Antor8188

My mom ruined my confidence

3 posts in this topic

@Leo Gura the reason I don't have confidence with women is because my mom belittled me. She said I'm not good looking enough neither do I have the personality to attract females but im slowly proving her wrong. She is a really selfish person too. How can I get over this trauma? 

probably she is a narcissist who wants to have her child dependent and inferior to her. what you must do is realize their strategies and disassemble them, detach them from your psyche. she does not do it out of evil, she is like that. like the scorpion and the frog, she can't help it. once you see their pathetic strategies, they stop affecting you

3 hours ago, Antor8188 said:

the reason I don't have confidence with women is because my mom belittled me.

Sadly, this is your mom's story about you and you believed her BS since childhood. Now that you're starting "to prove her wrong" you should see that her model of who you are doesn't match with who you actually are. The good news is it doesn't matter how much trauma you experienced, you can always flip the story around to your liking. There will be a bit of work ahead of you to get through all the ugly mental images about yourself (which were fed to you since birth). Like @Breakingthewall said she might have narcissistic traits. Start by getting familiar with narcissistic family dynamics and you might soon see that you are actually perfectly normal, except you learnt to not express your own truth since it got you into trouble with your mom all your life.