Someone here

Best food for raising Testosterone

33 posts in this topic

Doctor Sam Robbins (I like to call him doctor Testosterone because he talks a lot about how to increase Testosterone)..,he Says that raw eggs are the best top food to raise testosterone and what comes with it from gaining more muscle and having high sex drive and so on.. Is that "clinically proven" as he claims? 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

Just the make up of the video should tell you that his claims aren't high quality even if you don't know anything about nutrition. 

I am not a nutritionist but I have found at least a few claims that are complete bs in that video and I am skeptical with the rest. 

Pasture Raised eggs.

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

Eggs contain things that are required for producing and maintaining testosterone levels. It's not like they're a magic pill.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

For me personally I find the "raw" part gross. But from my experience.. Yes , eating BOILED EGGS? increases testosterone at an insane amount but remember this is only possible if matched with other healthy dietary habits such as cutting your sugar intakes,eating more fiber rich foods and not processed foods, drinking sufficient amount of water , etc . Finally, WORK OUT . I promise you guys , your testosterone levels will go up to the moon.

-Osho

What works for me:

Beef medium rare 

Salad

Sea food

Hot pepers 

2 hours ago, Someone here said:

For me personally I find the "raw" part gross. But from my experience.. Yes , eating BOILED EGGS? increases testosterone at an insane amount but remember this is only possible if matched with other healthy dietary habits such as cutting your sugar intakes,eating more fiber rich foods and not processed foods, drinking sufficient amount of water , etc . Finally, WORK OUT . I promise you guys , your testosterone levels will go up to the moon.

White part is gross but yellow part of the egg is delicious. I bake white part of the eggs in the pan and leave the yellow raw. Add a little sea salt and pepper. It will taste amazing. 

In Tate we trust

31 minutes ago, StarStruck said:

What works for me:

Beef medium rare 

Salad

Sea food

Hot pepers 

Works for me as well. Spices and animal products make me feel horny. 

33 minutes ago, StarStruck said:

White part is gross but yellow part of the egg is delicious. I bake white part of the eggs in the pan and leave the yellow raw. Add a little sea salt and pepper. It will taste amazing. 

Will try it. I'm craving raw egg's yolk now. 

1 minute ago, UnbornTao said:

Coffee (caffeine), apparently. Or it may just increase semen production.

https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/testosterone-boosting-food#more-options

Cold showers may help, too.

Can confirm the cold shower thing. I actually massage my balls with ice cubes. It works because the more cool your testicles are the more semen it produces. 

But didn't know about caffeine. 

-Osho

I'm sure there are some substrates inside the egg (e.g. fatty acids, zinc, maybe boron) that serve as substrates for testosterone production in the steroidogenesis pathway. 

But whether we can take that mechanism and spread it apart like he does and say "eggs raise testosterone and make your dick hard" would be a long shot. I don't blame him, stuff like this sells. Considering he has 2mil subs and gets less than 10K views per video shows that any content where he doesn't talk about erection, testosterone and muscle gets no attention, so he is actively incentivised to make stuff like this up to get more subs even tho most of his subs are inactive. 

Ok, here is the deal with testosterone. 

If you are a healthy young male, your body is keeping your testo at an optimal dosage that is appropriate for your individual biology, for your age and your environment. Believe it or not, the role of testosterone is not to make you muscular but to stimulate the production of sperm more than anything else. There is little benefit for the levels to be excessively high. In fact, extremely high testosterone levels might be associated with prostate cancer risk especially where conversion to DHT is very effective. 

In certain conditions, some man have low testosterone. This is usually because there is a problem somewhere. Liver disease, kidney disease, hormonal disease, diabetes, obesity genetic deformity of the testicles, torsion, undescended testes or even a brain tumour pushing on the hypothalamus or a pituitary is a possibility. 

Anything that increases free testosterone (e.g. exercise, certain foods) only do so transiently, meaning short time. Just like when you eat, your blood sugar goes up, your insulin goes up and then both go down. We could say "eating raises blood sugar" which is true the but it does not automatically raise your long-term blood sugar. This is what anti-carb community uses as a main argument all the time even tho it is idiotic. ..

back to the topic tho...

