StormLight

Leo's worst outburst yet

221 posts in this topic

When people abuse you and gaslight you none stop… he has a right to speak up sometimes. We are all here anonymously.  He is putting his face out there. Gets a lot of shit from a lot of people but keeps creating. 

Ideally, this doesn’t happen. But, when it does… I can see it.

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

28 minutes ago, Thought Art said:

When people abuse you and gaslight you none stop… he has a right to speak up sometimes. We are all here anonymously.  He is putting his face out there. Gets a lot of shit from a lot of people but keeps creating. 

It's like also, what forum does he get to go to to openly and candidly discuss what he's dealing with personally? We're not here in the same capacity.

Thread title " What do you guys do when your consciousness website is overrun with dogmatic Buddhists?" posted by user baldy1171

Edited by Devin

2 hours ago, SeaMonster said:

Did you read the thread? Quite a few people here seem to be immune to reason and will defend and rationalize Leo's behavior and appear to have completely swallowed his basic spirituality schema.  If that isn't cult-like behavior, I don't know what is.  

Even the criticisms here basically miss the mark.  The critics are clutching at straws -- their basic take is that Leo's teachings aren't the problem, it's his behavior that is.

Well, no; the two go hand-in-hand.  You can't separate them out.  It's not a "Good Leo, Bad Leo" situation (Leo is good when he just teaches and bad when he lashes out at people.)

Leo's behavior and his teachings are reflections of each other.  Solipsism as a spiritual teaching can only come from someone who has experienced profound inflation (i.e. "cosmic ego.")

According to him "ego IS God."

Why would you expect different behavior from someone who believes that?

2 hours ago, zurew said:

Not all, but some of the people here are defending Leo in a way, where he will always above criticism.  He could do any bad behavior and the same surface level defense and logic could be applied every time by them : "Oh this is the higher counsciousness thing to do", or "maybe it is necessary for him to do these things" and other brain rot things like that and then they could never elaborate why those things are necessary or how him behaving that way is a net benefit.

The other thing people who are in that cult mindset missing here is that, yes their advice about "just leave if it doesn't resonate with you, or if you don't like his behaviour" is good and fine if you are talking to a person 1 on 1, but that doesn't address any of the criticisms made about Leo.  Leo being a content creator and a teacher and the leader of this forum put him in a category where (because he has so much influence, and leverage over people ) he has to take more responsibility for how he behaves and what he says. Because of power the difference, different standards have to be applied.

Also, it would be cool, if the blind defenders would actually engage with the criticism and not take the focus off from the things that are actually being targeted and talked about.

Well some people will always defend something a person says and follow „leaders“ ideas etc blindly, could be Trump, Catholicism, Islam etc. Just comes with the territory i guess.

36 minutes ago, Thought Art said:

36F40DDA-9F5B-4038-960B-BD7D2F1434B0.jpeg

In Tate we trust

@Thought Art

There was nothing remotely close to gaslighting or abuse on the case of the user who the outburst was directed to. Not only that, the user has rarely ever posted. 

So are you then saying it's ok for Leo to take the sum of his frustrations from elsewhere and unload them onto users who had no hand or contribution in building up those frustrations? Doesn't seem very wise to me, as he is so keen on being. 

That is all valid criticism.

Just have in mind that we are critizing the owner of the house that invited us all for dinner for free. And no ordinary food is served but highest insights.

Sometimes the host of such house can behave weirdly. Sometimes he throws people out of the house, sometimes he shouts and insults. But his got a good heart for inviting us all and serving delicious insight for free. :x:ph34r:

In the Vast Expanse everything that arises is Lively Awakened Awareness.

3 hours ago, Jowblob said:

@StormLight  You don't understand his behaviour because you're not conscious enough. Simply said, Leo experiences consciousness from different levels of awareness and he can't be stable at 1 level always. Here's how, imagine you have no thoughts and an empty mind then suddenly out of nowhere you receive thoughts. Exactly, your consciousness level and your will at that moment creates the thought. The more conscious you are the higher consciousness thoughts you receive, so it's not in Leo's control. But you do not understand because you're monkey hahahaha

Oh yeah I'm not conscious enough eh? Not conscious enough to see blatant toxicity and verbal abuse? Hmm yeah sure. Oh, and those bullies back in my highschool were just highly conscious beings trying to teach people awakening. That makes sense, the more bullying = the more awake. 

Don't forget that outburst Leo made was also directed to the forum, that means you too buddy. 

@StormLight He did not @ the op so that’s an assumption you have. 

During that time there were a number of threads of people really criticizing him, calling him arrogant any, confused etc and being hard on him. 

