Someone here

Why are psychedelics illegal?

109 posts in this topic

Psychedelics are threatening to the main stream generic public because of ignorance and fear.  They're also considered  just as bad as heroin, etc.  I think the older generations 80 years+ and conservatives feel threatened by Psychedelics.  Its from a lack of understanding how reality really works and for politicians to win elections.  One must have an open mind, but the majority of people are ignorant and closed minded.

Psychedelics are legal in almost all of Europe. and? almost no one uses them. no one knows the sites of chemical research. Nobody knows what 5meo is, or 1plsd, nothing. just a little bit about the Ayahuasca ceremonies, because of the ceremony and the shamans and all that. but psychedelics don't interest anyone

Edited by Breakingthewall

In the US, LSD took off into the stratosphere in the early/mid 60s.  This happened as the hippie movement was gaining pretty substantial steam, in no small part due to an idiotic war that seemed (and was) unnecessary and was drafting young men left and right to go fight in said war.  Timothy Leary came on the scene and was basically growing what had a lot of aspects of what could be described as a cult.  Along comes Nixon, who was undeniably a fucking asshole of a person and it scared him.  He was scared of hippies and he essentially started what has become the GOP playbook ever since:  go after minorities in a drug war.  He did this to shore up Confederate white voters in the South and elsewhere, and to shit on the hippies.  After that, pretty much everything was banned in one swoop:  Acid, shrooms, peyote, and other psychedelics were quickly criminalized, and research into them came to a screeching halt.  We have been dealing with the spectre of that piece of shit Nixon ever since, and every other asshole GOPig that has come along since, derping the country into one dumb war after another even after Vietnam was a huge wasteful and tragic fiasco.  Reagan came along, yet another piece of shit, who ran even further with Nixon's bullshit, but at least Nixon cared about the environment.  Then Bush senior (another dumb war) and a CIA scumbag, then came Bush 2 (still more dumb wars [we will never learn]) and then Trump came along too.  

Having said all that, psychedelics are not without danger.  Some people have died, others have had their brains fried from gigantic doses, and others have done stupid shit.  Cracks started to appear in the late 90s when Rick Strassman started to rekindle research into shrooms and DMT, and whispers of people using mescaline and ibogaine to quit heroine addictions.  Then the Internet started to really get going with these fringy subjects, and psychedelics have again arisen in popularity.  I do think that generally psychellics should be legal, but controlled so that idiot teenagers aren't out eating mushrooms and drag racing every friday.  We can do better than the way cannabis has been decriminalized.  People need to know risks, need to be taught that drugs need to be taken very seriously, and should be taken in safe, purposeful environments.  

In case you were wondering, I am definitely biased against Republicans.  Nixon turned them into garbage, and they haven't found a low point since.

Because its never been a (war on drugs) its always been a (war on consciousness). The more conscious and intelligent people become, they less they will submit to slavery and a slave-like/prision-like life. People will want to be totally independent and self-sufficient. A an intelligent being is dangerous to a corrupt system. Osho has some great responses on intelligence, rebellion and consciousness you could easily find online like so https://www.oshoteachings.com/osho-intelligent-people-are-dangerous-people-they-are-radicals-they-are-revolutionaries/

Edited by M A J I

As above so below, as within so without.

It is treat to society and system values, system doesn't want to change, system is careful and responsible, system have it's survival mechanisms, system is afraid to change in any way, system is not perfect but it's good and it's changing all the time little by little.

@Juressic The entire system changes when you change. 

I’m not talking to you as human, by the way.

"Wisdom is not in knowing all the answers, but in seeking the right questions." -Gemini AI

On 2/24/2023 at 7:57 PM, The Mystical Man said:

truly life-altering. In the short run, you may feel gratitude and awe. But, in the long run, psychedelics cause more suffering, because they reveal the immense contrast between your dirty psyche and pristine consciousness. Ignorance would have been preferable. You can become more mindful and self-aware as you live your life; again, that's the only way it works, anyway. In that way, the suffering might not be so overwhelming, because then you're getting what you need at the time you need it.

On 2/24/2023 at 6:58 AM, SamC said:

to say that they don't work and don't heal people is conplete BS

People may feel as though they're healed, for they're coming in contact with the immaculate source of reality -- that which is whole and never needed healing to begin with. That's a temporary experience that can't permanently heal people. The fragmented psyche will come back. It always comes back.

On 2/24/2023 at 6:58 AM, SamC said:

they can be used as a tool for you to realize how to get there permanently and how to trancend your fears and limitations

I don't think you need psychedelics for that. What you need is life itself.

Interesting— I agree with that part about the contrast! ? However, this is what integration is all about.

And the contrast IS the catalyst that helps people after a life changing event, for example: a car accident or loss of a loved one. Seeing the Truth in contrast to what you previously thought is SO painful and sobering.

What makes you think psychedelics aren’t just another part of “life itself” in this way?

I feel that my psychedelic experiences freed me a lot more to experience “life itself” in a way I never would have without them.

