Thought Art

What Are Principles Of Good Living?

14 posts in this topic

What are the principles of good living?

I’ll add my list later 

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

I'll make one up as far as I can tell, I am fairly well-read although there is stuff I'd also implement:

• Doctor check-ups and dentist
  • Filtered water
  • Conscious relationships to extend possible/community
  • Psychdelics
  • Yoga/Meditation
  • Retreats
  • Life-Long Learning
  • Leadership mastery
  • Creating love and compassion
  • Art and beauty (in immediate environment)
  • Stellar life purpose
  • No addictions nicotine, subtle ones anger, hatred, drama, ignorance, avoidance, 
  • Assertivness facing challenges
  • Open-Minded
  • Direct, calm and friendly/positive
  • Mastery of a subject minimum
  • Financially secure and well-off for spiritual work
  • Adventure! 100% and retreats
  • Integration of western and eastern principles about consciouness work (like Ken Wilber, Yin and Yang etc.)
  • Knowing how to deal with the opposite sex in relationships and sex
  • Healing and trauma work to some extend imo
  • Creating and creativity of something that has value to others and is not oversaturated at best
  • Quality sleep and quantity (might be underrated)
  • Understanding stockmarket and finance
  • Investing 
  • Basline understanding of politics 
  • Mastering inner psychology, suffering, success
  • Beign free of self-image 
  • Acting from insight and consciouness
  • Conscious families (although that is super-rare) 
  • Integrity the best feeling I have acting in the real world is acting from deepseated integrity with unbiased believes and from values I myself came up with and developed (value section of lp)
  • Having a map for others, oterwise they are lost and disorient themselves, that can even include things like MBTI, Mission Statement, Vision etc.
  • Exercise
  • Learning from success instead of only from failure
  • Visualizations for life purpose, goals etc.
  • Following conscious success principles (I don't have them consciously in mind, Deepak Chopra has for example 7laws of spiritual success)
  • Having enough free time to follow passion and acting in wu-wei doing what you love 100% of the time
  • Learning andd taking notes
  • Baseline improvment
  • Loving discipline 
  • No manipulation and control letting go of this
  • Focusing on a few of these principles
  • Look out for the counter-intutive approaches
  • Beign original and creating something unique 
  • Developing divine&healthy masculinity and femininity - challenges for men mostly 
  • Big-picture view instead of technical analysis
  • More action, less theory on a few principles with self-experimentation 
  • Not re-inventing the wheel
  • Going to the original source
  • Sobriety using time well 100% instead of notion of society of sobriety (be clean, show up to work, be sheep like 1984)
  • Mastery principles loving the plateu, getting feedback, touching base with a highly competent teacher
  • Learning from martial arts, and I presume dance?? for the opposite sex and practicing that in real life
  • Understanding strategy and optimization to get more juice out of whatever you are doing
  • Non-judgement
  • Holistic synthesis
  • Knowing how to present yourself and public speaking&"leadership abillity to speak to others"
  • Conscious communication (did a few workshop bouts with Shinzen, very powerful although the topic was not all to relevant, instead the, Yes, but I am better and smarter type of conversations that breed resentments and leaves others feeling unheared, causes drama etc.)
  • Beign social and connecting with others
  • Not over-isolating one self and playing power games with others
  • Understanding and integrating god-realization (still no clue, yet very curious)
  • Again acting from insight! (I re-listned to Ralston audiobook and I find this powerful, while exercising I was giving my best to learn these principles actively)
  • Active learning!!! Participate don't be a passive bystander
  • Embrace diverstiy and create move harmony
  • Balance with the true flavour of balance, not neutrality and or rationality even though they can be part of the balancing process!
  • Priorities and cleanliness, creating order in immediate environment
  • Non-dogmatic
  • Learning from scratch
  • Principles first thinking v.s holistic deductivness (my own words) breaking the whole in parts understanding sub-holons etc.

----

I am unsure what else to include, I listend to the audiobook principles a couple of times (with quick notes...), so it's mostly about counter-intutiveness and following principles doing the stuff most don't want to do. Like meditation and yoga as a baseline practice and retreats with psychdelics. As a stable practice as this is pretty rough to pull off, as well as staying healthy exercising on top of that, most have a lot of commitments, and don't create such things. I'd say what would be the core of the principles.

I am unsure there is one thing I would include for hardcore guys that is lifting, yoga&meditation and or psychdelics and I mean just lifting, as Wilber recommends it, gave him massive growths and a lot of psychdelics depth I've had after an exhaustive training, if you can lifting, go to a sauna and know about physiology I bet you can lift psychdelic growth for state experiences. 

