Blackbeat

Anyone Bench 200 Ibs?

10 posts in this topic

I also can’t. But I was able to break through some plateaus with long head triceps work. 

I used to be able to bench (220 lbs/100kg) for 5 reps when I trained frequently and hard.

ya, about 10-12  times on a good day. Bu then, my bodyweight is 87 kilos so lifting 90kg (200lbs) is not a huge deal. 

Btw don't measure yourself by how much you can bench compared to other people. Just measure yourself on the amount of progress you made. Don't forget that a lot of strong guys in the gym are on growth hormone, tons of creatine, pre-workouts and are eating an atherogenic diet. The game is not equal anymore.

Not to mention the hideous technique some of them deploy to lift heavy. You have a lot of adepts for joint replacement and spinal surgery, not to mention bowel cancer, kidney disease and stroke in 15-20 years from all red meat they eat. 

It's you against you. Forget everybody else. 

Edited by Michael569

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

https://strengthlevel.com/

I used this to see how well I am doing, I never really compared myself with others mostly with my progress and myself, I could only bench 60kg with 96kg weight it was one of my weakest disciplines. I loved doing squats today getting back doing both! :)

Squatting was about 150-180kg with 3-5-10 reps so no one max-rep, I could have gone to 200 maybe, as one max rep. Squatting was the most fun for me.

I was way to amazed that others could bench stuff. I basically stuck to a 10% rule for everything IIRC. When I could squat 100kg I would use to 10kg plates and go for 120kg and see how much I could do rinse and repeat. Then I got injured two times. So yeah. 

Edited by ValiantSalvatore

I can do 2 reps of 225 now, but a few years ago i gained alot of weight went from 160 to 260 of fat and my strength increased significantly to where i could bench 275 for 4 reps. When i lost all the weight i also lost all my strength, very strange. There seems to be a connection between fat and strength and why power lifters all carry more fat. 

Edited by integral

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

51 minutes ago, integral said:

I can do 2 reps of 225 now, but a few years ago i gained alot of weight went from 160 to 260 of fat and my strength increased significantly to where i could bench 275 for 4 reps. When i lost all the weight i also lost all my strength, very strange. There seems to be a connection between fat and strength and why power lifters all carry more fat. 

Being hypercaloric is anabolic. So if you are fatting up all the time your body never has an incentive to loose muscle, rather build it because it doenst need all that extra fat that much. Many people loose especially chest muscles in a cut which is weird. If you do a normal diet with lots of protein, train smart and don’t go to low with body fat you should be able to maintain most of your gains though..

On 2/19/2023 at 3:46 PM, Blackbeat said:

Because I cannot... yet.

315 in my younger days, now 225 5 reps, max 275 1-2 reps.

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

When i was 19 weighing 148lbs at 5ft10 i could bench 225 like 2x , 176lbs like 8x, 132lbs like 50x or so didn't count.

I could also do dips with my bodyweight + 88lbs dumbell under my legs like 10x. Like 20 pull ups.

But i wouldn't want to go back to that age, because even though it is only 9 years ago i feel like i didn't know anything back then and consciousness was a lot lower

Edited by Jowblob

ONLY LEO IS AWAKE

15 hours ago, Jowblob said:

When i was 19 weighing 148lbs at 5ft10 i could bench 225 like 2x , 176lbs like 8x, 132lbs like 50x or so didn't count.

I could also do dips with my bodyweight + 88lbs dumbell under my legs like 10x. Like 20 pull ups.

Thats some super elite level shit. You could have probably easily won in multiple powerlifting competitions. That level of strength compared to your bodyweight is insane.

My proudest moment was, when I finished doing 1k pullups under about 4 hours, the other one was when I did 2k+ pushups in like 2 hours (both time weighting around 73kg/about 160lbs).

Edited by zurew