D2sage

Tiktok is corrupting, 6 year olds twerking now

58 posts in this topic

@Shawn Philips

20 hours ago, Shawn Philips said:

Twerking is a mating ritual destined to turn men on. That being said, kids out of their reproductive age shoud never engage in these rituals, not even simulate them.

The teacher is a stupid cultural-marxist shill. And your 6yo sister doesnt have responsible parents?

Twerking is designed to be super cringe attempts of turning people on. It's just a desperate attempt to burn bum fat off.

Twerking adults are very shallow people. No hotness there!

And children shouldn't twerk at all.

I remember when I was 12 years old and I saw my girlfriend performing a dance number at school, I thought she was really good at it, as if she was an adult, and although I believe it wasn't intended that way, some of the movements definitely had sexual undertones. Was she corrupted?

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

@Carl-Richard

20 hours ago, Carl-Richard said:

I remember when I was 12 years old and I saw my girlfriend performing a dance number at school, I thought she was really good at it, as if she was an adult, and although I believe it wasn't intended that way, some of the movements definitely had sexual undertones. Was she corrupted?

Probably!?

1 hour ago, Danioover9000 said:

@Carl-Richard

Probably!?

So TikTok isn't exactly bringing anything new to the table, just bringing it to more people.

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

On 2/15/2023 at 2:16 PM, D2sage said:

I have a sister age 6 now. She aint allowed a phone, she got a watch with gps tracker and call function instead.

Why does a 6 year old need a gps tracker and phone in the first place?

She told me that the other girls are twerking on the boys now ?

Are you sure she’s not just exaggerating to get a reaction from you?

Some little girls were doing this kind of thing when I was a kid too… just different dances. They’d watch some pop star shaking their hips and try to copy them.

And the little boys weren’t really interested in it.

And one teacher have said that it is ok to not identify as a specific gender ?

They have also asked them how they would react if they saw a boy with a dress.

These teacher makes me sick. They have taken the role as a parent.

I have reached peak skepticism about the communication of “it’s okay to not identify” thing. I doubt anyone is communicating that to elementary students.

I have never run across any gender related curriculum in my time as a substitute teacher. Nor have my kids had a teacher teach this to them.

That said, its good for teachers to give students the moral education to accept people’s differences and not make fun of people who diverge from norms… otherwise they’re communicating the opposite.

So, teachers should make that clear that their classroom is a non- judgmental zone for all students.

Anyone with kids or young siblings in that age who have noticed some strangeness¿

I have two kids. And I’ve worked as a full time high school teacher… and as a substitute teacher in all grade levels in many elementary, middle, and high schools in my district.

This is why I’m feeling like this is all quite exaggerated. The elementary school environment is about the same as it was for me growing up 25 years ago.

Kids are the same as they’ve always been. And adults are still thinking that the new generation is going to hell in a hand basket.

I understand that new tech is scary. But I’m confident that kids today will learn how to navigate it as well as millennials have learned to navigate the internet.

People with no kids or Young siblings seems to not care. But if you have then any man would sit in prision for life if someone hurt them.

I read India has blocked the app due to shitty content and i am disgusted that other countries arent following. 

Unfortunately, what has been invented cannot be uninvented. So, even if the app is blocked, a nearly identical alternative will come in it’s place.

If you’re interested in developing Emotional Mastery and feeling more comfortable in your own skin, click the link below to register for my FREE Emotional Mastery Webinar…

Emotionalmastery.org

@Carl-Richard

4 hours ago, Carl-Richard said:

So TikTok isn't exactly bringing anything new to the table, just bringing it to more people.

Tik Tok has brought some unique problems to those that consume shorts, especially for hours un place of proper rest or engagemnt in hobbies: increased neurosis, and false expectations of fast=valued. Not specific to Tik Tok, but over consumption of social media, the garbage junk food variety, declines the focusing ability of the mind to upvalue some pip culture trend, or socual norm standard, whilst down valueing basic self help techniques, as simple as reading, writing, exercising, meditating, contemplating, journaling and so on.

What's worse is that most social media websites now have to copy the format of Tik Tok to stay somewhat competitive, because who or what business wants to lose out? So, it's a vicious cycle of a group being incentivised to copy a bad format for competitive advantage, and making many trade offs in the process.

There's also national security risk behind Tik Tok as well.

@Carl-Richard  Not to say all short form cintent is fully bad or evil, I guess when done right, maybe it's a it'd marketing and promotion tool. Or, some people are born and develop ADD/ADHD that it's another creative angle.

