ValiantSalvatore

Sexism Test - Eliminating Bias

199 posts in this topic

Hello I found this test conducted by two researchers about sexism. Would be cool to see how biased the forum is towards women and women themselves towards women themselves. I wondered at times as my dating results were not very great. And been still pretty eye-opening and a great learning experience, how well I'd fare on a Mysogyny test, I found this.

https://www.idrlabs.com/ambivalent-sexism/test.php

• Scored 0% on hostile feminism.
  • And 6% on benevolent feminism. 

What insight helped you the most for eliminating bias and hate against women?

Edited by ValiantSalvatore

Nice results! 

Can you tell me how you got them?! I gave all of the pro-women answers and I scored 0% hostile sexism, 86% benevolent sexism. 

By the way, the only ways to save the results are to share on facebook or share on twitter. You can't get them to privately email it to you! 

Edited by Ulax
Inflammatory

4 hours ago, mr_engineer said:

Nice results! 

Can you tell me how you got them?! I gave all of the pro-women answers and I scored 0% hostile sexism, 86% benevolent sexism.

By the way, the only ways to save the results are to share on facebook or share on twitter. You can't get them to privately email it to you! 

Just to clarify, (and you might already know this and just be joking… I’m not sure though)…

If you got 86% benevolent sexism, then you didn’t actually choose the “woke” or pro-woman answers.

It’s a little bit like assuming all Asian people are good at math.

It may seem positive on its surface, but it leads to plenty of negative outcomes for women.

Edited by Ulax
Edited out inflammatory content by other user from quoted section

If you’re interested in developing Emotional Mastery and feeling more comfortable in your own skin, click the link below to register for my FREE Emotional Mastery Webinar…

Emotionalmastery.org

13 minutes ago, Emerald said:

Just to clarify, (and you might already know this and just be joking… I’m not sure though)…

If you got 86% benevolent sexism, then you didn’t actually choose the “woke” or pro-woman answers.

It’s a little bit like assuming all Asian people are good at math.

It may seem positive on its surface, but it leads to plenty of negative outcomes for women.

Yeah, apparently I was wrong about the pro-woman answers. 

That's why I was asking OP what those are. 

It's like taking a test, getting it wrong and then asking for the answer-key. 

Edited by mr_engineer

When you take the middle way on all of them, you get 33% on hostile misogyny and 33% on benevolent sexism. 

I found a way to get 0% and 0%!! 

It's when you take the most 'equal' position. 

Including saying 'I fully disagree with the statement that women should be cherished and protected by men'. 

And, 'Women and men should be equally conscripted in a time of war'. 

And, if you say 'Women should be cherished and protected by men', that's 3% 'benevolent sexism'. 

:D:D:D 

So, if you go out of your way to do good things for women, that's benevolent sexism. Chivalry is benevolent sexism. 

We have to be equal on all fronts. 

You can't make this shit up!! 

Edited by Ulax
Inflammatory remarks

That is interesting does show me a lot though, how people associate also why some of my friends complain about certain countries.

Anyway. Needless drama and not very serious about eliminating bias. I ignored both users beforehand, that is the irony of it. 

Would still be cool if others would post results, and would be willing to engage in a somewhat non-trolling discussion. 

I could at least then stop blocking one user. Some are disinterested in acting less biased.

At least that would up the quality of the forum, this just proofs some correct choices.The idea is to provide self-reflection and inclusion not ego ridiculement. 

I am not going to answer any of this as long as I smell hidden manipulation, trolling and horsing around and just delete the thread. 

Dude I could have ended up in 2 open relationships and do game. I would prefer not reading people like a book online. 

Edited by ValiantSalvatore

I got 36% hostile, 27% benevolent.

Be-Do-Have

Made it out the inner hood

There is no failure, only feedback

@mr_engineer What were your genuine results?

Be-Do-Have

@Emerald Would you say, in your current opinion, that all 'benevolent sexism' ought to be avoided?

Be-Do-Have

5 minutes ago, Ulax said:

@mr_engineer What were your genuine results?

My dude, I don't want to get cancelled. So, I'm practicing getting brand-appropriate stats. So that in the future, I can prove how non-sexist I am on serious fronts. 

This is a very, very unforgiving world when it comes to 'having the right narrative' or 'having the right character'. I didn't know how to play this game, now I do. 

You guys give me warning-points when you perceive something I said to be 'sexist'. I will never ever tell you my actual results. 

I spilled the beans on my own game here. I did consider using these results to request you to revoke warning-points, but I didn't want to stoop that low. 

Edited by mr_engineer

@mr_engineer I don't expect you'll get cancelled here for sharing your results mate, at least by the mods.

Did you get have an experience of being cancelled in real life that has meant you are wary of getting cancelled again?

Edit: Seen your latest edit. I won't speak on a modding related issue here. But i respect your preference if you'd rather not share your results openly.

