bazera

Have any of you astral projected?

57 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, bazera said:

@Jowblob So I guess you are talking from some higher perspective, a meta-perspective in which a "normal" waking state and night sleep state, as well as an astral state, are coming from the same substance, the dream. Is that correct?

Yes, all the states of consciousness/experiences are the same. The waking dream is a more stable form of dreaming, you can also call it research platform of god where smallest things can be studied without interruption to the detail.

To me, a "normal" waking state doesn't seem like a dream, so my aim with astral projection is to realize and get a better understanding of reality. Maybe at some point, I'll realize that astral and normal are both dreams, or not. So that's the place from which I was asking the initial question. Basically, I wanted to know how can one change perspective and understanding of the material world around us through this thing known as astral projection. 

It doesn't seem to you like that is because you're unconscious simple as that , to get a better understanding of reality is to experience and read as many books as you can, than do psychedelics and you will see how your 500book knowledge for example will connect to everything when you're in a higher state of consciousness. Even the specific psychedelics are tools given by you(god) to you same as meditation 

ONLY LEO IS AWAKE

@Jowblob

It doesn't seem to you like that is because you're unconscious simple as that , to get a better understanding of reality is to experience and read as many books as you can, than do psychedelics and you will see how your 500book knowledge for example will connect to everything when you're in a higher state of consciousness. Even the specific psychedelics are tools given by you(god) to you same as meditation 

Yes, I plan to do that. I read books for sure, but I don't have access to psychedelics at the moment, nor in the near future. So I thought learning to astral project can be a great way to experience spirituality at some level, not necessarily God level or unity or anything like that. 

I also don't think that experiencing the astral plane will be the ultimate Spiritual understanding in any way. But I think that it can become a gateway to higher things.

3 minutes ago, bazera said:

@Jowblob

Yes, I plan to do that. I read books for sure, but I don't have access to psychedelics at the moment, nor in the near future. So I thought learning to astral project can be a great way to experience spirituality at some level, not necessarily God level or unity or anything like that. 

I also don't think that experiencing the astral plane will be the ultimate Spiritual understanding in any way. But I think that it can become a gateway to higher things.

People that access the so called "spiritual plane" have a certain level of consciousness where the characters in the dream finally start interacting with you like they're an inviduality, it's an illusion.  When you stop the flow as god/witnessing awareness interacting with these "invidual characters", you will wake up to this dream.

Why? Because when you stop the flow while being god or a witnessing consciousness the characters have no freewill anymore and you will get sent back to this form of dreaming. The harmony and wonder only happends to god is when god can go with the flow and watch all these characters interacting like they're seperate from him, when you get this realization you will always wake up to a different form of dreaming.

ONLY LEO IS AWAKE

@bazera I've never actually gone into it but i can see scenes playing when I really focus on my mind. Its kind of hard because I will see it and try to look at it but I don't think you are supposed to move your eyes. I can see the scene but when everytime I try to look at something it dissapear because I'm trying to use my human eyes not my third eye so gotta work on that.

4 hours ago, bazera said:

Also, one question. Was astral projection helpful in realizing that you are not the body? Right now I basically feel that I am a body. And I think that if I experienced projecting out of a body, that belief will shutter

Hmm well it helped me realise that I am not only the body. But it lead me down a path of thinking I was an entity inside of a body, that could leave the body. It has that flavour to it. So in a sense yes it can shatter the belief of just being a physical body. You understand that there is more to you than just the body. But as I say, not to get lost in that, because you are so much more than what astral projection shows you also. But that may take some serious awakenings. That of the likes of what Leo teaches here. Certainly will expand what you already think yourself to be though there’s no doubt about that.

And no I’ve never seen that starter kit I don’t really take any notice of croppers work anymore. But looking through that site there the course I used is still there. It was this one…

https://yourpotential.teachable.com/p/the-10-step-conditioning-process

@Dazgwny Yeah, from what I've heard, the astral projection will be a tip of an iceberg of what's possible to realize about oneself. But probably still super useful and interesting from my current standpoint where I haven't experienced anything remotely spiritual.

Thanks for the link.

