Vlad_

Negative Mind

5 posts in this topic

There's one thing which makes me very unhappy - my mind. I've been achieving my goals and dreams but my mind doesn't seem to be satisfied. It always wants more and more. Moreover, usually it's very negative and judges me for not being perfect. For example:

1. Eating habits. I'm trying to eat healthy and 90% of the time I eat organic food and no fast food, but sometimes (once a week) I eat some pizza and afterwards I feel guilty and I tell myself that I will never be healthy if I continue doing this.

2. Women. I used to go to clubs but couldn't approach women and my mind was telling me that I would never be able to approach. Since I started approaching my mind is telling me that my approaches are lame and I won't ever be good at game. 

3. Career and life. I used to live in a small city in Ukraine and couldn't even speak English, I couldn't even dream about moving to a developed country because my mind was telling me that I was a looser. I've recently moved to Canada and found a decent job, but my mind is telling me that it's still bullshit because I'm not financially independent. 

Basically, my mind diminishes all my achievements and always criticizes me. I feel good only when I do what I've planed, but when I don't do even a small thing my mind comes back attacking me. 

How do I deal with it? 

You can question your thoughts and recognise that your thoughts are not you , your deep contemplative  thoughts are you .

Yes, it's good to notice that you are not your thoughts, but before doing so, you can also contemplate why those thoughts are coming into your mind.

Why do you think you have that critical voice in your head? What is his job?

Try to do it in a loving, compassionate way, and if you can see why the critical voice is there, acknowledge its existence, be thankful for its service and then let it go.

@Vlad_ Inferiority complex. Do you have a psychotherapist?

"I believe you are more afraid of condemning me to the stake than for me to receive your cruel and disproportionate punishment."

- Giordano Bruno, Campo de' Fiori, Rome, Italy. February 17th, 1600.

Cosmic pluralist, mathematician and poet.

i think most people can relate to this, good that youve got awareness over it. Have you heard of the sedona method? and letting go of thoughts?