Augustus

Nothing Supernatural About Altered States Of Consciousness - Video

6 posts in this topic

The science behind no-self experience and different states of consciousness and how "supernatural" experiences came to exist, it's a good video I wanted to share with you.

Of course once the supernatural and paranormal become a part of your worldview, they are held at perfectly natural and normal.

Words like "supernatural", "paranormal", "mystical", and "pseudoscience" are just dismissals/demonizations of various phenomena of which one is ignorant. They are always circular definitions whose function is to preserve the old paradigm. Once the ignorance is removed, those words become meaningless.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Supernatural is something defy rules of physics (Nature) . Personally, I don't  believe in such thing.

However, there are things science does not have the answer for yet like for example: how consciousness happens and what is dark matter, but despite being out side of our current knowledge those things is natural phenomena, there is no reason to assume other wise.

The problem of believing in supernatural is you can easily lost your way in the world of  magical thinking, I mean you start believing that enlightenment is something of magic and the next thing you know is that you are new age believer and instead of going to doctor when you are sick you go to shaman healers. Of course no one say we humans have all the answers but that does not mean to follow any claims without healthy dose of skepticism, I used to believe in chi energy and chakras but later I learned enough to apply skeptical thinking to all claims and I stopped believe in any thing without solid evidence.

Lastly, I am sorry for being late  to reply but I didn't think any one would reply to this video I post. and thank you all.     

"Supernatural" is just a term you invented for things you don't yet understand and which would force you to abandon your current paradigm. You need to preserve your paradigm, so you cleverly dismiss anything that could break it as "supernatural". Thus allowing you to stay blissfully ignorant of other facets of reality.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

6 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

"Supernatural" is just a term you invented for things you don't yet understand and which would force you to abandon your current paradigm. You need to preserve your paradigm, so you cleverly dismiss anything that could break it as "supernatural". Thus allowing you to stay blissfully ignorant of other facets of reality.

Well I didn’t see anything supernatural in my life to force me to abandon my current paradigm of naturalism, Of course I may be wrong but I don’t think it’s likely to be the case.

And let suppose I encounter something I can’t explain, how do I know that it’s supernatural? what if it’s natural and I simply don’t have enough information to understand it, can you give me an example of something you consider supernatural, I will not argue with you about it I just want to know what do you mean by supernatural.

By the way I liked your last video about paradigms (I watch every video you post) and I agree with you that everyone has a world view or paradigm and one only accept the facts that are confirming his world view, I maybe falling into this trap myself but as I mentioned earlier I never encounter anything paranormal before and it’s very hard for me to accept the existence of paranormal without experiencing it by myself.