So you should still focus on exercise, sleep and a balanced diet to have your healthy optimal levels. But just trust in the biology of your body and that it is doing all of this for you. The recent elimination of smoking that you did @Someone here probably did 10 times more for your testosterone than any raw eggs ever could :)

Make sure not to get caught in nonsense these guys are spewing, thinking you need to chug 10 raw eggs in the morning to be a man. These guys are just shady salesmen profiting on the insecurity of young men. Don't give him pleasure of actively subscribing into this broscience ideology. 

BTW there is not one clinical trial proving what he says is true. Not a single one 

Edited by Michael569

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

@Michael569 But I can confirm that when I eat boiled eggs it makes me feel a rush of masculinity through my veins. Why is that? Are you saying There is no single food that is best for boosting testosterone levels? 

some nutrients and foods have been shown to have a positive effect on testosterone production and regulation. These include:

Zinc-rich foods: Oysters, beef, And yes.. Eggs! 

Healthy fats:, such as avocado, nuts, and eggs again. 

Vitamin D: Foods rich in vitamin D, such as fatty fish, eggs. 

I know It's important to have  a balanced and varied diet. It is the key to overall health and well-being, but I did some research on the topic and yes, some single foods or nutrient can be relied upon to boost testosterone levels. 

-Osho

4 minutes ago, Someone here said:

But I can confirm that when I eat boiled eggs it makes me feel a rush of masculinity through my veins. Why is that

of course a food can make you feel better temporarily but that could be down to numerous factors.

Eating a food that you like and that tastes good causes a release of dopamine and serotonin in the brain. Sure you can translate this as "wave of masculinity" but that's probably just a natural response to something you enjoy. It makes you feel good. That's why we pursue the things we do because they make us feel good. 

Foods can have all sorts of secondary effects but it doesn't;t mean they cause permanent alterations (with the exceptions of some that do such as red meat possibly causing irreversible changes to the vascular system)_ 

Some herbs, like astragalus or Rhodiola can cause adrenals to release epinephrine short-term, which make you feel better, for a short time and then the levels get rebalanced and you are back on ground zero 

Coffee causes some dopamine release and blocks adenosine receptors - that makes you feel better. Doesn't mean it is making you stronger, just triggers some release of a few molecules for a short time. After couple hours, that feeling goes away. 

Some plants may cause a short-term vasodilation through nitric oxide buildup but it doesn't mean they somehow suddenly increase athletic performance by 30%

It's just all this mechanistic translation into long-term outcomes that I have issues with. 

4 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Are you saying There is no single food that is best for boosting testosterone levels? 

the word "boosting" indicates that you can just take a shot of something like drinking a potion in MMORPG and just get +20% buff in a given biomarker. It doesn't work that way.

Androgenic hormones are tightly controlled by the hypothalamus-pituitary-gonadal axis. If you inject yourself with hormones, the natural production will go down to rebalance itself. If it gets too low, the pituitary will send a signal into your testicles to make more. This is happening thousands of times per day without your input. 

It's not a system you can affect as easily without taking synthetic hormones. Again, we are talking long-term, not short term variations. 

9 minutes ago, Someone here said:

some nutrients and foods have been shown to have a positive effect on testosterone production and regulation. These include:

Zinc-rich foods: Oysters, beef, And yes.. Eggs! 

Healthy fats:, such as avocado, nuts, and eggs again. 

Vitamin D: Foods rich in vitamin D, such as fatty fish, eggs

Sure, if you get deficient in these it may have negative effects. But what we mean is once you have healthy levels, taking more of any of these doesn't do anything. If your optimal testosterone levels are 650 nanograms per deciliter then this is where you will be most of the time and eating more oysters is not going to make you permanently go to 750. 

Whenever someone says "has been shown" ask them "where, can you show me?" 

I would discourage you from seeking superfoods - like the one thing that is the best , the greatest the most masculine & dick-hardening food and just focus on eating a variety of all sorts of foods. Making sure you are not hypocaloric is going to provide more benefit than macrodosing a single food nutrient. 

By the way, this is a bit off-topic but in the epidemiology, when long-term data is accounted for, omnivores, vegetarians and vegans have mostly the same levels of testosterone regardless of their diets. People who eat the most soy have the same levels as those who eat the most steak, on average, statistically speaking. Or if there are variations, they are tiny and statistically non-significant. 

