Jannes

Good water filters

4 posts in this topic

I want to get a good water filter to filter heavy metals. There are many different products ranging from little cans *1 to whole system *2 and small prices to  really expensive. I just want something good for a reasonable price. Any recommendations?

*1for example: https://www.amazon.de/dp/B005ZI6OVQ/?tag=sternvgl03-21&ascsubtag=5b14f02f638cea224c49163c93b2e8dd

*2 for example: https://www.amazon.de/dp/B0B7S26V7L/?tag=glv-21&ascsubtag=7b6109ed-a2a6-4b4c-accf-b005600ae775&th=1&psc=1&linkCode=osi&maas=&ref_=aa_maas

Edited by Jannes

I think the first water filter option is a good choice because it's affordable but I have to say that the second one although more expensive is definitely worth it. I know this because we had one in our office and it made a huge difference in the quality of our water

4 hours ago, todefe said:

I think the first water filter option is a good choice because it's affordable but I have to say that the second one although more expensive is definitely worth it. I know this because we had one in our office and it made a huge difference in the quality of our water

I can't afford the second one. I just wanted to illustrate an extreme example of how big the range is in pricing of water filters and therefore my confusion of where a decent sweet spot is between quality and price is. 

Edited by Jannes

It's really going to depend on your use case. Most people with municipal water supplies in the United States don't need any fancy filter a simple countertop filter that attaches to the faucet is sufficient to filter out the bad tastes.

The simple answer is to get an under the sink reverse osmosis system but those do waste about 75% of the water to get you a gallon of good water takes about 4 gallons total water.

Honestly I'm not picky as long as it's cold I'll drink it right out of the tap.

Edited by sholomar