Rishabh R

My fellow mates and seniors attacking me for watching Actualized.org

31 posts in this topic

They keep attacking me , telling me not to watch it. They say that see what other people see on the internet. This happened when I was watching the video -Avoidance of truth . How can I continue my self actualisation journey despite so much resistance from society ?

You’ve told them specifically about actualized? To what extent? Having gotten in a few nasty arguments myself over the what is death vid and myth of science series I now tell hardly anyone about this channel. Privacy of this material is ok, you don’t need to share every insight with family and friends or convince them of anything. 

@Rishabh R you must be a  insecure, young boy, who is very group orientated. 

Why Do you need to tell everyone? Why are they afraid, is it against their Religion? 

Edited by OBEler

Why does one need to watch what everyone else does? What originality is there? 

Then you'd be bound to whatever information others consume. Would you read a book just because you were told that many others have read it before? That's basically groupthink and peer pressure.

Consider that at some point there was only one person who consumed the content that then became widely popular.

You can do it on your own.

@Rishabh R  If you don't like the reaction you get from them towards something you find valuable, perhaps just don't tell them about about that thing you value.

Be-Do-Have

Made it out the inner hood

There is no failure, only feedback

34 minutes ago, Michal__ said:

Just dont tell them.

What do you mean by seniors?

Probably high school seniors

If you’re interested in developing Emotional Mastery and feeling more comfortable in your own skin, click the link below to register for my FREE Emotional Mastery Webinar…

Emotionalmastery.org

Ahaha You learn in private

There is no resistance

Tell them you stopped, or just don't mention it again.

Simply say like "Yeah, He is weird I agree" So they shut up. Then focus on growing the deepest possible understanding and mastery you possibly can of life.

In 10 years when you are a successful, enlightened millionaire they will be like "Oh how did you do it?" and you can just laugh 

What the heck does a highschooler know? Not MUCH. Not enough to tell the difference between poison or medicine thats for sure. 

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

Or just stop watching him and go back to being a fool with your friends.

If they saw what people say about him, and not just him... then of course they don't like him.

Leo is threatening to many people. 

You should, in private and with consciousness... 

Learn from every teach you can!

Edited by Thought Art

◭"89"

Don't tell fools your personal development plans.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Sadly there's no use to talk to anyone about this stuff unless you see that they are open minded enough and really into this kind of stuff.

Most people just aren't and never will be. Most teachings from actualized.org seem dangerous and weird to them cause it threatens not just their personal world view but basically the world view of the entire human race. Best case is they will just see it as merely a philosophy or thought experiment so they won't bother.

Edited by Mormegil

39 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Don't tell fools your personal development plans.

This. Stop sharing this kind of stuff with other people, and stop caring what your friends, family, or partners think of it.

It's literally in the name - personal - development.

This is a domain of independence. Society is irrelevant.

hrhrhtewgfegege

Shit smells bad

But, I am so grateful for it

◭"89"

In some gender debate I had over texting with a girl I quoted Leo that not only gender is a concept but also being human. I feel like it was just not to much that she didn't think I was completely insane but kind of "out there" for sure. ?

I constantly think about how to make these higher teachings explainable for other people. It's actually not that bad. If you can't explain it to other people you don't understand the topic yourself and you are fooling yourself.  

Edited by Jannes

@Rishabh R

8 hours ago, Rishabh R said:

They keep attacking me , telling me not to watch it. They say that see what other people see on the internet. This happened when I was watching the video -Avoidance of truth . How can I continue my self actualisation journey despite so much resistance from society ?

Well, hopefully you learn from this situation. There's a good reason why 'Silence is golden' and 'loose lips sinks ships' and 'don't cast pearls before swine': by babbling and talking about Actualized.org teachings to your social circle or family recklessly, without being careful and considering of whether communicating what you learned is right for each person, without knowing and getting the feel for their values system, cognition, morality, states, and their life experiences so far, you risk triggering them to be close minded, and antagonize them unnecessarily towards self help, further alienating them from doing inner work becauseof a strange bald guy's crazy take, especially if Leo Gura is the first introduction to self help and personal development(no offense Leo). By foolishly talking, you make yourself a fool with a target for criticism, trolling and hating. Why? Because most people are okay, and docile by society to just maintain a mediocre lifestyle. Most are okay with that and don't like people pointing out they could be able to do more, and some really love the comfort of a simple, sometimes boring life. Some people aren't like that and decide to pursue a bit more, discover personal development.

Learn to discipline your lups, and persue personal development in private, and if you really have to talk, really know who you're talking too and are in some relationship with, not just a stranger or some coworker, on a name basis or work basis. I mean this is all common sense and indoctrinated into my head to do this at this point, but it's really worth knowing the person you're talking to.

Do you just give your credit card and pin to a stranger, and not expect to get robbed? Yeah, treat Actualized.org like that, be careful next time.

Take care!

I get this, a year ago when I took personal development, meditation, reading, etc. seriously, my friends made fun of it, and about Actualized.org too. 

Now they tell me that they find me inspiring and want to be like me, which does show that this is working. 

lately though, I have been feeling like I am wasting time with meditation, with reading philosophy, with personal development, spirituality, etc. 

I know this is not true, but I still feel useless, like these are not real skills, not real fields. 

and some people who are acquaintances or not friends, still make fun of it.

But I suppose this is part of the journey, let's not let anyone decide what we do with our lives. 

and I am a teenager, and I think you are too, we are influenced more by others around us and their opinions, as much as we try not to, it's part of the phase. 

Thank you for the reply guys by the way @Ayham I am not a teenager ?. I am 22. @Michal__ by seniors I mean college seniors.

Recently as I was walking in my hostel I had an insight - All my struggles will seem insignificant in the future . 

Edited by Rishabh R
Missed

Follow your interests, ignore the rest. The videos are in YouTube for all to see. They will find of they engage in the rigth search. I even forgot how I found the channel, but for sure I was inquiring in the rigth direction. When you look for Truth it eventually finds you.