D2sage

Tiktok is corrupting, 6 year olds twerking now

58 posts in this topic

I have a sister age 6 now. She aint allowed a phone, she got a watch with gps tracker and call function instead.

She told me that the other girls are twerking on the boys now ?

And one teacher have said that it is ok to not identify as a specific gender ?

They have also asked them how they would react if they saw a boy with a dress.

These teacher makes me sick. They have taken the role as a parent.

Anyone with kids or young siblings in that age who have noticed some strangeness¿

People with no kids or Young siblings seems to not care. But if you have then any man would sit in prision for life if someone hurt them.

I read India has blocked the app due to shitty content and i am disgusted that other countries arent following. 

Edited by D2sage

@D2sage

We gotta hit the balance point between conservatism and liberalism. We want maximium freedom without breaking any useful structures that we have built throughout many years. You know that you've got old when you start to cringe on what young people are doing, because that is a sign that you've stopped going forward with the progress. I mean sometimes people do stupid shit, but to bring perspective, probably you did something "unacceptable" from the perspective of older people. Change brings good and bad things, but on overall the world is learning from its own mistakes so let's stop worrying and start accepting what is. That is the only way you'll ever build inner peace for yourself and people around you.

Who told you that "others" are real?

@Kksd74628 

Would you accept what is and not worry, even if you lost it all and had to live in a sewer?

Or would you not accept what is and go find a job? Thought so

I cringe when I see fake lips and attention seeking females on tiktok. 6year olds who twerk because of tiktok is concerning??

in china the algoritm is different and more educational. I want a similar progress.

I want my sister to grow up with better role models online. Im worried about her inner state.

You wont change jack by passevly watching.

Edited by D2sage

@D2sage

That "educational" sounded somehow more "serious". I understand that you gotta survive, but think life as a game that is patching to newest patch everyday. Don't resist, but give honest critique on how to make the system better without breaking the whole thing. I heard one person in Destiny's podcast to say that schools suck and we should stop whole school system and home school all children. All of that was because school is so called brainwashing element in our society. I understand the problem, it is huge and should be fixed, but shouldn't be destroyed. 

Of course some things are stupid that change brings, but we can't but to play with the cards that are dealt. Do the best with the resources that we have in the situation given. Solution to problem isn't the one which dodges the whole thing, but that which makes it to work. Dodging is activity which is caused by fear that you showed (I don't want my sister to have bad life). Dodging is also laziness, because we don't want to work with that puzzle at all. First we thought that games are bad for you and then we made games that help you learn skills that you need; for example grammar games that teach languages.

So to summarize

See things as challenges and mini games to win rather than enemies or corruption. Have courage to really think of solutions and help society to integrate those rather than demonizing some part of life which causes just more division to humanity. That doesn't lead to anything good as we have seen in various examples; for example wars, bullying and attacking minorities.

Edited by Kksd74628

@Kksd74628

Well my solution to forbid toktok has worked wonders for her mental health.

And many skills today are not needed for you to learn.  For example, soon you got a full self-driving car and so learning to drive will be optional.

Ai art, no need skills to paint anymore.

And also grammar, you got grammarly but im on my Phone. 

I make a living as a copywriter, but someone else will correct the text. So you dont need to learn everything.

But still my kid and being overly philosphical wont stop her from falling prey for mentally unstable women online.

Edited by D2sage

@D2sage

That is one style of raising children, but I would argue that there are better alternatives. Protecting child/teen from dangers makes them think that failure is horrible and they will be scared, stressed and confused in the future. They can't take any risks and they won't trust to themself. Better way imo is to give them good perspectives and let them see themself what is good and what isn't. Best you can do is to show different perspectives and have good conversations and be interested in why they think like they do. Don't change, but show another door to walk through. If they respect you and see the advantage for themself, they'll do the correct decision, trust me.

So don't teach solutions, but thinking skills to solve problems by yourself for yourself. Being curious is the most important energy you have inside yourself and children have incredible amount of that until they are teached to act "professionally". Children will naturally do what is forbidden, because that is interesting. The more you try to control the less you have that in the end. It is the same effect as in the relationships. If you blame and say many times for your partner not to cheat then eventually the will cheat and leave you. The whole thing you are doing right now is trying to move person with bad eye sight not to fall into any traps instead of giving them glasses to see for themself.

@Kksd74628

I get you.

But my problem and itch is mostly the neuroplastic thing. And a young brain like that is extremely formable by environment.

Sure I can give her glasses to see but her brain is different. The traps will stick like glue now  in the  neuroplasticity phase. 

Edited by D2sage

@D2sage

2 minutes ago, D2sage said:

And a young brain like that is extremely formable by enviromment.

