StormLight

Leo's worst outburst yet

221 posts in this topic

@ZenAlex

I like many aspects of Buddhism actually, but I was just commenting on the issue in this thread, there is a lot of Buddhism and Advaita thrown around on this forum like it's the ultimate level. Leo is coarse communicating on here, but a common thread I've always seen is don't just follow teachings. Essentially, there is your own path.

Edited by Devin

13 minutes ago, supremeyingyang said:

...and the thread goes Offtopic.

What do you reply to the original criticism, @Leo Gura?

I think it's valid as Leo gets extremely triggered over Buddhism.   Maybe because he feels it is the biggest obstacle to awakening for most of his audience and it is maddening for him.  But it's not Buddhism in itself it is people taking it on (as with any religion) as a belief.   And this does not excuse and is independent of the behavior.

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

4 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

I think it's valid as Leo gets extremely triggered over Buddhism.   Maybe because he feels it is the biggest obstacle to awakening for most of his audience and it is maddening for him.   But this does not excuse and is independent of the behavior.

Does Leo have a video on his criticisms on Advaita?

In Tate we trust

The burden of proof is a serious classic and where the mob turns to pitchforks. 

This place is not here to entertain people. Like how much glee does a pathetic ego need for his self-ammusement.

This is legit the ape shit.

Edited by ValiantSalvatore

2 minutes ago, StarStruck said:

Does Leo have a video on his criticisms on Advaita?

Not that I know of - he's always talked good about Buddhism and Advaita in the episodes.  Of course pointing out limitations, but in general it has been positive - Just as he talks good about meditation but then at times shit on it on the forum.   Maybe he will have one in the future.

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

1 minute ago, Inliytened1 said:

Not that I know of - he's always talked good about Buddhism and Advaita in the episodes.  Just as he talks good about meditation but then at times shit on it on the forum.   

To me it is not clear what his major criticism is on Advaita. Usually he shits on Advaita without explaining anything. 

In Tate we trust

@Leo Gura I have had this realization/awakening on lsd after 3 trips when i was selfless, i didnt need 100trips to realize what you've said. But i like this style of teaching, it's 100% better then you posting 1 sentence or couple of words. I think you should keep it up with these long text of good information thanks

ONLY LEO IS AWAKE

@StormLight  You don't understand his behaviour because you're not conscious enough. Simply said, Leo experiences consciousness from different levels of awareness and he can't be stable at 1 level always. Here's how, imagine you have no thoughts and an empty mind then suddenly out of nowhere you receive thoughts. Exactly, your consciousness level and your will at that moment creates the thought. The more conscious you are the higher consciousness thoughts you receive, so it's not in Leo's control. But you do not understand because you're monkey hahahaha

Edited by Jowblob

ONLY LEO IS AWAKE

Yeah, totally only a 13/30 on the narcissism scale (below average.) Completely normal behavior. Not a shred of grandiosity there at all.

Just "Leo being Leo."

Yup - totally not a cult.

4 minutes ago, SeaMonster said:

Yeah, totally only a 13/30 on the narcissism scale (below average.) Completely normal behavior. Not a shred of grandiosity there at all.

Just "Leo being Leo."

Yup - totally not a cult.

How is it a cult when people criticise leo here. Aren‘t cult followers following blindly?

Anywho ?

The assumption is that hes expressing anger, its hard to see that hes not. 

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

2 minutes ago, PurpleTree said:

How is it a cult when people criticise leo here. Aren‘t cult followers following blindly?

Did you read the thread? Quite a few people here seem to be immune to reason and will defend and rationalize Leo's behavior and appear to have completely swallowed his basic spirituality schema.  If that isn't cult-like behavior, I don't know what is.  

Even the criticisms here basically miss the mark.  The critics are clutching at straws -- their basic take is that Leo's teachings aren't the problem, it's his behavior that is.

Well, no; the two go hand-in-hand.  You can't separate them out.  It's not a "Good Leo, Bad Leo" situation (Leo is good when he just teaches and bad when he lashes out at people.)

Leo's behavior and his teachings are reflections of each other.  Solipsism as a spiritual teaching can only come from someone who has experienced profound inflation (i.e. "cosmic ego.")

According to him "ego IS God."

Why would you expect different behavior from someone who believes that?

28 minutes ago, PurpleTree said:

Not all, but some of the people here are defending Leo in a way, where he will always above criticism.  He could do any bad behavior and the same surface level defense and logic could be applied every time by them : "Oh this is the higher counsciousness thing to do", or "maybe it is necessary for him to do these things" and other brain rot things like that and then they could never elaborate why those things are necessary or how him behaving that way is a net benefit.

The other thing people who are in that cult mindset missing here is that, yes their advice about "just leave if it doesn't resonate with you, or if you don't like his behaviour" is good and fine if you are talking to a person 1 on 1, but that doesn't address any of the criticisms made about Leo.  Leo being a content creator and a teacher and the leader of this forum put him in a category where (because he has so much influence, and leverage over people ) he has to take more responsibility for how he behaves and what he says. Because of power the difference, different standards have to be applied.

Also, it would be cool, if the blind defenders would actually engage with the criticism and not take the focus off from the things that are actually being targeted and talked about.

Edited by zurew

29 minutes ago, SeaMonster said:

Solipsism as a spiritual teaching can only come from someone who has experienced profound inflation (i.e. "cosmic ego.")