@bazera I was in your very same position. You’re in for a treat. It was a great starting point for me. Opens your mind to the fact there is much more to reality than meets the eye. I just moved on when other opportunities for further expansion and realisation opened up. You got me thinking, I might try and have a play around again tonight?. Anyway as I said, good luck ??

@bazera I started not by accident. I wanted this experience so badly, I trained almost every night. Took me 2 to 3 month of practice. 

@bazera Its always random like a dream playing in the distance. It feels like i need to use a seperate pair of eyes to look at it or just trance out more

Edited by Hojo

Have been doing it since I was a child, not so much lately though because of weed (weed made me have less dreams in general). But to me it feels more like falling asleep consciously.

Usually I just lay down on my back (I only managed to do it twice out of like hundreds of times laying on the side for some reason, so the laying on the back thing might be important), put my hands on my chest and focus on my heart beat. I just try to stay awake while letting the body fall to rest. This can take quiet a while. Then different things happen.

Sometimes I see small lights. As time continues these small lights start to form lines and shapes. After some time these shapes become more and more coherent. Then colors slowly fade in and I realize that I can now move around.

At other times it feels like I am being ripped out of my body and shot through a tunnel at like thousands of km/h. Sometimes it's a tunnel of light, sometimes it's just dark and sometimes it's made out of weird geometric shapes. Then the same thing as with the last example happens and a world is constructed around me step by step.

Sometimes I enter sleep paralysis, which can range from funny (like seeing a monkey on a unicycle ride through my room) to horrifying (like hearing sounds that sound like straight out of hell). But most of the time I just either hear music, or see water on the ceiling or whatever. What I've learned is that your ability to stay calm is really important in how much fucked up shit you see. If you can remain calm you'll usually be fine.

Sometimes the being ripped out of the body thing can happen, but instead of flying through a tunnel I'm shot through some dreamscape. Usually it's some kind of fantastical landscape, sometimes it can be some confusing scenario (like two factions of dinosaurs fighting in a city of ice up in the north pole, but one of the factions is dinosaurs made from ice cubes), at other times I can't even tell what I'm looking at. It's almost like you're watching a movie in your head. It feels like a lucid dream, but you can't actually control where you're flying and what you're going to see.

At times I'm just in bed thinking about stuff and at some point I look around and I realize that I am in a dream and that I didn't even notice that I had fallen asleep because I was so caught up thinking about stuff.

Make of it what you want, I can't really tell the difference between lucid dreams and astral projection, except for the fact that they feel differently, in that what you might consider astral traveling is much clearer and lucid than mere lucid dreaming (realizing that you're in a dream, after having lost consciousness already), which is more like a sudden spark of consciousness in the midst of an unconscious dream. "Astral traveling" on the other hand is when you didn't loose your consciousness to begin with.

I also managed to fall asleep with my eyes open when I was a child, but I quickly stopped because I had watched way too many horror movies and you can imagine what kind of fucked up shit I saw. The last time it happend was a few years ago. I was just on the bus and I looked at my hand and I fell asleep. My fingers turned into a little band and they played a song haha. But that's too much of a strain on my eyes and I prefer not to fall asleep with my eyes open because that's actually scary. Like I never have nightmares, but the things I see when I fall asleep with my eyes open are rather unpleasant. Also never open your eyes in sleep paralysis. Just don't. Unless you're truly interested in exploring that dimension I guess?

Edited by DefinitelyNotARobot

beep boop

The easiest method is in "The Phase" book by Michael Raduga. 

That alone is enough to AP 3 days a week, multiple times a session, pretty quickly.

Just ignore his metaphysical understanding of the phenomenon. He doesn't think it's real.

Getting real, verifiable input is definitely possible. It took me a few hundred astral projections to verify though. I've had close to a 1000 of them.

Getting it to a level where you have lots of control, the APs are long enough (it's possible to have 1+h super stable experiences), where you can always get reliable info etc. is the real work. Getting your first AP is the easy part.

@Michal__ @DefinitelyNotARobot What would you guys consider to be the dangers of doing AP? If any, since you have quite a lot of experience with this.

@Michal__

Getting real, verifiable input is definitely possible

What do you mean by this? Like, you can see something in AP that later when you wake up you can verify? Something like what were your friends doing? 