And exactly because of that we need thinking skills, not ready solutions.

1 minute ago, D2sage said:

@Rafael Thundercat

Problems that can be avoided by todays actions.

You are right on this thing partly. Some problems can be avoided and some of them are created by new situations which comes from development. If you think that we can plan ahead everything you're naive. There will be things, concepts and systems that we have no idea right now. That is what is development, sir. Development isn't only scary, but it also makes your life better. Better technology, health care and possibilities. We are doing weird things nowadays because we aren't experienced with these new things. Development isn't the problem, but our incapability to keep up with it.

I agree that Tik Tok is corrupting the youth, as well as general overconsumption of social media and it's design as a neurosis or Narcissism increasing machine. It does depend on Spiral Dynamics stages of development, cognitive and moral development, personality types and traits, states of consciousness, and other lines of development in various areas of life, plus ideologies indoctrinated from upbringing.

Let me take each argument some users have on this issue, and extremify, polarize, even bad faith and make uncharitable claims and reasoning  for more clarity, and how I would structure those arguments more strongly:

@D2sage  Tik Tok is corrupting the children, 6-12 year old girls, classed as minors, are now twerking in Tik Tok shorts, and wearing skin tight outfits, and engaging in sexual innuendoes with those who view their content, as Tik Tok also had an OnlyFans but has recently taken it done due to multiple complaints in response to allegations of adult content of children. Tik Tok is evil, and it will corrupt the moral standards and integrity of these young children, as their minds are neuroplasticity enough that almost all ideas and concepts gets indoctrinated into their brains. Also, Tik Tok is corrupt and devilish because of how it can degrade focusing ability of the mind, therefore increasing cases of ADD/ADHD in the future generations. So, in the future, we would end up being okay with children acting over sexual in public.

On 2/15/2023 at 7:16 PM, D2sage said:

I have a sister age 6 now. She aint allowed a phone, she got a watch with gps tracker and call function instead.

She told me that the other girls are twerking on the boys now ?

And one teacher have said that it is ok to not identify as a specific gender ?

They have also asked them how they would react if they saw a boy with a dress.

These teacher makes me sick. They have taken the role as a parent.

Anyone with kids or young siblings in that age who have noticed some strangeness¿

People with no kids or Young siblings seems to not care. But if you have then any man would sit in prision for life if someone hurt them.

I read India has blocked the app due to shitty content and i am disgusted that other countries arent following. 

The only problem here, is that there are multiple sub arguments of this issue, we went from Tik Tok is corrupting the youth, 6 year old girls twerking, to an anecdotal statement of your sister, aged 6, who said other girls her age are now twerking on boys, don't know if it's live or on Tik Tok shorts, to Teachers teaching gender roles and gender pronouns and what or what not to identify as, to disagreeing with some part of their teaching method and them acting as secondary parents, to assuming anyone with children and families should care, to those who don't have children don't care, to making an unclear statement of an adult man would be in prison if someone hurts them(because there are also criminal cases of minor on minor violence, minor on minor sexual assaults and so on, not just adult on minor crimes), to India has blocked Tik Tok and assuming the cause was claims of shitty content, when another could be linked strongly to China and India's growing conflicts with each other. Main issue is, you're not being consistent with the main issue of Tik Tok corrupting the youth, and not linking how these other topics you bring up have any relation to how Tik Tok is corrupting the youth?

@Kksd74628 I'm going to, almost like the OP, make  many generalized statements, and take a flexible and weaselly looking position, and be moderate with my replies, even if, in some contexts and hypotheticals, I look stupid and sometimes enabling a bad situation into a worse one. For example, if I'm committed to being in this weasel position, I also accept that when a child is twerking on a boy, either in a Tik Tok short or in the room I'm in, I'm enabling those children to sexually experiment with each other. Hypothetically, I also must accept that ultimately, I'm enabling other extreme left teachers to teach LGBTQ ideologies into their brains, and other fringe ideas as well, that could psychologically effect their cognitive and moral development into the future, because I'm not willing to take a stronger stance.

You, on the other hand, are being too weaselly with addressing the OP's argument points, adopting the frame of a moderate or agnostic. You claim we need to balance conservatism with liberalism, when the main topic was specifically about Tik Tok corrupting young minds, in a young age, altering their psyche, stage of development, cognitive and moral development, personalities, states of being, and other lines of development in various areas of life, plus indoctrinating ideologies into their young minds, giving them false expectations of how consumerism and capitalism works, expecting fast paced content, whilst degrading their ability to focus for deep work.

@Danioover9000 

Well, on my snapchat map now, I can see a 6-8 year old dancing like those girls on tiktok.

