Nilsi

Beware of the Thoughtpolice

21 posts in this topic

By 2024—earlier, probably—all real knowledge of self-actualization will have disappeared. The whole literature of the past will have been destroyed. Wilber, Nietzsche, Schmachtenberger, Peterson—they'll exist only in Modspeak versions, not merely changed into something different, but actually contradictory of what they used to be. Even the literature of The Booklist will change. Even the slogans will change. How could you have a slogan like "Actualized.org is a non-ideological teaching grounded in direct experience and contemplation" when the concept of thinking for yourself has been abolished? The whole climate of thought will be different. In fact, there will be no thought, as we understand it now. Being a mod means not thinking—not needing to think. Being a mod is unconsciousness.

“We are most nearly ourselves when we achieve the seriousness of the child at play.” - Heraclitus

Where in the guidelines can’t you speak about Wilber, Nietzsche, Schmachtenberger, Peterson?

Actualized.org is a very small community by the way. The internet is very open for you to think whatever you want. 

Do you think you are really self reflecting in a quality way?

You SHOULD think for yourself. But if you break the guidelines, are rude to others and are a jerk we moderate you. That’s what a mod does. 

Instead of twisting our moderation based on your fantasy of what we are doing why don’t you actually consider for a second what the guidelines are by reading them over. Then, ask yourself as you observe if we are in accordance with that. Don’t like the guidelines? Too bad. 

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

@Nilsi You are correct. As soon as i became mod my mind ceased to think.

Since becoming mod, every time i have to make a decision i go to my shrine to Leo, and sit for half an hour just thinking 'What would Leo do?'! Just yesterday I was at the grocery store, and the clerk asked me if I wanted a receipt. Startled I ran back to my home, and contemplated for 30 minutes, then returned. I came back to the store as soon as I could. Well actually i couldn't go as quickly because the store closed when i tried to come back the first time. But when i did return the next day, I gleefully walked up and said 'Yes, please' to the cashier. They told me they were very confused and didn't know what i was talking about, and then i reminded them about the receipt. And they said 'oh yeah', and the receipt was mine!

Be-Do-Have

Made it out the inner hood

There is no failure, only feedback

Rule 1: No thinking 

Rule 2: Ban people for no reason 

Rule 3: Be ideological 

Rule 4: Lock all quality threads 

Rule 5: specifically be unfair to you out of everyone else

Rule 6: Enforce a thought police agenda. Don’t think like Leo? Well, that’s your first mistake bucko

◭"89"

@Thought Art My guy speaking facts!

Be-Do-Have

14 minutes ago, Thought Art said:

Rule 6: Enforce a thought police agenda. Don’t think like Leo? Well, that’s your first mistake bucko

fight-club-rules.gif

1 hour ago, mr_engineer said:

fight-club-rules.gif

Meta AF. 

Though, I will be cutting back on my sarcasm as I realize it’s not in alignment with my values as a mod.

Edited by Thought Art

◭"89"

Giving an Orwellian-caliber critique on the forum guidelines is a bit much.

If you’re interested in developing Emotional Mastery and feeling more comfortable in your own skin, click the link below to register for my FREE Emotional Mastery Webinar…

Emotionalmastery.org

Naah everything's fine. I went out for a run earlier. The sun was bright. The sky was blue. The sound of snow crackling under my feet was just exquisite. Ah and this forum is cool too. 

Sailing on the ceiling 

Sorry I apologise for my earlier comments on double standards. I just woke up and posted something randomly.

Indeed, we can always strive for a better world even though we may not be perfect.

9 hours ago, Nilsi said:

In fact, there will be no thought

Yes, we named it "meditation".

❤️

9 hours ago, Ulax said:

Since becoming mod, every time i have to make a decision i go to my shrine to Leo, and sit for half an hour just thinking 'What would Leo do?'! Just yesterday I was at the grocery store, and the clerk asked me if I wanted a receipt. Startled I ran back to my home, and contemplated for 30 minutes, then returned. I came back to the store as soon as I could. Well actually i couldn't go as quickly because the store closed when i tried to come back the first time. But when i did return the next day, I gleefully walked up and said 'Yes, please' to the cashier. They told me they were very confused and didn't know what i was talking about, and then i reminded them about the receipt. And they said 'oh yeah', and the receipt was mine!

9 hours ago, Thought Art said:

7auzni.jpg

1 minute ago, Swarnim said:

7auzni.jpg

@Swarnim Yeee boiii

Be-Do-Have

Seems like the thought police already got to you and threw you in a prison of your own mind.

If people didn't behave like animals then police wouldn't be necessary.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

3 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

If people didn't behave like animals then police wouldn't be necessary.

"Make a gift of your life and lift all mankind by being kind, considerate, forgiving, and compassionate at all times, in all places, and under all conditions, with everyone as well as yourself. That is the greatest gift anyone can give." - Dr. David R. Hawkins

On 11/02/2023 at 0:52 PM, Ulax said:

@UlaxThat's so inefficient! What's way better is to just create a Tulpa of Leo such that Leo is present in your everyday consciousness at all times. 

I forgive my past, I release the future, and I honor how I feel in the present. 

On 2/11/2023 at 8:40 PM, Nilsi said:

Being a mod means not thinking—not needing to think. Being a mod is unconsciousness.

Yes.

brain-trash.gif

On 2/11/2023 at 11:40 AM, Nilsi said:

Being a mod means not thinking—not needing to think. Being a mod is unconsciousness.

Am mod, can confirm this is my brain 24/7.

hrhrhtewgfegege