LSD-Rumi

I started hallucinating a spider, what does this mean?

9 posts in this topic

This started very recently and has occured two times. It happens in the dark before I go to bed or when I wake up in the middle of the night. I start seeing a black-brown spider and it walks very rapidly, it also floats sometime. The hallucination is very solid, like looking at a real spider. I am afraid this is the start of something more sinister, like scizophrenia considering I have suffered already from multiple mental illneses already.

Edited by LSD-Rumi

20 hours ago, LSD-Rumi said:

This started very recently and has occured two times. It happens in the dark before I go to bed or when I wake up in the middle of the night. I start seeing a black-brown spider and it walks very rapidly, it also floats sometime. The hallucination is very solid, like looking at a real spider. I am afraid this is the start of something more sinister, like scizophrenia considering I have suffered already from multiple mental illneses already.

What happens when you just let it be without worrying too much about it ? 
does it still remain ? Maybe it remains but with less fear in the background 

@acidgoofy yeah, you are right. Antidepressants may cause mild hallucinations. I thought I was going crazy or something xD

Seeing spiders is a common side effect of sleep deprivation.

So check that you’re sleeping enough.

Yes and there’s plenty of medications that can make you see shit as well.

Learn to resolve trauma. Together.

Testimonials thread: www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82672-experience-collection-childhood-aware-life-purpose-coaching/

Falling asleep hallucinations are hypnagogia. Waking up hallucinations are hypnopompia.

Also could be caused by the mentioned medications or other drugs.

Hallucinations are a lot more normal than schizophrenia, so probably not schizophrenia. Probably nothing to worry about.

It’s more likely you have mental illness-themed hypochondria than anything lmaoo..

Anyway, maybe better sleeping habits would make them go away.

Some people use hypnagogia and sleep paralysis to induce astral projection, so you could explore that maybe.