There's another issue,of derermining what information garbage is being put into ine's mind. From what I've consumed, there's not a lot of educational information in short format, and magnitudes more entertainment monkey mind stimulation instead. It's like the breaking news or tabloids on steroids.

They seem to add to the devolution of humanity as a whole.

It's mostly a drug, and one with very acute negative effects at that. 

Edited by UnbornTao

@UnbornTao

6 hours ago, UnbornTao said:

These simply seem to add to the devolution of humanity as a whole.

It's a fucking drug, and one with very acute negative effects at that. 

ABSOLUTELY!

7 hours ago, UnbornTao said:

These simply seem to add to the devolution of humanity as a whole.

It's a fucking drug, and one with very acute negative effects at that. 

@UnbornTao I understand. Some people like @Danioover9000 seems to demonize Tiktok but is no different than youtube, instagram, etc. In my eyes is a matter of education since the internet is a tool, you can loose all the time you want but if you’re not aware of how you’re using it, you might need a big pause from it to breath and contemplate. 

Answering a bit more related to OP, if I had a kid, I’ll give it a phone when I see the kid is mature enough, preferably around 10 years old or more? Again is a matter of education.

Edited by Juan

@Juan I'm sure they can be useful for certain people in specific use cases. Consider though that they were designed to be as addicting as possible in the first place. I just find them unnecessary most of the time. Their effects are probably negative overall, in my view. But hey, people do what they want.

I hear tell that the founders of those networks don't let their kids use them. I wonder why.

10 minutes ago, UnbornTao said:

@Juan I'm sure they can be useful for certain people in specific use cases. Consider though that they were designed to be as addicting as possible in the first place. I just find them unnecessary most of the time. Their effects are probably negative overall, in my view. But hey, people do what they want.

I hear tell that the founders of those networks don't let their kids use them. I wonder why.

@UnbornTao Yes Im aware of that! There are even interviews. As a freelance artist, it is definitely useful, you decide if you wanna make conscious content or not so beneficial to humanity. 

@Juan

4 hours ago, Juan said:

@UnbornTao I understand. Some people like @Danioover9000 seems to demonize Tiktok but is no different than youtube, instagram, etc. In my eyes is a matter of education since the internet is a tool, you can loose all the time you want but if you’re not aware of how you’re using it, you might need a big pause from it to breath and contemplate. 

Answering a bit more related to OP, if I had a kid, I’ll give it a phone when I see the kid is mature enough, preferably around 10 years old or more? Again is a matter of education.

First, OP was more demonizing of Tik Tok and social media, and bringing up several leftist created issues as well. So, I was the one that placed more emphasis on the negatives of social media and Tik Tok overuse specifically, how it reduces focus ability and discipline, how it increases ADD/ADHD, how moral degradation occurs, and how children are getting more of the negative impacts of overuse, all these from a big picture multiplex perspective. Also, I chose to try and make this thread focus more on Tik Tok here because Tik Tok kick started the fad and trend that other social media sites, such as YouTube shorts, Instagram feed, Pinterest, and so on, in this information ecology, putting technological development pressures on big companies online to adopt a very similar to similar format to gain viewers rapidly, or risk losing out some competitive advantage in the market place of technology.

And Tik Tok is created, again, by Hua Wei, from China, and they don't have the same privacy protections from western based websites, so if the CCP wants data from certain users, they just give it to them. This poses some risks.

As a parent, the parents are responsible for disciplining their children a bit more, and to prevent at least too much exposure to those sites to their children if they can. I think being conservative here is more important, it's not worth risking the brain health of your children.

@UnbornTao

4 hours ago, UnbornTao said:

To really steel man this Tik Tok, the usefulness is really limited to two: marketing and promotion quickly eye catching click baiting shorts. And, if intentional, develop faster mental reflexes, but this is like an active spot the differences, in a content tailored specifically to your user content. Another form of entertainment, but again it's the mind equivalent to junk food. All this has to be intentional before hand for the user, and they know what they're getting into. If it's not for marketing, and no idea why you're consuming Tik Tok, don't use or consume Tik Tok content, simple.

Most things overall, probably not as useful and is more negative, and some areas can be detrimental to mental health.

@Juan

4 hours ago, Juan said:

@UnbornTao Yes Im aware of that! There are even interviews. As a freelance artist, it is definitely useful, you decide if you wanna make conscious content or not so beneficial to humanity. 

I'd agree only if it's for marketing, anything else is a no still.