StormLight

Leo's worst outburst yet

221 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, StormLight said:

That's fair, but its mainly the condescending, arrogantly elitst attitude that comes alongside it that should be made more greatly aware. That's textbook ego, the thing he claims to be against the most.  

He's not afraid to look egotistical. I think he doubles down on it on purpose. He sees "acting humble" as a façade. Is it egotistical for someone like Leo or Sadghuru to describe themselves as "awake" or "more conscious"? I don't think so. Such concepts and ideas are often used by the ego for self-grandiosity, but not always, and having the courage and authority to say those things as a matter of fact is not a bad practice IMO. It's also a test of true humbleness on your side to see if you are going to be put off by such statements and accuse them of lacking humility or realize that they genuinely do have more experience and knowledge to offer you. 

Admittedly, his post is very hyperbolic and exaggerated. For example, the part where he says "your whole life and everything out of your mouth has been a lie". Obviously, this isn't exactly true, but it's very eye-catching and dramatic. It would be a mistake to take this at face value since it's just hyperbole to catch your attention. He's just saying that to get his initial point across in a more emphatic way. That's it. 

Edited by Osaid

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, "This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful." The moment you see it, the head stops spinning thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts beating faster. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho

23 hours ago, StormLight said:

violated his own forum guidelines

When the administrator of a forum makes rules for people who want to be on this forum and not get kicked, 
doesnt mean he included himself

Also i think his intention wasnt insulting or mobbing 
there is a difference between, when you say idiot to somebody to hurt his feelings, or you say it because you really mean it and just want him to know
Actualized Quotes #024

itt everyone will certainly become enlightened by finally bludgeoning Leo into submission regarding their preference for his communication style.

I'll add one more to the cause.

Fuck you Leo, you narcissistic prick.

;)

I don't think the posts you highlight OP are so bad

I thought the recent one where Leo called someone a rat was completely abhorrent and out of order though.

End of the day, imo you need to weigh up for yourself the pros and cons of being a part of the forum.

For me there is stuff that has previously occurred on this forum that would have made me leave pretty much any other forum. However, for me, there's also a tonne of value, and on the balance of it, that value keeps me here.

Edited by Ulax

Be-Do-Have

Made it out the inner hood

There is no failure, only feedback

Be the example you want to set I guess. 

The forum seems more chill these days overall. Many of the trolls and drama causers are gone. 

Leo has been more insulting to people lately for whatever reason. He has spoken about this in some videos. Honestly, that sort of way of speaking to people is still something I feel ambiguous about.

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

2 hours ago, StormLight said:

That's fair, but its mainly the condescending, arrogantly elitst attitude that comes alongside it that should be made more greatly aware. That's textbook ego, the thing he claims to be against the most.  

@StormLight I think one has to be wary of not being a devil themselves when they critique Leo on his communication style.

To me, its important to separate when Leo is using that style strategically, and when he is just being prideful.

His use of the biting communication style in a strategic manner is gold to me. It enables Leo's content to resonate with a lower consciousness audience, people who's lives are in tatters imo. If Leo was to change to a more lovey dovey style i think that resonance would be lost, and those lower consciousness demographics would be left seeking answers from other people who resonate with them. Which are typically rather unsavoury characters imo, who will often exploit them.

So, I think its important to be nuanced in one's critique. 

Be-Do-Have

1 minute ago, Ulax said:

I thought the recent one where Leo called someone a rat was completely abhorrent and out of order though.

The only thing I found bad in this was: If he dislikes them so much, why let them remain here?

--- maybe it's time for /r/actualize-exodus

33 minutes ago, Osaid said:

Is it egotistical for someone like Leo or Sadghuru to describe themselves as "awake" or "more conscious"?