◭"89"

1 minute ago, StormLight said:

Oh yeah I'm not conscious enough eh? Not conscious enough to see blatant toxicity and verbal abuse? Hmm yeah sure. Oh, and those bullies back in my highschool were just highly conscious beings trying to teach people awakening. That makes sense, the more bullying = the more awake. 

Don't forget that outburst Leo made was also directed to the forum, that means you too buddy. 

So what are you trying to say?

Just now, Thought Art said:

@StormLight He did not @ the op so that’s an assumption you have. 

oh my god buddy, dont even, yes it was clearly directed to him

3 minutes ago, StormLight said:

At least not conscious enough to be grateful for Leo’s work and let it go when he gets upset every now and then when a lot of people are being abusive to him. That’s how I perceived it. 

◭"89"

2 minutes ago, StormLight said:

oh my god buddy, dont even, yes it was clearly directed to him

You are right. When he said “Everyone here is a clown” at the opening of his first main paragraph he definitely meant the op. Sorry.

Also, I’m trying to not be sarcastic. Noting this. 

Edited by Thought Art

◭"89"

6 minutes ago, PurpleTree said:

So what are you trying to say?

I don't believe in bullying people into awakening or being mean to people to get the "more awake", I view it as bullying and hurtful intent.

I would never want to bully someone or be harsh with someone into awakening, because it's such delicate venture. 

Most people who are posting and being annoying are just young kids who don't know what theyre talking about, and don't deserve to be talked down to like the way he does. 

Also imagine a therapist bullying their clients into facing and releasing their trauma, calling them stupid and foolish and all that, I mean who would want that? 

Edited by StormLight

2 minutes ago, Thought Art said:

You are right. When he said “Everyone here is a clown” at the opening of his first main paragraph he definitely meant the op. Sorry.

Also, I’m trying to not be sarcastic. Noting this. 

Well i think he also sees all as “one“ so it‘s also directed at himself omg 

Ever heard of Zen masters slapping students with a stick?

That's somewhat the online equivalent.

Not justifying unconscious behavior though. The "slapping" could perhaps have been made more strategically and less insulting.

Edited by UnbornTao

Honestly this is overblown. 

You don’t need to awaken. No one is bullying you to do anything. 

Just stop thinking that Buddhism or meditation is the same as what he is speaking about when he says awakening. 

Yeah, and God forbid you see how harsh Zen masters could be. 

Not saying his behaviour was right. Just saying it was directed towards the forum as a whole and I think your over reacting. That is my opinion. 

I think Leo has an imperfect character. I also don’t know him. But, overall is okay. 

Instead of getting butthurt, and playing victim like your doing… 

Read what he said a few times. He is saying something important and profound. 

Awakening isn’t what these people who are into Buddhism think when Leo says awakening. You think you understand God Realization and Awakening? If you did you would read Leo’s response differently. From that perspective you realize that most humans are chimps. It’s small, mild sauce. Leo is downing the wasabi. 

Edited by Thought Art

◭"89"

14 minutes ago, Thought Art said:

At least not conscious enough to be grateful for Leo’s work and let it go when he gets upset every now and then when a lot of people are being abusive to him. That’s how I perceived it. 

The amount of toxicity and damage I've received from his work has been significant, far outweighing the benefits. I'm grateful to be calling him out, I used to be a avid follower of his. 

6 minutes ago, Thought Art said:

Honestly this is overblown. 

You don’t need to awaken. No one is bullying you to do anything. 

Just stop thinking that Buddhism or meditation is the same as what he is speaking about when he says awakening. 

Yeah, and God forbid you see how harsh Zen masters could be. 

it's not overblown, he was being overblown, and violated his own guidelines, as a moderator shouldn't you do something about that? 

I think there's a fine line bewtween abuse and discipline, I would be openly ciritcal of zen masters if I could see some of theyre behaviors

You seem to easily dismiss blatant verbal toxicity that's against the forum rules

Edited by StormLight

@StormLight So what is your point in this? To wake Leo up? To try to understand his reasoning? To save the cult followers?

I think it's the to save the followers, where should they go instead? 

@StormLight I like being told I’m an idiot when it is coming from above. 

If you think any of these finite teachings is Awakening… you are fooling yourself.

Why? Because they are all finite dream stuff. As God you imagine it all. 

Most people calling each other idiots is being done by trolls and fools. 

If your spiritual teacher calls you an idiot … maybe say thank you? Idk.

He doesn’t do it all the time. 

it’s cool we see it differently. 

Edited by Thought Art

◭"89"