ValiantSalvatore

Sexism Test - Eliminating Bias

199 posts in this topic

I've finally tried the test. It's too simplistic and naive. Seems like a random magazine test.

45635346356534.jpg

Inquire in the now.

Feeling is the truest knowing ?️

12 hours ago, Emerald said:

Why is what they said refreshing to you? And how does it relate to the thread about suffering animals?

The way I’m potentially interpreting it is that you’re saying it’s refreshing to ignore practical issues by interjecting non-dual truisms.

or potentially…

That you’re critiquing this post by saying that turning a blind eye animals’ suffering based on the non-dual truth that “everyone is already equal” is not a good idea. And calling it refreshing was sarcasm.

I like it when someone makes a sincere metaphysical interjection into conversations like these with all the shit slinging.

Not to ignore, but to keep them in perspective, and not just for personal happiness but also because that's the only way you're actually going to open your 'opponent's' eyes. It's what Jesus, MLK, Ghandi all did, you have to love and accept, integrate, truly embody, and see the beauty in your 'opponent's position', appreciate it. Otherwise you're just creating another type of 'suffering', not actually breaking the cycle, you're hating your 'opponent' for not loving you, love thy enemy.

As far as the animals suffering, it's okay to want to move past that societally, but it's 'bypassing' to use your word to not accept and appreciate the beauty of it, yes I said beauty.

Edited by Devin

I guess I'm fairly sexist, but equally for both sexes, does that make me not sexist? 

For real though, these tests are stupid because the questions are not clear enough about what they ask. For almost every answer I could easily interpret each question in various ways and come to opposite answers based on which interpretation they meant.

Also, I really don't like the idea of being factual being considered sexist. There's a lot of data and studies behind some of these things and trying to homogenize the sexes and treat them as identical when they're just not, is already bad, but to then call people who stick to the current evidence in any way sexist, is just asking for societal trouble and it's giving conservatives way too many reasons not to grow into stage green and to demonize the left.

In the future, people will look back and see those who were actually sexist as unconscious victims who lacked development/whatever else, and needed education, support and love. Not as evil-doers who actually know everyone is equal (or according to this test, identical), but refuse to not be selfish and decide to be sexist anyway. Sexism is usually not a decision.

On 2/21/2023 at 10:21 AM, Emerald said:

Maybe in some cases… but I suspect not by a greater margin than men.

Women tend to be very well acquainted with the problems of benevolent sexism because they come with an underlying assumption of incapability.

I think its hard to see things clearly from the opposite gender, I gave my gf the test. But she grew up in a korean blue culture, arranged marriages and the like, it makes sense theres going to be bais. 

Untitled.png

Edited by integral

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

50 minutes ago, integral said:

I think its hard to see things clearly from the opposite gender, I gave my gf the test. But she grew up in a korean blue culture, arranged marriages and the like, it makes sense theres going to be bais. 

Untitled.png

That makes sense if gender norms are adhered to strongly there and it’s very stage Blue.

But I would suspect that most Orange society women would be weary about benevolent sexism.

If you’re interested in developing Emotional Mastery and feeling more comfortable in your own skin, click the link below to register for my FREE Emotional Mastery Webinar…

Emotionalmastery.org

56 minutes ago, SharingKnowledge said:

In the future, people will look back and see those who were actually sexist as unconscious victims who lacked development/whatever else, and needed education, support and love. Not as evil-doers who actually know everyone is equal (or according to this test, identical), but refuse to not be selfish and decide to be sexist anyway. Sexism is usually not a decision.

I totally agree. It just comes from a mixture of a lack of understanding and unhelpful coping mechanisms that project negative things onto the group of others.

If you’re interested in developing Emotional Mastery and feeling more comfortable in your own skin, click the link below to register for my FREE Emotional Mastery Webinar…

Emotionalmastery.org

45% hostile, 0% benevolent

More than i expected, honestly. Some of the people I respect the most in this world are women, like Moira Beckett (she is a writing genius).

It's a garbage test.

For instance:

"Women exaggerate their problems in society."

If I'm of the opinion that everyone exaggerates their problems in society - both men and women - I would have to answer logically with yes, and it will be ranked as hostile sexist despite neutrality.

Such a question - and many others - should be worded "Women exaggerate their problems MORE than men." to have any approach at validity, and even then it's flawed.

And that was just one problem out of many. It goes without saying that most questions are obviously too generalised.

By the way, if anyone here genuinely thinks 0% is the correct thing, I'd be fascinated to hear why. True 0% genuinely means - by extension - that men and women have exactly the same capabilities, values, tendencies, everything. is that really your opinion?

Edited by Display_Name

1 hour ago, Display_Name said:

It's a garbage test.

For instance:

If I'm of the opinion that everyone exaggerates their problems in society - both men and women - I would have to answer logically with yes, and it will be ranked as hostile sexist despite neutrality.

Such a question - and many others - should be worded "Women exaggerate their problems MORE than men." to have any approach at validity, and even then it's flawed.