Yea you still have to clean up your mind but with a much more truthful perspective.

It seems like you are saying psychedelics can’t permanently heal you because how would you know about anyone else’s experience? More medicine and/or integration could be helpful ♥️ 

I think psychedelics are illegal because they are so powerful (dangerous for some) and legalizing them would totally change the pharmaceutical industry.

Too much work to really understand how to profit from them AND control access to them. I don’t feel like they’ll be illegal forever but it’s going to take decades for the states to see significant progress.

Almost no human is mature enough 

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

8 hours ago, Karla said:

And the contrast IS the catalyst that helps people after a life changing event, for example: a car accident or loss of a loved one. Seeing the Truth in contrast to what you previously thought is SO painful and sobering.

I was in my first car crash two months ago and I’ve also lost plenty of loved ones along the way. Suffice to say, it grew me exponentially and my life has changed for the better.

When your entire identity and survival is on the line it’ll transform you. It’s up to you how you want to respond to it. I prefer the life I’m living now compared to the life I was living prior. And this is only the beginning.

"Wisdom is not in knowing all the answers, but in seeking the right questions." -Gemini AI

On 5/11/2023 at 7:08 AM, Yimpa said:

I was in my first car crash two months ago and I’ve also lost plenty of loved ones along the way. Suffice to say, it grew me exponentially and my life has changed for the better.

When your entire identity and survival is on the line it’ll transform you. It’s up to you how you want to respond to it. I prefer the life I’m living now compared to the life I was living prior. And this is only the beginning.

♥️!

I lost my dad in a car accident really young and I’m fine now but it literally took years to integrate some of what unfolded for me right afterwards— it’s an awakening experience but nobody treats it as such. Life changing experiences have the power to evolve us, I dare say that the most painful and shocking ones are the most potent. Psychedelic experiences are not excluded.

Something as simple as seeing life in a new way is MASSIVE short-term and ESPECIALLY long-term. Change isn’t always fast but sometimes it is, like yours.

Psychedelics are the most dangerous drugs to handle.
Lawmakers don't think like autistic people, just because lsd is technically non-lethal doesn't mean taking LSD is any safer than smoking a few cigarettes

If you dont understand, you're not twisted enough.

@Karla <3 

In terms of change, I see it as both slow and fast in my life. What I didn’t mention is the slow, grueling stuff: I’ve spent a couple decades suffering with mental illness that wasn’t properly treated, skin conditions, easily prone to sickness like colds or flu, relationship problems, school problems, learning about how I’m neurodiverse at the late age of 16 (when early diagnosis and intervention can sometimes be younger than 2 years old), etc. 

With that said, the fast changes I’ve experienced in the past few months are without a doubt fundamental, and are improving every aspect I’ve aforementioned. I predict my integration process will take years as well, but it’s totally worth it now that I’m on much more solid footing. If anything, I feel like psychedelics gave me back all the time that was lost, and transforming my life in a brand new way. It really does seem like I’m being born again!

Most of society consists of dumbed, numbed down apes who are selfish and simple minded. Their role is to act as cogs in the larger social matrix... Basically to keep their organizations and economies running. Psychedelics make people too sensitive, ask to many questions, feel their pain, want to enjoy life in a more open minded and liberal way. It's really dangerous for society that people do this in a way that is isn't slow and properly monitored. We don't have the systems in place for them yet. 

Overall, it's a very complicated topic with far more than I say here.

◭"89"

On 01/03/2023 at 4:49 PM, Ramu said:

Its from a lack of understanding how reality really works and for politicians to win elections.  One must have an open mind, but the majority of people are ignorant and closed minded.

Yeah. I think the same.

1 hour ago, Thought Art said:

Most of society consists of dumbed, numbed down apes who are selfish and simple minded. Their role is to act as cogs in the larger social matrix... Basically to keep their organizations and economies running. Psychedelics make people too sensitive, ask to many questions, feel their pain, want to enjoy life in a more open minded and liberal way. It's really dangerous for society that people do this in a way that is isn't slow and properly monitored. We don't have the systems in place for them yet. 

Overall, it's a very complicated topic with far more than I say here.

That may all be true, but the people who are putting laws in place do not have this world view. They simply view it as another dangerous drug with no medical or financial use. 

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

@integral Yeah, maybe. 

They are dangerous though. I’m still not really mature enough for them. Obviously more than the average normie. But, yeah.

Edited by Thought Art

◭"89"

34 minutes ago, integral said:

That may all be true, but the people who are putting laws in place do not have this world view. They simply view it as another dangerous drug with no medical or financial use. 

AOC is an exception. I think she even mentioned 5-MeO-DMT one time. That‘s pretty radical.

@Yimpa Cool she is trying to push for change? 

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

1 minute ago, integral said:

Cool she is trying to push for change? 

Yeah. But if we are honest with ourselves, aren’t all politicians? Even the ones who are conservative and don’t want to change the “original” rules, they are resisting change that the left are pushing for. So you can say that conservatives push to change the change that the left is trying to push for.

Yikes.