No, but saying you are the most awake person, and saying that no one else is awake or at his level of course is super egotistical (because he has no way of testing  those claims) and he made multiple very egotistical statements that are all radiating that he has a huge ego and lacks embodiment in a very big way. Sadghuru has never ever said, that he is the most awake person or implied that he is special. Leo has made multiple videos about multiple different important topics and he lacks the embodiment regarding all of them. He has emotional outburts (and not just here and there, but it seems to be more and more frequent), he lacks integrity (he lets himself to do stuff on this forum that he doesn't allow others to do), and he doesn't follow his own advice about many things. This is his forum so yes, he can do whatever the fuck he wants, but lets not virtue signal about integrity and about other things like that, when you as the leader don't follow your own rules.

I guess the sentence of "lead by example" is forgotten here, but at the same, it is somehow reasonable to assume that people will follow the rules (when the forum leader doesn't) and follow the teachings (when the teacher doesn't).

Being a dick as a method seems incredibly limited ,because that makes him look more of like an authority figure(where he can constantly show off how much better and how much more awake he is than anyone else and at the same time put others down) for some and for others who are sceptical about his teachings won't really achieve much, because they are already sceptical about his work. No one will suddenly get enlightened by being called a stupid rat, and saying that claims like that is him teaching others is a big cope and delusional imo. The only thing that will work is actually doing the practices, but you won't motivate sceptical people by calling them names and putting them down. Being a dick method is again very dangerous because it automatically makes him an authority figure (implying others are so stupid, that they can't think for themselves and they need to follow his advice, because otherwise they are lost)

Its not about "ohh you crybabies getting mad for some harsh comments" its more about the frequency of it and about what that tells us about him as a person and his integrity and his actual values.

The mental gymnastics and whitewashing coming from some of the mods here is really concerning, and unironically makes this place look like a cult. The fact that some of you can't even acknowledge when Leo is just being a dick for no reason is sad and makes him look like a figure that can't do anything wrong because you can just always flip it to make it look like it was necessary and it was actually "positive".

@supremeyingyang I don't understand what point you're intending to make

Be-Do-Have

Just now, Ulax said:

@supremeyingyang I don't understand what point you're intending to make

If he hates the behavior of this people that much, why not lock them instead of 'yell' at them?

@supremeyingyang Actually, the rant in question here helped me cut through some of my own bullshit 

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

9 minutes ago, Thought Art said:

@supremeyingyang Actually, the rant in question here helped me cut through some of my own bullshit 

@Thought Art I don't think that's really the issue here though.

If it did amount to abuse, you can't justify abusing people just because it helps some people out. People end up killing themselves because of abuse.

Be-Do-Have

To be fair, he did say he was playing with insanity so this was to be expected.

17 minutes ago, Thought Art said:

Where you on Leos side or the side of the marauders?

14 minutes ago, nhoktinvt said:

@supremeyingyang he just doesn't know better ig

He does.

6 minutes ago, Ulax said:

@Thought Art I don't think that's really the issue here though.

If it did amount to abuse, you can't justify abusing people just because it helps some people out. People end up killing themselves because of abuse.

+1

I'd just say 3 strikes (non-permanent locks) and you are out. No anger required, anyone around learns. I'm baffled at a. who is allowed to stay and b. what shit people get here and still log in on a daily basis

2 minutes ago, meta_male said:

To be fair, he did say he was playing with insanity so this was to be expected.

where did he say that?

46 minutes ago, supremeyingyang said:

+1

I'd just say 3 strikes (non-permanent locks) and you are out. No anger required, anyone around learns. I'm baffled at a. who is allowed to stay and b. what shit people get here and still log in on a daily basis

@supremeyingyang I think one's views on the guidelines will depend on what point one see's the forum as having.

I.e.

An egalitarian humanist might look to be very tolerant of misbehaviour as they see the forum as a place where they value the potential of users very highly, particularly those of lower consciousness, and see a vision for how they can reach their potential via being a part of the forum.

A high level spiritual seeker might want to be quick to ban unruly users because they see the forum as a place where sophisticated high consciousness individuals have a place to communicate and exchange ideas. 

Be-Do-Have

For all of you guys coping, listen to your common sense. None of this is ok behavior. This is embarrassing.

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

@Ulax  see, we could have both. Make new subsection where certain people can be sorted out and need to prove worthy again