That is mostly it. I struggle implementing this, I give my best. 

Edited by ValiantSalvatore

I watched it, this is more from direct experience what I wrote, so I verify it for myself instead of only watching in a sense. 

12 hours ago, Thought Art said:

What are the principles of good living?

I’ll add my list later 

Temperance and courage. Courage being the highest point of embodiment of any value.

Will edit with more

@Kshantivadin You're welcome! It would be awesome if others share their list from their direct experience and reading, as well as note-taking. I bet there are more than 65 principles and the video is 4 years old and Leo changes a lot. I bet he'd even reduce the list to some extend. 

On 16.02.2023 at 0:22 PM, ValiantSalvatore said:

Not over-isolating one self and playing power games with others

Can you give an example to this?

25 minutes ago, ucan99 said:

Can you give an example to this?

Meeting others and move from monological to dialogical to translogical power, in a sense it's inevitable, besides you are at a level of consciouness unfathomable for most, then I can't really tell as it's most translogical power then. The idea is to move from I statements = monological power to we statements = dialogical power to non-judgement and a deep level of mindfulness. That is the principle of it. I made up an example, although it was to positive. Saying, I don't know and we can do this instead etc. Admitting flaws and doubts, generally gives rise to respect, that is a bit counter-intutive. 

(Translogical -> dialogical power) It's mostly a high-form of non-judgement and mindfull awareness a bit of like what open-awareness meditation and zen meditation is, you take in the whole and apply non-judgement. You might already be intuitively good at it, and the other two dialogical power "structures" / ideas, might be good. Monolgoical power in my experience is assertivness, we dialogical power more leadership, and (new concept I learned recently) translogical power is more like englightend leadership, you work as hard as others, apply non-judgement include all, play the whole ladder up and down each rung, and dispell illusion in a sense, by creating clarity, purpose, autonomey and direction for others themselves. Although this mostly plays out in we/i space. Not translogical space. So to speak. 

I am not often in a position currently like this, thick face and black heart is still a core book if it's about deep leadership coming more from an awareness&consciouness perspective and beign acting with integrity and values, as well as qualities of leadership. Although the groundwork has to be done, in the sense of having a position where these principals can be applied. 

This is also subtely pro-active. Personally I get more room, yet this also depends highly on skills and competencies. etc. 

I struggle with anger and impatience at times, and meet others who are similar. The concept is from Ken Wilber, I can't link it I did it in a payed course. 

https://integrallife.com/full-spectrum-power-announcement/

It's a bit overhyped, I did not come back to it, although it has value. I would not recommend buying it if you are not into integral theory and a nerd so to say. This is the idea in it's essence non-judgemental leadership -> dialog in we space and dialog from I space. 

Translogical power transforms power dynamics into plain non-judgmental playingfields mostly. Very open and exploratory feelings, when I contemplate how this feels to me mostly. As well as just pure beign etc. It would not feel like a powerbind and a steady struggle for one-upmanship. It's more exploratory and open. 

Brief example: Group Project

Gather ideas -> discuess in we space -> apply non-judgement -> use communication skills in we space -> make I assertion -> continue leadership principles -> non-judgement etc. This is mostly it, I find it dispells power dynamics, does not mean you can control others and get the "perfect group" and team project running. It creates more harmony though 100%.

This also goes for friendships, so you can cut the chase with topics of non-interest to you without beign very rude for example. I hope the idea is somewhat clear! 

The unfoldment of itself what it teaches... it's not that profound of a question. 

Check Ralston for this one...

What is insight goes way further! Does the insight of a principle give rise to new principles? ? :D

Authenticity and Self Love.

It seems that everything else comes from that.

Music is Love in disguise.

Imagine a future where Self Integration, Exploration and Creation is  normalized and encouraged.

https://wakingcall.com/

37 minutes ago, UnbornTao said:

What is a principle?

"A rule says, 'You must do it this way.' A principle says, 'This works…and has through all remembered time.' The difference is crucial." - Robert McKee

"Make a gift of your life and lift all mankind by being kind, considerate, forgiving, and compassionate at all times, in all places, and under all conditions, with everyone as well as yourself. That is the greatest gift anyone can give." - Dr. David R. Hawkins

2 minutes ago, The Mystical Man said:

"A rule says, 'You must do it this way.' A principle says, 'This works…and has through all remembered time.' The difference is crucial." - Robert McKee

Good definition.

Seems like there's a difference between principles, rules and guidelines. A principle is like gravity, mastery, discipline. etc