Mixcoatl

God and the stone paradox.

17 posts in this topic

Recently this paradox came into my mind in a different fashion:

If God (consciousness) is absolutely omnipotent. Can it create a universe made out of matter as fundamental substance?

My thoughts are the following:

1. God is not absolutely omnipotent. Or

2. God can imagine this universe within itself (imagination) and imagine it's own disappearance, and thus, disappearing that universe (which is not quite correct because this universe would still remain inside consciousness). Or

3. It can and it can't at the same time.

I wanna read your thoughts and insights about this. Thank you!!

I don't know, and honestly, I don't care. The divagations at the level of human reason, how many devils will dance on the head of the pin, are complete nonsense, just like the divagations about non-duality. The very word "non-dual" implies dualism in the form of a "dual" counterweight in a relationship to which this "non-reality" would exist. Paradoxes are everywhere; they are inevitable and are probably an inherent feature of existence as such. Interestingly, they appear when we overthink. As if something was saying, stop, that's enough. I suggest you leave it for the sake of mental health. Allow any possibility as possible and irrelevant.

Relax & enjoy;)

@Mixcoatl I beleive that he answered this as god is nothing and everything. Nothing isnt its default state so being nothing requires just as much energy as everything and it would be just as hard to maintain. Consciousness is separate from the universe and the states that take place do not effect it. It can forget itself for infinite time but there is not infinite like the absolute infinite.

conciousness.jpg

God can experience everything as if it was real while remaining God (conscious and omnipotent) all the time.

While it happens there's no difference. But when it ceases (aka when the dream ends) it is instantaneously recognised as having not been real the entire time.

The Secret of this Universe is You.

my music

On 2/23/2023 at 3:17 PM, Mixcoatl said:

If God (consciousness) is absolutely omnipotent. Can it create a universe made out of matter as fundamental substance?

No.

The notion of "matter" is a figment of Consciousness, so matter IS Consciousness.

However, what God can do it make you believe that matter is not Consciousness. So God can do the above as an illusion. Which is exactly what it has done.

Consciousness can never stop being Consciousness, however, it can forget that it is Consciousness. And that's the whole trick: forgetting.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

God can make anything possible.  It dreams impossibility into existence. 

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

On 2/23/2023 at 4:17 PM, Mixcoatl said:

All that exists is imaginary. So, if God made matter separate from the substance of imagination, then that matter wouldn't exist. This is fundamentally why Materialism is significantly flawed. And why Materialism's reality "behind the scenes" apart from perception is impossible to substantiate.

1. God is not absolutely omnipotent.

This is simply false. The defect in your logic is the materialistic understanding of what matter is. Matter is dreamt up out of nothing, just like all the objects that the same matter allegedly can build. Matter, as materialism understands it is equivalent to nothing in actuality. Therefore, it isn't a limitation to be unable to as you put it make a universe fundamentally out of matter. 

God can imagine this universe within itself (imagination) and imagine it's own disappearance, and thus, disappearing that universe (which is not quite correct because this universe would still remain inside consciousness).

What do you mean by this? That God can imagine itself going into nonexistence, or the universe God has warped itself into being can be unimagined? In either event, this seems to be non sequitur.

Potestas Infinitas, Libertas Infinitas, Auctoritas Infinitas.

God must refrain from showing His full Divine Might to a human so he doesn’t collapse into dust.

On 25/2/2023 at 2:54 PM, Leo Gura said:

No.

The notion of "matter" is a figment of Consciousness, so matter IS Consciousness.

However, what God can do it make you believe that matter is not Consciousness. So God can do the above as an illusion. Which is exactly what it has done.

Consciousness can never stop being Consciousness, however, it can forget that it is Consciousness. And that's the whole trick: forgetting.

Well. I saw your video about paradoxes. Also, you've been saying that absolutely everything is possible within consciousness. I'd like to know what you mean when you say "absolutely everything is possible" but you are also excluding this possibility. I want to clarify that I'm not a materialistic person.

Yes, matter is a figment of consciousness, I agree. But how can't it make that universe possible ?? There must be something outside God that is preventing it to happen, which is also a paradox. It seems that consciousness in some way constraints itself 

I mean, I'm trying to make sense of it and I find very interesting the things that you say in your paradox video, specially when you say that when you go beyond the limits, things become paradoxical.

On 25/2/2023 at 2:54 PM, Leo Gura said:

No.

My gosh. I just got it. The idea of matter is made of consciousness. 

Anyways. I still believe consciousness constraints itself in certain ways.

On 24/2/2023 at 3:38 PM, LSD-Rumi said:

@Mixcoatl God can do anything except changing itself. God cannot be anything but God.

Yes. That's the root of that paradox

1 hour ago, Mixcoatl said:

Well. I saw your video about paradoxes. Also, you've been saying that absolutely everything is possible within consciousness. I'd like to know what you mean when you say "absolutely everything is possible" but you are also excluding this possibility. I want to clarify that I'm not a materialistic person.

Yes, matter is a figment of consciousness, I agree. But how can't it make that universe possible ?? There must be something outside God that is preventing it to happen, which is also a paradox. It seems that consciousness in some way constraints itself 

I mean, I'm trying to make sense of it and I find very interesting the things that you say in your paradox video, specially when you say that when you go beyond the limits, things become paradoxical.

God is Infinite Imagination. It can imagine anything. However God cannot change its own nature. So God cannot cease to exist and God cannot stop being Love.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

On 24/02/2023 at 0:17 AM, Mixcoatl said:

create a universe made out of matter as fundamental substance?
imagine this universe within itself and imagine it's own disappearance

similar questions: "can being not be" / "can reality be different than it is" / "can true be false"

infinitely many possibilities includes everything and even all possible paradoxes through: illusion, illusion of duality, finite consciousness, sub-realities 

On 2/23/2023 at 5:17 PM, Mixcoatl said:

Recently this paradox came into my mind in a different fashion:

My thoughts are the following:

1. God is not absolutely omnipotent. Or

2. God can imagine this universe within itself (imagination) and imagine it's own disappearance, and thus, disappearing that universe (which is not quite correct because this universe would still remain inside consciousness). Or

3. It can and it can't at the same time.

I wanna read your thoughts and insights about this. Thank you!!

You'll run into strange loops when the finite mind tries to capture the infinite. 

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.