And that was just one problem out of many. It goes without saying that most questions are obviously too generalised.

By the way, if anyone here genuinely thinks 0% is the correct thing, I'd be fascinated to hear why. True 0% genuinely means - by extension - that men and women have exactly the same capabilities, values, tendencies, everything. is that really your opinion?

How long did it take you to meet and understand everyone?

It's a bias. What fraction of people have you encountered even including seeing them on tv or reading an article? 1%?

1% is 80 million people by the way.

Edited by Devin

5 hours ago, Display_Name said:

It's a garbage test.

For instance:

Yes, it's the most random and casual type of test. Not really worth it.

Inquire in the now.

Feeling is the truest knowing ?️

19 hours ago, Devin said:

How long did it take you to meet and understand everyone?

It's a bias. What fraction of people have you encountered even including seeing them on tv or reading an article? 1%?

1% is 80 million people by the way.

Are you critiquing my hypothetical opinion, or are you critiquing the test whose every question relies on such generalisations?

Edited by Display_Name

1 hour ago, Display_Name said:

Are you critiquing my hypothetical opinion, or are you critiquing the test whose every question relies on such generalisations?

The test doesn't rely on generalizations, I was saying you're wrong, it is in fact bias, you don't know even half a percent of the population so you couldn't possibly know that "everyone exaggerates their problems" it's a belief biased from your limited experience even including studies and statistics you've read, it's still a bias.

2 hours ago, Devin said:

The test doesn't rely on generalizations, I was saying you're wrong, it is in fact bias, you don't know even half a percent of the population so you couldn't possibly know that "everyone exaggerates their problems" it's a belief biased from your limited experience even including studies and statistics you've read, it's still a bias.

1. Why are you critiquing a hypothetical opinion made for the point of an argument and conflating it with me? Maybe english isn't your first language but the wording "If I'm of the opinion...then I would have to.." signifies a hypothetical scenario to make a certain point that doesn't necessarily reflect my actual opinion. Ironically, you're the one that's fabricated a false belief about me.

2. How can you possibly say the test does not rely on generalisations?

If every question is structured "Women do / are xyz": If you answer yes, that's a generalisation. If you answer no, that's also a generalisation. Notice how the very act of answering is itself an act of generalisation and categorising. 

I don't think you've really thought this through.

Edited by Display_Name

2 hours ago, Display_Name said:

1. Why are you critiquing a hypothetical opinion made for the point of an argument and conflating it with me? Maybe english isn't your first language but the wording "If I'm of the opinion...then I would have to.." signifies a hypothetical scenario to make a certain point that doesn't necessarily reflect my actual opinion. Ironically, you're the one that's fabricated a false belief about me.

2. How can you possibly say the test does not rely on generalisations?

If every question is structured "Women do / are xyz": If you answer yes, that's a generalisation. If you answer no, that's also a generalisation. Notice how the very act of answering is itself an act of generalisation and categorising. 

I don't think you've really thought this through.

I'm saying that "hypothetical opinion" is biased, you being "biased to all" does not make it not biased.

Only the yes answers to    " "Women do / are xyz": "  are generalizations, the only non generalized yes answer would be is a woman a woman (the definition of a woman).

And any bias at least shows a proclivity toward bias, and to the point about sexism, this is a 22 question test called " sexism toward women", it's not like it's a random question on the SAT. Short tests are short for a reason, short questions get more test completion. It's obviously just a coarse measurement.

Edited by Devin

5 hours ago, Devin said:

I'm saying that "hypothetical opinion" is biased, you being "biased to all" does not make it not biased.

You don't understand what a hypothetical opinion is and still seem to be conflating it with my actual views for whatever reason. 

I'll spell it out clearly for you: I do not think that everyone exaggerates their problems in society, nor have I ever thought that, and such a view is obviously ridiculous. Clear?

The rest of your comment was pretty unintelligible except for the part where you agree that it's not an accurate test.

And you're wrong. "No" answers to those questions are also generalisations as soon as there's atleast one woman out there that does do xyz. You have your own bias with affirmation vs negation. Look, the generalisation is in the question, not the answer. "Women." vs "This specific woman" = generalisation. There simply is no right answer to that question, as some women may and some women may not do xyz. 

We can discuss biases though. It's an interesting topic: I'm pretty curious now:

If you were in grave life or death physical danger from multiple (4+) attackers, and you had to pick between either 4 men, or 2 men 2 women, or 4 women to help you, who would you pick? I included the mixed team so you can be neutral and don't fall into any bias.

Btw the question thing is such a dumb easy fix too, just change it to "do you believe most women xyz..more/less than men", then we'd be getting somewhere.

Edited by Display_Name

9 minutes ago, Display_Name said:

Btw the question thing is such a dumb easy fix too, just change it to "do you believe most women xyz..more/less than men", then we'd be getting somewhere.

That wouldn't be sexist.

Agreed with statements like 'women are better than men' how the fuck did I get 0%/0% lol

Apply consciousness to the burned area