StarStruck

Carnivore diet is a life changer

42 posts in this topic

For the last year I only eat red meat once a week. Lately I have been eating it three times per day and I have been feeling alive more than ever. It almost makes me feel like a 12 year old again oozing with life energy.

I think some people are just made like a carnivore and some are not. I advise people to eat no red meat for a while and then eat red meat every day and feel the difference. 

In does make a big difference in the physical, emotional and mental for some. 

It is important to be honest about your diet. I think most people are in denial about their vegan diet or another diet not working for them. 

In Tate we trust

Feeling good isn't always an indicator that something is good and working for you. Taking meth will make you feel more alive than you could ever imagine, but obviously it's not healthy for you to do so in the long run. Plus, eating so much meat is bad for the planet.

59 minutes ago, acidgoofy said:

Feeling good isn't always an indicator that something is good and working for you. Taking meth will make you feel more alive than you could ever imagine, but obviously it's not healthy for you to do so in the long run. Plus, eating so much meat is bad for the planet.

Dopamine pleasure is different than higher self pleasure. If you meditate on it you can distinguish ego pleasure versus higher self pleasure. 

Edited by StarStruck

In Tate we trust

Is excessive red meat consumption not linked to a pretty significantly increased risk of cancer?

That's just something I've heard, no idea if it's true. It might be something worth investigating.

5 minutes ago, something_else said:

Is excessive red meat consumption not linked to a pretty significantly increased risk of cancer?

That's just something I've heard, no idea if it's true. It might be something worth investigating.

Yeah. Not dismissing potential benefits in the short term or for treating certain deficiencies. But what would happen to your body if a diet like that is followed for a couple decades? A lot of ugly stuff according to science.

Edited by UnbornTao

6 minutes ago, UnbornTao said:

Yeah. Not dismissing potential benefits in the short term or for treating certain deficiencies. But what would happen if a diet like that is followed for a couple decades? A lot of ugly stuff according to science.

11 minutes ago, something_else said:

Everything has its pro's and its cons. Probably when I'm older like 40+ I will have less need for red meat.

The risk for cancer is for - processed - red meat, fresh cut meats aren't that bad when your young. Its benefits outweigh the costs by a lot.

The funny thing is that there are tons of people saying the exact opposite thing too: vegan diet causes cancer.

Tragicomic thing is that I know zero people who get colon cancer from eating fresh cut meats while I know dozens of people who have gotten colon cancer because of veganism:

Edited by StarStruck

In Tate we trust

46 minutes ago, StarStruck said:

The risk for cancer is for - processed - red meat, fresh cut meats aren't that bad when your young. Its benefits outweigh the costs by a lot.

From some quick googling, it looks like processed meats are worse, but even unprocessed red meats are also supposed to be carcinogens.

However I am somewhat inclined to agree that it might be a worthwhile tradeoff when you are young if the energy benefits are so great. It's kind of tricky to judge.

32 minutes ago, something_else said:

From some quick googling, it looks like processed meats are worse, but even unprocessed red meats are also supposed to be carcinogens.

However I am somewhat inclined to agree that it might be a worthwhile tradeoff when you are young if the energy benefits are so great. It's kind of tricky to judge.

I have a very quick metabolism and a big head. So I need to eat high calorie foods to feed my body and mind. Otherwise I feel malnourished but that it just me. People have different kind of bodies.

In Tate we trust

You are right, the link with processed meat is very strong at this stage and pretty much undisputable. Every systematic review done to date has shown increased RR for bowel cancer. 

With unprocessed red meat the certainty of the evidence is a bit weaker but it still shows increased bowel cancer risk. The latest bit of research was the meta analysis in 2021 showing colorectal cancer (RR = 1.10; 95% CI = 1.03-1.17), colon cancer (RR = 1.17; 95% CI = 1.09-1.25), rectal cancer (RR = 1.22; 95% CI = 1.01-1.4. And this was unprocessed red meat. So pretty unanimously increased risk across the board, more towards distal colon. 

I think at this stage, we need a 2023 update of the review (I hope someone is looking on it) but the way it looks, about every other year we have a new meta-analysis which strengthens the relationship 

To say that unprocessed red meat DOES NOT have any link to colorectal cancer is taking it bit too far because it the opposite seems to be the true.  

2 hours ago, StarStruck said:

Tragicomic thing is that I know zero people who get colon cancer from eating fresh-cut meats while I know dozens of people who have gotten colon cancer because of veganism:

I have no personal bias in saying this as I am not vegan but this is an OUTRAGEOUS claim. Look at this https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/35719615/ 

3.1 million participants pooled into the most epic meta analysis I've ever seen. Specifically comparing plant based vs omnivores and their risk of various gastrointestinal; cancers. Look at the effect size for colon cancer. 

Subgroup analyses demonstrated that the plant-based diets reduced the risk of cancers, especially pancreatic (adjusted RR = 0.71, 95% CI: 0.59-0.86, P < 0.001, I2 = 55.1%, Tau2 = 0.028), colorectal (adjusted RR = 0.76, 95% CI: 0.69-0.83, P < 0.001, I2 = 53.4%, Tau2 = 0.023), rectal (adjusted RR = 0.84, 95% CI: 0.78-0.91, P < 0.001, I2 = 1.6%, Tau2 = 0.00. 

