UpperMaster

Can I use trauma to motivate myself? Why or why not?

31 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Emerald said:

But I associate self-discipline as a coping mechanism and as a sign that I still hate myself. So, it creates quite a bit of turmoil.

I understand, these is all interesting experiences and insights. Do you think that it is even possible to completely get rid of trauma and it's effects? It seems like you have done a lot of work trying to do so. Also is it really self hatred, or is it just trying your hardest to prevent situations that have hurt you. 

Also could you tell me some benefits you got from resolving trauma?

37 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

If you got truama, you got trauma. It's already there. It will fuel you one way or another. Just channel the energy towards good rather than evil.

Thanks, that is what I am planning to do. But I'm very confused where all this resolving trauma thing comes in? 

Should I try resolving Trauma? It it even possible to deeply resolve all your trauma? 

38 minutes ago, UpperMaster said:

Should I try resolving Trauma? It it even possible to deeply resolve all your trauma? 

Depends on what you want out of life.

Do your traumas cause you discomfort in your daily life? Do they block you in some way? Do they have some negative impact on your life that you want to get rid of?

As per the second question, the question you should be asking is not "is it possible to resolve all traumas" but rather "is it possible to resolve traumas to a degree where I am functional and not dysfunctional anymore?" to which the aswer is yes.

Healing traumas will be a long, hard, quiet, lonely, fulfilling journey. So think strategically before embarking in it.

If you want to resolve your traumas, you need to become more aware of the mechanisms of your psyche (the WHY), to learn to identify traumas/blocked emotions/blocked energies/muscular tensions/repressed feelings/etc. (the WHAT), to learn to love your wounds unconditionally (the HOW).

Take a look at the link in my signature below. There you'll find very useful pointers for the healing journey. Also, seeing a psychotherapist is usually helpful.

My main source of info for my healing journey has been Teal Swan, I recommend her if you want to learn how to heal (older videos are more geared towards healing, newer videos are more geared towards relationship management).

Been on the healing journey for 5 committed years: traumas, deep wounds, negative beliefs, emotional blockages, internal fragmentation, blocked chakras, tight muscles, deep tensions, dysfunctional relationship dynamics. --> Check out my posts for info on how to heal:

https://www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82579-what-causes-anhedonia-how-can-it-be-cured/?page=2#comment-1167003

57 minutes ago, UpperMaster said:

Should I try resolving Trauma?

YES.

It it even possible to deeply resolve all your trauma? 

YES.

- - - -

In the end all your trauma is horeshit.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

On 14/02/2023 at 2:05 AM, Emerald said:

Careful. If you’re successful at motivating yourself in response to trauma… then it might be difficult to heal it without totally losing your motivation.

I used to unconsciously motivate myself primarily with fear of inadequacy and self-hatred. And my self-discipline was iron clad. No one I knew was as disciplined as me.

Then, I became conscious of how my motives were based in shame and self-hatred… and I couldn’t do it any longer. This is especially true since healing much of the deeper issues. And my motivations totally tanked because I was used to hating myself into action and I couldn’t do it anymore.

And even now (over a decade later) self-discipline is much more difficult to cultivate because I associate it with coping and shame.

I second this

Be-Do-Have

Made it out the inner hood

There is no failure, only feedback

1 hour ago, UpperMaster said:

Thanks, that is what I am planning to do. But I'm very confused where all this resolving trauma thing comes in? 

@UpperMaster Yes.

Do you want to be fulfilled? usually, imo, you cannot be fulfilled without dealing with your traumas.

Be-Do-Have

4 minutes ago, Ulax said:

@UpperMaster Yes.

Do you want to be fulfilled? usually, imo, you cannot be fulfilled without dealing with your traumas.

Begs the question - how? 

@Kshantivadin

You can do things like IFS therapy, humanistic therapy, gestalt, meditation, somatic therapies

Be-Do-Have

Traumas are your biggest treasures but you have to transmute the trauma energy in the right way

In Tate we trust

@UpperMaster  It works, but the dark side is that you never "get there".

Getting away from something definitely is a way to get going, however, you'll never actually feel satisfied with where you got, because what you were trying to resolve with your action was in the past, and present action can't fix the past.

So yes, if the choice is between apathy and trauma motivation, I'd say get after it son.

It's how I got out of apathy.

But also, there's a high chance of pursuing inauthentic goals and taking unnecessary detours.

And the delusion will be that once you resolve the trauma, you'll lose motivation.

The opposite is true, but it's very counter-intuitive and will be hard to believe from where you're at.

The more you heal trauma, the more motivation you have for doing what's really important to you, and the clearer you can actually see what's really meaningful to you.

Healing trauma is like wiping the windshield clear.

Therefore, I suggest a combined approach.

Learn to resolve trauma. Together.

Testimonials thread: www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82672-experience-collection-childhood-aware-life-purpose-coaching/

11 hours ago, Ulax said:

@Kshantivadin

You can do things like IFS therapy, humanistic therapy, gestalt, meditation, somatic therapies

..., primal therapy, regression therapy, self-regression, self-primaling, inner child work, shadow work, bioenergetics, ERT bodywork, reiki, following my youtube channel where I will upload a complete guide on how to resolve trauma in the future,...

Edited by flowboy

Learn to resolve trauma. Together.

Testimonials thread: www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82672-experience-collection-childhood-aware-life-purpose-coaching/