30 minutes ago, bazera said:

@Michal__ @DefinitelyNotARobot What would you guys consider to be the dangers of doing AP? If any, since you have quite a lot of experience with this.

@Michal__

What do you mean by this? Like, you can see something in AP that later when you wake up you can verify? Something like what were your friends doing? 

Something like what were your friends doing? 

-> Yes.

What would you guys consider to be the dangers of doing AP? If any, since you have quite a lot of experience with this.

-> Maybe getting too addicted to it.  

Also it's important to be careful when coming to metaphysical conclusions based on astral projection. 

It's a nice tool. Not the peak of all experience or anything like that (some people seem to treat it like that).

@Salvijus You best do it depending on how tired you are. It's more difficult to do when you are really tired, so you should either do it somewhere in the middle of the day, or before bed (but only if you're not too tired and have time the next day, because it can take anywhere from 10 minutes to an hour, depending on a few different factors).

@bazera I honestly never really had any problems, only a few spooks, but I also don't have any nightmares, so I'm probably not the best to judge that. Honestly the most dangerous thing is your mind itself and it's capacity to delude itself. You need a feel for interpreting these projections, not on a mental/intellectual basis, but an emotional or even spiritual basis. The mind can't understand it.

They are, in a way, reflections of yourself. When you are in this world, you are looking into a mirror, because you are looking at your own mind at work. You are the entire world around you. And you can travel deep down into the depths of your mind. Sometimes scary things pop up. Challenging thing. You can learn to integrate these challenges, but I don't know how to explain that process, so you'll have to trust your own intuition on that.

But I wouldn't advice traveling down into your deeper parts of the mind if you are mentally unstable. It can get REALLY really challenging. Some people are simply not fit to use astral traveling in that way. Using it just recreationally is fine, but if you are mentally unstable you should absolutely stay in the more shallow waters of this ocean. Just a warning.

Edited by DefinitelyNotARobot

beep boop

@bazera Honestly, if I think about it, Leo's video on the dangers of Psychedelic might be relevant to that question, since these dreams or projections or whatever can have effects similar to certain psychedelic substances, even if it's a very mild trip relatively speaking.

beep boop

@DefinitelyNotARobot Yeah I've also thought about that. Especially the gradual approach, just like with the doses. The guide I've found uses a very gradual approach spread across multiple weeks, starting with relaxation and energy work exercises.

As I assume, with enough practice I'll start having OBE experiences, and I have to increase my comfort zone bit by bit with each experience. 

But who knows, I'll only know by doing it. 

I have had it happen to me gradually, only a few weeks ago I had two spontaneous back-to-back AP experiences. This was last year but I woke up in the morning, and being sleepy, I decided to go back to sleep, since I meditated a lot around that time regarding observing thoughts, when I laid down I naturally started observing. The monkey mind was playing a sound of banging on a door, but suddenly it gets 10x louder as if I could really hear it. I keep my composure and many other hallucinations start popping up. I open my eyes, and I see that ceiling in front of me has turned into a beautiful landscape. I am on top of a mountain, in front of me is a half tree half man sitting in a cross legged position, we are meditating together. Then it all morphs back to the ceiling. Some other stuff happens. I was scared a little so I started chanting "Om Namah Shivay", when I started I couldn't stop it. It kept playing and playing and got really loud but not unpleasant. I could feel as if their was a oily steel ball in my palms. I took some deep breaths and came back. This was the first time and over time I have gradually gotten more exposed as I had more experiences.

Last week I was tired, I laid down in the middle of the day. Before I knew, some thoughts in my head get insanely loud, and I let the state take over me.
This time however, I was ripped out of my body, the last time it happened, it was very violent because I didn't want it to happen. This time, I was calm, and I slipped out my body like slipping out of your shoe on accident. I couldn't control where I was going though. I was simply traveling across my room and saw my sister using the computer etc. Thing is, she was indeed using the computer in real life, but the things in the room, her clothes, were all different. Even the window had no curtains in my experiences but in real life there were.

I had one more the next day. But yeah, it's like a normal lucid dream, but you don't really have control over reality or whatever. Also it felt very real. I wouldn't say it was 'more' real. Rather it was a different kind of real.