You are looking at 24% reduced risk of colorectal cancer for vegans basically. At a study of this magnitude, whatever negative effect vegan diet has, you would see it ....and well...you don't. 

I mean you can totally find vegans who still get cancer, ofcourse! But all sorts of people get cancers who are at low risk like non-smokers getting lung cancer. But once we look at greater population risk, red meat is a clear risk factor so you gotta weight that out. Also, some people's genetic makeup is just messed up and they unfortunately end up sick regardless of what they do. 

There are two factors which I think are key here: 

There are other risk factors potentially associated with poorly managed vegan diet such as iron deficiency anaemia, pernicious anaemia, osteopenia but colon cancer is definitely not one of them. That's actually one where going vegan is like wearing a freaking power amulet giving you +20 cancer protection. 

DHA & Prostate Cancer 

The video by the doctor you shared is legit and this has actually raised a lot of concerns in the scientific communities. There was one animal trial where DHA was linked to prostate cancer. But once similar data were meta-analysed in humans, the result was non-significant. Meaning DHA shown neither benefit nor harm. Here is the trial. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/33530576/ Basically there was no association. DHA is neither protective against PC nor is it a harmful contributor it seems. 

if you are worried about PC, look into the link with dairy, that one is much stronger. 

Edited by Michael569

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

people like this should be banned form YouTube for promoting eating disorder. This has nothing to do with veganism, this woman is mentally ill and should not be taken as a healthy example

Edited by Michael569

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

2 hours ago, StarStruck said:

The same video could be made with Jordan Peterson in his low moments to show the scary side of the carnivore diet. That video is not a good representation of vegans, I don't see anything wrong with any of them except for the girl, she is clearly very underweight and it looks like she's avoiding calorie containing food and opting for zuccini noodles and eating 100% raw which is not easy to make sustainable.

@Michael569 thanks. When I’m home I will read your article. I eat like 1 kg of fresh cut red meat per week. Do you think that is too much?

Edited by StarStruck

In Tate we trust

1 hour ago, Michael569 said:

people like this should be banned form YouTube for promoting eating disorder. This has nothing to do with veganism, this woman is mentally ill and needs to be treated in psychiatric ward. 

And it talks to your primitive brain. Even though you know this kind of vegan criticism is bs it still has power over you. Just like Andrew Tate ?

1)You have suppressed the FODMAPs, and therefore the intestinal inflammation and/or the production of endotoxins that go with it.

2)You may have been deficient in protein, or just zinc, iron or something like that.

Enough quality protein is needed to produce different neurotransmitters, as well as certain micronutrients.

If you dont understand, you're not twisted enough.

21 minutes ago, StarStruck said:

I eat like 1 kg of fresh cut read meat per wee

To be honest with you, I am not yet clear on where the safety limit is. I think the current red meat recommendations are based on the cardiovascular literature (rather than cancer literature), and I'm yet to dig into that.  The current safe recommendations are 450 grams of unprocessed red meat per week - I'd go below that if you have a family history of cardiovascular disease, stroke or cancer. 

You are young, you have a strong body, your cells are healthy and you are protected by your genes. Right now you can get away with eating anything but the question is "will you one day wish you didn't do what you did when you were young?" I think a lot of people will. This is why we have the evidence. To learn from people who have gone before us, got those diseases and then were recruited by researchers to become a part of the story for younger generations. It comes down to us whether we will listen or ignore them. 

I know people will say shit like "bro the science is corrupted, and this is all healthy user bias", but in all honesty, we would have to assume that all those millions of people included in studies lie and I think most people are honest deep within. 

My opinion is that by focusing on red meat high diet you are just taking away a lot of joy that comes from dietary variety of all the other amazing foods you are leaving out. Have the steak, have the butter, have the sugar. Just don't make it a staple of your diet but see it as a treat. :)

Hope that helps 

P.S. Without wanting to self promote, I recently finished my latest blog exactly on this topic. I tried to be as unbiased as possible so maybe this will be useful for someone. 

2 hours ago, zurew said:

@Michael569 Dude, your consistent high quality contribution to this forum is greatly appreciated! ?

Yeah I feel like Micheal and flowboy are the only obviously self actualized people here as they are experts in their area and always provide value in their nieche. It’s beautiful to see. 

I feel best on carnivore. Cholesterol is bad though.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

I've been following animal-based diet for a while now, where it's still consists of some fruit, honey but mainly meats. And the result is amazing! I have better energy, better sleep, better mood and better mental clarity! 

Honestly, I don't know which diet is the healthiest, but I just want to stick with the things that feel the most right for me. However, one thing everybody would agree upon is that cutting off the processed foods from your diet would definitely be your best move, no matter what diet you follow!

7 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

I feel best on carnivore. Cholesterol is bad though.

How often do you get your blood lipids measured? Do you see a trend there?