Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Simon Zackrisson

Facing The Shattering Of Human Created Illusion, Techniques To Accept Even The Ugly In Existence

9 posts in this topic

Well, the title kind of explains it. 

Just thought it could be something to consider, maybe talk a little in a video or something. How to face the seemingly subjective horrors of the world and how to find acceptance in it.

Endless nuance

Might as well link to this, since it was what inspired this consideration

Endless nuance

This is a great idea :)

1. Only ONE path is true. Rest is noise
  2. God is beauty, rest is Ugly 

Another name idea for this might be Radical Acceptance.

Endless nuance

realise that everything outside in not really outside, it's inside you as well :)
Understand that all the "ugliness" is not in what is happening but rather your resistance to the sensations you are feeling.

"A ship is safe in harbor, but that's not what ships are made for"    - John A. Shedd

@Vercingetorix Interesting. And yes, I feel obliged to agree with you on the intellectual level. 

But. 

Look into a child's eyes, and receive the projection of the only ever sad hopeless disbelief in disappointment for it's own race.

A little universe of unease and fear, a bundle of thoughts and feelings, treated with nothing but caliceness, the only thing it has ever known. 

This would of course be a hypothetical scenario where a child was exposed to plain simple suffering, only to then die in pain and confusion to seal the deal. 

Come and talk with me about how beautiful the universe is then. :/

Or how it's all inside me, we're all one, everything that happens is me, i am both the background and the content.

Note: This text is written out of curiosity and desire for truth, I feel no emotional crusade at the moment like: "omg life is fucking bad u just dont see it lol its all fucking terrible doesnt matter how much shit u talk about one life and we being all one lol what id like to see u grow up a child in abuse and then die in abuse". :P 

I just would like to be able to reconcile the terror in this world with its seemingly beauty. Or at least my emotional reaction to it.

Endless nuance

@Simon Zackrisson
The way I try to reconcile it is by understanding that in reality there in no suffering, no terror, nothing bad can really happen, the worse a man or an animal can really experience is just very strong sensations (can you even say they are unpleasant?).  When you take away the story and the resistance behind it's not so bad.
The problem is that every human being lives in the stories in his mind and there tonnes of suffering can happen. But every moment you have the chance to see through the illusion and go to reality where there is no good or bad.

But we can only control ourselves, so our duty is to see through the illusion, whenever you see yourself creating a story like "existence is ugly" see itself for what it is, just another story and go back to reality, to your breathing, your senses and know there is no ugliness there.

"A ship is safe in harbor, but that's not what ships are made for"    - John A. Shedd

I wanna learn this!

“The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.” 
― Socrates