F A B

Isn't life purpose overrated?

12 posts in this topic

I see so many guys wrapping their heads around life purpose.

I'm 24 and never had a clear idea of what to do, however, I chose both my bachelor's (Economics) and my master's (Data Analytics) quite easily. I just "went with the flow" and chose without any effort and without that much wondering I see around. Now I have a well-paid 9 to 5 job and I'm happy with it. No desire to run my own company or whatever.

Maybe I'm just lucky and I cannot understand them.

Life purpose can be something much more general and connected rather to the energy that you want to send out into the world.

It is not a career choice. Maybe your purpose is to be and share "going with the flow" or sth similiar. Cheers.

In the Vast Expanse everything that arises is Lively Awakened Awareness.

Life Purpose doesn't mean running your own company.

It means living true to your values.

@F A B And you're happy doing that until you're 70?

Basically doing what you're told 40 hours a week, that is what your life will be about?

Maybe have some fun in the 3-5 weeks of vacation you're allowed per year?

I would rather die than do as I'm told for most of my life, because I have a desire for a profound life and a unique expression of myself.

But that's just me :S

Learn to resolve trauma. Together.

Testimonials thread: www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82672-experience-collection-childhood-aware-life-purpose-coaching/

On 19/02/2023 at 10:22 AM, F A B said:

I see so many guys wrapping their heads around life purpose.

I'm 24 and never had a clear idea of what to do, however, I chose both my bachelor's (Economics) and my master's (Data Analytics) quite easily. I just "went with the flow" and chose without any effort and without that much wondering I see around. Now I have a well-paid 9 to 5 job and I'm happy with it. No desire to run my own company or whatever.

Maybe I'm just lucky and I cannot understand them.

@F A B Its the difference between having a career and having a life calling, imo.

I see life becoming a work of art with a life calling.

Maybe you could compare it with your choice of relationship partner. One may choose to have a relationship with the nice girl from work who they share some interests with. Or one may choose to have a relationship with their soulmate.

Be-Do-Have

Made it out the inner hood

There is no failure, only feedback

On 2/19/2023 at 4:22 AM, F A B said:

I chose both my bachelor's (Economics) and my master's (Data Analytics) quite easily. I just "went with the flow" and chose without any effort and without that much wondering I see around. Now I have a well-paid 9 to 5 job and I'm happy with it.

I mean it sounds like you did find your life purpose. A life purpose doesn't always have to be this grand thing that is larger than life. Sometimes its finding something you enjoy, finding a sustainable job regarding that, and having time and energy to spend on other things you find fulfilling like quality relationships, hobbies, travels etc. It doesn't have to look like starting your own business for you personally. Some might feel stifled by the life you explained in your original post while other people might envy it and think it's perfect for them. It all relative. There isn't a wrong way of going about a life purpose so long as its coming from a healthy place and isn't harmful to you or others. 

I have faith in the person I am becoming xD

https://www.theupwardspiral.blog/

I'm almost in the same position as you, change economics for international trade and we are the same. I enjoy the corporate world but I don't plan creating a business probably due to my financial conservatism. Recently two weeks ago I think I discovered my life purpose. I realized that I am a simple person in a good way, I do not have great material aspirations in life or desire to have fame, therefore my purpose had to be modest. My purpose now is to live according to my values which I'm still redifining and try to be an example of these for the people around me. So right now having a job which can potentially have a huge positive impact on the world is a desirable but not an obligation for me anymore, I'm happy if at least my work does not contribute negatively to society. 

There's no such thing really as a life purpose, you have a purpose once you become useful to something other than yourself, and that can be in many different ways.

Knowing people have different ways about living life. Perhaps for you, you don't seek meaning out of life, and that is okay too.

I remember taking a myers brigg personality type test, and I came out as INFJ, and they said this personality type seeks a deeper meaning to their life. And, I thought huh? I thought everyone is like that, but not I guess not..? EVERYONE MAY BE DIFFERENT.

Or maybe you seek meaning in a different way that the "life purpose" maybe for you it is seeking meaningful bonds with others or contributing to society in ordinary ways like volunteering.