But this reality is boring, so quacks will say stuff like "eat eggs to boost your hormones" because that's what insecure gym bros love and that's what sells. You can sell books, seminars and supplements by convincing people that what you say is true even if it isn't. 

The final topic I'll make is - always look out for the long-term effects of something that is claimed to cause rapid improvement. Heroine causes rapid dopamine increase but in the long term can give you dementia and cardiac arrest. 

Anything that rapidly changes the homeostatic balance of biological biomarkers is either toxic or a pharmaceutical grade stuff. 

I'll leave it at that 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

@Michael569 thanks for the info mate. 

I want to just make a note that Unfortunately, nowadays our diet is strongly based on  types of food that basically work and mimic estrogen in the body like all the soy and all the sugar. This is one of the reasons why there is a real low testosterone epidemic in modern humans.

Thanks again. 

-Osho

@Someone here oh god nooo don't subscribe to the "soy kills your testosterone" nonsense dude, cmon we had this conversation ??Ok, no seriously you're totally safe eating soy products. 

Who says there is an epidemic? If so many men are borderline infertile why do we see a boom in population growth? 

You know what I think there is an epidemic of?
Lying shits on the internet who sell fake problems and selling fake solutions to this (which pretty much defines 3/4 of the influencers in the fitness industry preying on the insecurity and inexperience of guys who get most of their life exposure through their digital devices and are disconnected from reality ) 

The minds of young have been corrupted to such a degree that they are willing to give themselves cancer as long as they can get a six pack now and have an illusion of attractiveness and masulinity 

EDIT: btw nothing here is personal bruh, this is more of a rant of mine :)

Edited by Michael569

53 minutes ago, Michael569 said:

@Someone here oh god nooo don't subscribe to the "soy kills your testosterone" nonsense dude, cmon we had this conversation ??Ok, no seriously you're totally safe eating soy products. 

Who says there is an epidemic? If so many men are borderline infertile why do we see a boom in population growth? 

You know what I think there is an epidemic of?
Lying shits on the internet who sell fake problems and selling fake solutions to this (which pretty much defines 3/4 of the influencers in the fitness industry preying on the insecurity and inexperience of guys who get most of their life exposure through their digital devices and are disconnected from reality ) 

The minds of young have been corrupted to such a degree that they are willing to give themselves cancer as long as they can get a six pack now and have an illusion of attractiveness and masulinity 

EDIT: btw nothing here is personal bruh, this is more of a rant of mine :)

Don't worry. Rant all ya want xD

I honestly rely on quick Google searches for these kind of informations.  The education system in my country regarding nutrition sucks.

Through a quick Google search..  I found tat that soy has phytoesteogens, literally meaning “plant estrogen”. 

Some research shows that regularly eating soy products like edamame, tofu, soy milk and miso actually ause a drop in testosterone levels.

Now, this is all based on uncle Google. I don't know from where should I get my information.. How to trust any source of knowledge.? Why should I trust you for example? Now, this take us into epistemology.. But that's me being a smart arse.. And that is a Lil bit off topic lol. 

-Osho

3 hours ago, Someone here said:

Now, this is all based on uncle Google. I don't know from where should I get my information.. How to trust any source of knowledge.? Why should I trust you for example?

:D haha good point ! You shouldn't :)

11 hours ago, Michael569 said:

Believe it or not, the role of testosterone is not to make you muscular but to stimulate the production of sperm more than anything else.

What do you make of companies like Biohax (https://biohax.com/) who are selling testosterone replacement therapy?

Seems like a waste and possibly just dangerous if you’re anything under middle aged. But perhaps something there for men who are much older, i.e pushing senior citizen age?

I imagine there must be much more to testosterone levels than just semen production. It seems to at least also affect your mental health.

Watch Ergogenic Health, Testosterone is like his whole career. 

Basically limiting toxin exposure, keeping your balls cool, and eating more protein and fat than carbs will get you up there. 

The most effective supplement I've taken for T is Pine Pollen tincture that I set in organic vodka for 6 week, coupled with Nettle Root, not leaf, Nettle Root, for a similar amount of time, this is an Estrogen blocker. I also stack Maca Powder and Ginko Biloba. 

9 hours ago, aurum said:

What do you make of companies like Biohax (https://biohax.com/) who are selling testosterone replacement therapy?

Not familiar with their work.

