Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
vishnusavestheday

How to apologize?

4 posts in this topic

Wondering if you guys had any advice on apology, and how one could apologize consciously to somebody else. I know Leo has a video on how to forgive someone, but I want to know how I can amend a relationship.

I know that if I don't resolve this, I can't manage an intimate relationship. I want to get past it.

Thanks.

we are literally God's name, continuously pronouncing.

• Take full responsibility. 
  • Absolutely no blame. 
  • Let go of being right.
  • Acknowledge what you did, where you were out of integrity with this person, and where you were not your word. 
  • Acknowledge the impact you think it's had on them, you, and the relationship. 
  • Ask them what the impact it was on them. 
  • Then ask them if there is anything they need to say, to be complete on this matter. 
  • Listen. Don't talk, just listen. Show them you understand what they are communicating to you. 
  • Acknowledge you understand. Recite back to them what they said, to show you understand how they feel. 
  • Give your word to them. Reestablish integrity. 
  • Make a mental note on this incident, what you gave your word to, so that you can avoid anything like it in the future, and can maintain your integrity with this person, and they can trust you. 

1. acknowledge the wrong done, the hurt caused, the guilt regret remorse felt

2. vow to not repeat

3. state willing to accept breaking-the-vow consequences

honesty, acceptance, no blaming, NO PUTTING YOURSELF DOWN but you should b humble, validate the other person and make it clear that you understand them. the first response was pretty good better than anything i could tell ya.