Also, if you want to speak on a modding issue I'd PM a mod or leo.

Edited by Ulax

Be-Do-Have

Just now, Ulax said:

@mr_engineer I don't expect you'll get cancelled here for sharing your results mate, at least by the mods.

Thank you for making an attempt to earn my trust and considering my best-interests. Unfortunately, I don't trust the environment enough yet. I am open to changing my mind when the conditions change. 

1 minute ago, Ulax said:

Did you get have an experience of being cancelled in real life that has meant you are wary of getting cancelled again?

Yes, I have had that experience. 

I was falsely accused by a girl of 'being creepy' in high-school. I somehow kept that in the school and it didn't get to my parents. 

This totally destroyed my confidence with women for life. Before then, I didn't know why boys were scared of approaching girls. This showed me a legit reason why they would be scared. 

Now, here, I hide behind a veil of anonymity, sharing my 'sexist' opinions and having these debates with high-quality people here, because the rest of the world lacks the intellectual quality of this forum. If I go to any leftist echo-chamber, they won't be very respectful towards me. And, I should not use my real name when I have these conversations. 

I have been clueless as to how to navigate this minefield, up until this point. Now that we have qualified researchers who came up with their own standards, at least, there is an attempt to be objective in their definition of 'sexism'. And this is giving me a concrete way to handle this minefield. Now, I can have my own 'mine-detector', so to speak, and stay away from the mines. 

9 minutes ago, mr_engineer said:

Thank you for making an attempt to earn my trust and considering my best-interests. Unfortunately, I don't trust the environment enough yet. I am open to changing my mind when the conditions change. 

@mr_engineer Fair enough mate, and you're welcome.

Yes, I have had that experience. 

I was falsely accused by a girl of 'being creepy' in high-school. I somehow kept that in the school and it didn't get to my parents. 

This totally destroyed my confidence with women for life. Before then, I didn't know why boys were scared of approaching girls. This showed me a legit reason why they would be scared. 

I get you dude. Sounds to me like that experience generated a real sense of fear inside you towards being perceived as having negative attitudes towards women. It makes sense to me why  you would fear sharing your opinion here.

I've been called creepy by a couple of women before. And, I felt quite hurt by it. I have some fear about being called creepy too.

Now, here, I hide behind a veil of anonymity, sharing my 'sexist' opinions and having these debates with high-quality people here, because the rest of the world lacks the intellectual quality of this forum. If I go to any leftist echo-chamber, they won't be very respectful towards me. And, I should not use my real name when I have these conversations. 

I have been clueless as to how to navigate this minefield, up until this point. Now that we have qualified researchers who came up with their own standards, at least, there is an attempt to be objective in their definition of 'sexism'. And this is giving me a concrete way to handle this minefield. Now, I can have my own 'mine-detector', so to speak, and stay away from the mines. 

I think I understand. You now feel more empowered to navigate how you interact with controversial topics with demographics of people who might become hostile towards you?

Edited by Ulax

Be-Do-Have

8 minutes ago, Ulax said:

I think I understand. You now feel more empowered to navigate how you interact with controversial topics with demographics of people who might become hostile towards you?

The biggest sticking-point was - if I have a business and if I have a female employee who is a feminist, how should I deal with her? What do I do if she messes something up and when I give consequences for that, she calls it 'sexism'? 

Now that I saw this questionnaire and how it judges respondents, I'm getting a sense for what 'equality' means, in theory and in practice. In theory, it means that men and women are equal. In terms of worth and in terms of capability. And, in practice, it means that feminist women want to be men. They want men's success, men's sexual freedom and men's logistic freedom. I'm not threatened by any of this, I just needed to be sure that this is the reality. (And they're not admitting to this.) Now that I see what they want, it'll make things easier for me on that front. 

Now, if I have a female employee and she's a feminist, I'll treat her like I'd treat a male employee. And, if I have a female employee who isn't a feminist, I will treat her accordingly! I will take the opportunity to be masculine with her (in professional terms) and we can have that kind of dynamic. 

Edited by mr_engineer

Lol 36% hostile 0% benevolent

idgi i felt like my beliefs were truth LMAO. why did i get hostile

like there was a question that was like women tease men sexually. they do DO this. ofc not ALL women. 

Edited by Jacob Morres

@Jacob Morres Perhaps you are hostile, or perhaps you are hostile based on a certain worldview that is used to construct the test

Be-Do-Have

@Ulax i feel like it cant capture my worldview properly its quite nuanced. but perhaps there is some hostility. i still love women though

Edited by Jacob Morres

@Jacob Morres I meant that the way the test is setup is based on a certain worldview. The creators have designated certain answers to be indicative of 'hostile sexism', and that link is based on a certain worldview, imo.

Be-Do-Have