At a glance you could say that put a lot of focus on employing beautiful & exotic people to appeal to young audience  which can be a source of a bias as perhaps it would mean excluding more capable but less physically charming employees. The definitely also put a lot of effort into sounding scientific, progressive and cool.  But of course this is nothing new in this industry. If you take their "quiz" it is basically a problem-creating thingy that convinces you that you are sick and you will conveniently be sent solution to you email. The questions they are asking are a bit random but I can see where this is heading. The messaging is highly stage orange with a lot of claims that are derived from mechanistic & speculative data.

But from my experience with high-end clinics who focus on similar protocols, the process is as following: 

1. Coming onboard would mean paying thousands of dollars for their clinical assessment services with beautiful doctors and their beautiful nurses and bunch of blood tests that your doctor could run for 4th of the cost or for free if you pay insurance. 
  2. You will have a private consultation with a medical doctor who will of course be bound by Non Disclosure Agreement to not tell you that what they are about to do is not just borderline unethical but also completely useless convincing you that you are in safe hands.
  3. On the top of  that most likely you will receive several functional tests such as Methylation panel, Adrenocortex Metabolomix, Dutch test and Organic Acid tests or Microbiomix possibly partnered by Great Plains or Genova for a neat 25% kickback to the clinic while charging the patient extra. 
    1. And while all of these are cool, fancy, give you beautiful and artistic charts representing urinary biomarkers and masturbate patient's ego, the internal validity of some of these overpriced tests is basically non existent. They are as speculative as sticking a finger into the air and saying "I think I have cancer". Some of them are pretty good tho. 
  4. And then as always, based on your results (which are NEVER 100% good btw) you will be sold on an expensive maintenance protocol which will most likely include a dozen of nootropics, with a clinical markup, supplemental antioxidants, powders and all sorts of advice such as "avoid seed oils, take cold showers & eat more red meat". 
  5. Finally you will be booked for a follow up in 3 months which, if you pay now, will only cost 1000 dollars and include all of these tests once again to see how you compare. 
  6. Make no mistake, it will help you feel better - no doubt about that. As long as they address the basic stuff. But it is possible that could have been achieve for 10th of the cost without all the fluff. 

Maybe not. I am generalising and speculating but based on my experience with high-end clinics such as these in UK, who derive majority of their income from pseudoscientific protocols, overcharging clients 3 times the national standard, selling overpriced tests & supplements with no evidential basis and taking commissions on supplements.

I would assume this is how it goes. I had a client once who told me that the the cost of my 3-month package was less than what he was charged in a premium London clinic at Harley Street for a single test. Do you know what that test was? Organic Acids - basically a pseudoscientific hokum that has absolutely no diagnostic value and all it does is lead to prescription of useless supplements. 

This is how low the industry has sunk. Guess this is why you'll see me endlessly trying to defend evidence-based practice because where we don't do that, we give rise to charlatans and scammers destroying the authenticity of the entire field of nutrition. 

Because in reality we don't know much about longevity when it comes to humans and the certainty of evidence is low so the gaps are filled by marketers rather than researchers. Most of we know comes from rat studies or observing blue zones. And so telling someone that the most effective way for longevity is to eat a Mediterranean diet, control calories, maintain a high muscle and bone density is boring and people won't pay you 8000 dollars for that :D so yah....

TRT has its value in men who are experiencing chronic health problems derived form suppressed testosterone for sure, there is plenty of good data to show that. Peter Attia did a great deep dive into this topic on his Drive Podcast. TRT is not something I would do to gain more muscle as a young dude. 

Edited by Michael569

@Michael569 didn't mean to discredit you. Hope It didn't come off as that by you.

I'm interested in learning about nutrition more. I want to eat and plan my meals better beyond simple calories (which I do right now) In the past I've followed a Paleo diet for times and have found it worked well for me because I enjoy meat and most veggies so didn't have a hard time upping those to reduce my carbohydrate intake.

However, that being said I didn't really know much about the science behind the nutrition. To be clear I'm not looking for someone to recommend diets, I just want to understand the science behind nutrition.

I'm looking for good starting points to take a scientific approach to understanding nutrition and am frankly overwhelmed by the number of options out there.

So, are there any good launching points you recommend? Books, blogs, or videos that would help me understand? I'm mostly a newbie , I hardly know what Is considered real food and what is considered junk food even is so anything is appreciated.

-Osho