That's perhaps the traditional definition of solipsism, where the ego is all there is or the person is all there is and everything else is within the person's mind.  But its not how it's taught here.    Here it means that You are not the person or the ego - that this is an illusion.   You are Infinite Consciousness.  Both self/other is a duality that collapses.  Self as in the person you think you are, and other, are both imagined by infinite consciousness.  There are no multiple consciousnesses.  There is but One and this One can provide the appearance of many by creating the duality of self/other.   That is what is taught here.  Besides the video itself was taken down probably because it would be misconstrued or misunderstood.   Personally I don't feel the need to even use the word Solipsism but it's not a problem if you grasp what we mean by it here.

So no - he hasn't really put out much content of late so when we say the teachings are solid we are really saying up to this point.  He could make some crazy off the wall episode tomorrow and I could change my mind.  But for now I can say that I have validated enough of the facets for myself (including the aloneness one) to say they are solid in opinion.    As for being a cult - just because you have a guy that may be unstable from the overuse of psychedelics who has manic outbursts-  isn't enough for a cult.   Plus, If it were a cult we wouldn't be telling you to think for yourself or not take anything on faith.  We tell you to do the practices.   The forum is just a place to shoot the shit really.  You don't even need to like Leo to get value from the videos.  You don't even have to log in here at all.

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

Can we be honest here and admit that "take the teachings and leave the teacher" is pretty much a cult tenet?

Why would you take the teachings? How do you know the teachings are "right"?

Simply because they're out there? Because Leo says so? Because he's a charismatic YT content creator and that somehow lends credibility to the teachings?

2 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

That's perhaps the traditional definition of solipsism, where the ego is all there is or the person is all there is and everything else is within the person's mind.  But its not how it's taught here.    Here it means that You are not the person or the ego - that this is an illusion.   You are Infinite Consciousness.  Both self/other is a duality that collapses.  Self as in the person you think you are, and other, are both imagined by infinite consciousness.  There are no multiple consciousnesses. 

Well, firstly, Leo does not get to redefine terms, he does not get to have his own private English vocabulary.

Secondly - that definition is pretty much standard Advaita Nonduality.

Or if not - please tell me how it's different.

Thirdly - wrong.  He DOES NOT say what you're saying he's saying.  That is your comforting interpretation of what he is saying.

He claims unique spiritual knowledge which transcends traditional spiritual teachings (it's right there in that outburst.)

So, you can't claim that this is in essence standard advaita/panentheism.

14 minutes ago, SeaMonster said:

Can we be honest here and admit that "take the teachings and leave the teacher" is pretty much a cult tenet?

If you stumbled onto some spiritual stuff and you've been an atheist your whole life but are open minded- maybe you are curious?  Maybe you might wanna see what they are all about and then do the spiritual practices?   Why would you call that a cult?   I'm talking about the metaphysical content which is fundamentally no different than any content out there.  Do you call Peter Ralstons books cultish?  Or Rupert Spiras videos cultish?  Or Adyashantis stuff?  What's different here in terms of the metaphysical material?

14 minutes ago, SeaMonster said:

Secondly - that definition is pretty much standard Advaita Nonduality.

Or if not - please tell me how it's different.

Thirdly - wrong.  He DOES NOT say what you're saying he's saying.  That is your comforting interpretation of what he is saying.

Exactly.   If you look closely enough you will see that the premise of there not being multiple consciousnesses is pointed to by sages that have come before..it's not really new.  

It is different than what Spira teaches but I can tell you from direct experience that Spira is wrong.  He teaches that there are multiple consciousnesses separate from each other.  

Yes this is exactly what Leo means you are just not understanding the core teaching.  Which is part of the problem with using this word but again that video was pulled.   

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

6 hours ago, r0ckyreed said:

Lol! This post just confirms what Leo was talking about. You ain’t awake! This wasn’t an outburst, it was a tough love wake-up call. If you can’t see that Leo is you telling you to wake up, then I don’t know what else could wake yo ass up. I do think he did go overboard but after seeing so much stupidity on this forum, I can’t blame him. I would probably do the same after a while of all that Neo-Buddhist-Advitan BS.

exactly at my level of consciousness and the things @leo did for me , consciousness wise. His posts are obvious teachings and straight to the point, nothing wrong with that. When  i was in selfless mode which is a form of god mode in the physical it was very obvious who Leo was, he's just an imaginary program that teaches a certain level and if it wasnt for him i wouldn't be at where i am now. There are many teachers like Leo that wake up people at certain consciousness levels/ladder, for example tom campbell is a teacher that takes  dumb materialists and start teaching them about consciousness but in a different way so it would be easier for materialists to understand. If you know about Leo and learned a lot from first meeting him about consciousness  and psychedelics then congrats you're on the next level in consciousness ladder. I also want to add, when i was in selfless mode it was so clear that me as God gave this illusionary tools like LSD to wake me up to certain aspects , it was told that there was no difference between these psychedelic tools like LD and meditation

ONLY LEO IS AWAKE

I was just offering an attempt to try to understand the situation, the OP raises a legitimate concern but the post is targeted as an attack.

""Thanks again to those who have been on good behavior from the beginning and never needed such warnings and reminders. I will also be making an effort to improve my communication with you to rise to the level of maturity, wisdom, and respect that you deserve." https://www.actualized.org/forum/topic/89380-strict-crackdown-on-duplicate-accounts-immaturity/"

This is from the first post, Leo acknowledging he is working on this. This thread should have been a private message to Leo.

Edited by Devin

Why are you all so butthurt?

You dont get to objectivity and absolute truth when you evaluate, being lead by emotions and hurt feeling and personal views/opinions 

If you prefer something over something, you prefer an aspect of reality over an other, which is ok cause its humanly and necessary for survival