This is good news for predators.

The twerking is not being recorded.

Even my 6 year old who never seen tiktok found it to be a wierd classmate behaviour :)

Edited by D2sage

I have a younger sister as well aged similarly. All of this is very shocking but also very expected given how the world is going. From what I know India banned it because of tensions going on between China. They also banned dozens of other chinese apps, and they still do it time to time. Well it's good that they did. But the degeneracy is still there in the form of other apps that copy tiktok, and they are mostly used among the lower income group.

Among other income groups however, instagram is the go-to. The degeneracy is CRAZY. I remember when I was starting high school how people started asking for instagram accounts of each other, I was pressured to make one but I never did because of some intuition that it's a waste of time. I had this understanding because I had already burned all my attention seeking karma much before when I was 11 - 13 on another app, and I was paranoid enough to never make my real identity public back then so that saved a ton of cringe down the line. I think going through this attention seeking phase is important and should not be suppressed. But it needs to be done in a way that doesn't cause you any damage. These kids are going through that phase and are dumb enough to do it in a way that causes damage.

Kids seek tons of attention and if you let them have at it they'll do it in the most dangerous and dumbest ways possible. It's important they get natural levels of attention in natural ways or ways that don't cause much damage. You don't just hand them tiktok, an account and an internet connection. I agree with you here that this is really fucked.

In my phase, when I needed attention, I HAD to do it online because I didn't know how to get it otherwise. So I think it's important the kid forms A LOT  of connections, interacts a lot and is given very healthy amounts of attention from a diverse range of people from various ages. If this need is taken care of, I doubt the kid will be very interested in this degenerate behavior of seeking attention online. They'll still go for social media and might seek fame, but I doubt they'll be engaging in degeneracy.

And also China's version of TikTok — offers a different version of the social media app that is unavailable to the rest of the world, especially for children.

‘what is the most aspirational career that you want to have?’ and in the U.S., the No. 1 was a social media influencer, and in China, the No. 1 was astronaut,”

Kinda dynamic. Will be interesting to see in the future which cultures invents new and useful tech.

I bet its some tiktoker with Donald Duck looking botox lips who comes up with a cure for cancer.

And being a social media influencer is not bad.

But if you look at most influential influencer, they portray a false view of reality. Everything is happy. Is not like that and this gives children also a false thing to seek. They basically chase an illusion, which leads to mental health issues.

People with real talent are also suffering. They just don't get the same encouragement as a talentless tiktoker who lip sync and moves their head a bit, getting like 10m views. An artist who paints realistic art with his feet gets like 1k views.

There are many layers of problems to this. Not just only that 6 years old twerking in school.

Edited by D2sage

Twerking is a mating ritual destined to turn men on. That being said, kids out of their reproductive age shoud never engage in these rituals, not even simulate them.

The teacher is a stupid cultural-marxist shill. And your 6yo sister doesnt have responsible parents?

No tiktok, no phone. We teach our kid to not point any finger at anyone. She aint the one twerking so pretty good from our side. She plays outdoor mostly and is a member of a football club.

more responsible than most parents that I have seen nowadays.

the father works too much so I am her role model. Thus far she is doing great at math in school. Speaks english almost fluently and she is born in Sweden.

Edited by D2sage

4 hours ago, Shawn Philips said:

Twerking is a mating ritual destined to turn men on. That being said, kids out of their reproductive age shoud never engage in these rituals, not even simulate them.

The teacher is a stupid cultural-marxist shill. And your 6yo sister doesnt have responsible parents?

Just my little opinion: I don't think twerking is hot at all. It's unattractive and a turn off.

Edited by Blackhawk

@Blackhawk

15 hours ago, Blackhawk said:

Just my little opinion: I don't think twerking is hot at all. It's unattractive and a turn off.

Yeah, twerking is for the teenage girls and young women in gangsta cultures, or maybe pop culture, who want the D too desperately, that it's a turn off, In fact, twerking is anti sexually stimulating. Nothing stimulating or attractive about seeing rumps having a seizure attack.

@D2sage

19 hours ago, D2sage said:

No tiktok, no phone. We teach our kid to not point any finger at anyone. She aint the one twerking so pretty good from our side. She plays outdoor mostly and is a member of a football club.

more responsible than most parents that I have seen nowadays.

the father works too much so I am her role model. Thus far she is doing great at math in school. Speaks english almost fluently and she is born in Sweden.

That's great. If there's a way to block sites like Tik Tok and other social media sites who now have shorts, it may be fine. I voraciously consume Wikipedia pages about the world and history and biographies of legendary figures in history. I sometimes look into the etymology of words too.