future?

I mean. The answer "memory is imagination" doesn't convince me since everything is imagination. 

Let's say me & my brother had scrambled eggs in the morning. Later during the day I ask him: do you remember we had scrambled eggs? He will answer: yes.

But if I ask him: do you remember that tomorrow we will have salad for breakfast? He will answer: i don't know. Or even worse, he will answer: i can't remember the future!

My doubt is: why is there a mach between his past memory and mine but our memories about the future don't match?

Because reality is a certain way. Imagine that reality is like a river. The water flows downstream. Why can you not paddle upstream just as easily as downstream? Because that is the nature of the river.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

@Mixcoatl You can remember the future, you just haven't yet learned how.

Potestas Infinitas, Libertas Infinitas, Auctoritas Infinitas.

It is against the law of the MATRIX. There is nothing encapsulating the MATRIX ?

And to be mundane for a moment, the Matrix is a quantum system. According to the theory of quantum mechanics, the properties of a particle are potential and can only be known after observation. Likewise, "future" events are also potential and will unfold in due course as needed.

Edited by Patang

As far as the underlying metaphysical cause, I have no idea.  However, I’m considering on a practical level that having knowledge of the future would make you want to change the future.  

Seeing as we live in a world of billions of people with a large number of conflicting agendas, I think that could result in an infinite chain of futures overwriting other futures.  In that case, I wonder what future exactly you’d be seeing, as any events that would not actually come to pass would no longer be the future.

This might result in some kind of vast time war that would potentially make all humans completely insane and unable to act or understand anything.

Or somehow all possibilities would converge to form a singular future that no one would want to change.  But then there would be no room for individuality or independent thought.

This is an interesting example of how reality must be structured in a very specific way to make any kind of sense and allow minds like ours to exist

It is possible to switch from witnessing the unfolding of the present moment to remembering it, in real time.

I can literally make events happen in the future by simply willing it with my mind through imaginaton and thinking and will-power.

But I’m not allowed to, for a reason I don’t yet know, but I know it’s for a good reason or it would’t be disallowed.

Edited by Rahra

Connecting to your intuition might help.

And it also might be possible if you develop paranormal abilities like channeling. But it takes time.

Let Love In

23 hours ago, Mixcoatl said:

Why can I remember the past but not the future?

I mean. The answer "memory is imagination" doesn't convince me since everything is imagination. 

Let's say me & my brother had scrambled eggs in the morning. Later during the day I ask him: do you remember we had scrambled eggs? He will answer: yes.

But if I ask him: do you remember that tomorrow we will have salad for breakfast? He will answer: i don't know. Or even worse, he will answer: i can't remember the future!

My doubt is: why is there a mach between his past memory and mine but our memories about the future don't match?

There is no past or future.  We have created time and space and we have created that time can only go backwards not forwards.  Thus it appears you can have a past. But both are imaginary.  You can't have a past or future because you are the eternal now.  Remembering itself is designed by you thus it can be designed in any fashion.

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.