Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Wind

How Is The Government Being Corrupt A Consequence Of The Ego?

5 posts in this topic

I've just re-watched Leo's video on "What's Wrong With Ego?" and I came up with an objection regarding how ego is related to problems.

Leo argues that "The corruption of the government is an indirect consequence of individual's ego". I see that there's two ways of seeing this as true, but the model of "A causes B, B causes C, C>D>E>F and all the way to the Z" doesn't quite make sense if thinking about individual's ego literally causing general corruption rather than causing the identification with the ILLUSION OF IT'S PROBLEM, because of the fact that corruption existed there before the individual was even born. So how can you say that it was caused by it's ego? Can anyone give me an example of how it might work? Unless Leo was taking about corruption being a collective ego consequence, I can't dig it. If taken an example of an anti-government fanatic, would it be something like: "His ego > want to feel special and identify with something to survive > forms an illusionary belief that all government is corrupt > identifies with the problem it created > decides to fight the corruption > government's ego reacts as it gets triggered > yada > yada > yada > it backfires as the government becomes more corrupt as a consequence of the fanatic's ego." Is that how it would work? Because I see that ego is related to the problem not in a lineal cause and effect way, but related by creating the problem and identifying with it. @Leo Gura is that what you mean by that?

I see how "The PROBLEM of corruption of the government is the consequence of one's ego" as ego judges everything in terms of value - what's good and what's bad for the ego. And corruption is being seen as something bad and threatening and therefore ego identifies with that problem which causes him to suffer due to resistance.

Edited by Wind

@Wind How can corruption be anything other than ego? << That's the better question.

Why does corruption exist? Why are you corrupt yourself? Because your ego's job is to serve its own agenda at the cost of others.

Should be pretty obvious stuff. People with low quality consciousness act to serve themselves. What else would they do?

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

58 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

@Wind How can corruption be anything other than ego? << That's the better question.

Why does corruption exist? Why are you corrupt yourself? Because your ego's job is to serve its own agenda at the cost of others.

Should be pretty obvious stuff. People with low quality consciousness act to serve themselves. What else would they do?

They transfer the selfishness to others. I get that ego is causing the corruption, especially the ego's that are working in the system of the government. But how my ego is causing that if I'm not working there? Is my ego, who thinks that it has nothing to do with government growing corrupt, is still indirectly perpetuating (=causing) the corruption collectively every time I'm being corrupt in my daily life? And the degree to which ego is influencing the governmental corruption is proportional to the degree to which one is related to (=identified with) the government (hardcore politic first, then anti-governmental fanatic, then random citizen) and how corrupt in general one is?

Now I see it more clearly, because I took the word "consequence" as being the ultimate consequence of one's ego, rather than a perpetuating force of the sum of all egos.

Your ego isn't directly causing it (if we disregard your potential voting record or lack thereof), but if you were placed in a position of power, your ego would also abuse it by acting selfishly. Unless you took uncommon measures to develop yourself.

Yes, collective ego is a big problem.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

People in power rise to power because they have a deep desire to feed their ego. Although there are people who seek power with a genuine interest to serve people and bring change however such people exist in far less numbers. Corruption is a tool used to feed the delusional desires of the ego. Greed is a manifestation of a diseased ego. And greed breeds corruption. 

1. Only ONE path is true. Rest is noise
  2. God is beauty, rest is Ugly