UpperMaster

Leo, how happy are you?

60 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, SharingKnowledge said:

I used to hold the view that awakening can be used to transcend suffering. Here's what happened to me.

A few years ago I was so awakened I had NO addictions, NO vices, I had 100% control over my mind, my body, my soul even. I could INTENSELY ego death from 5 minutes of sober meditation, and taking 50ug of LSD was a powerful 12-hour breakthrough experience. It's worth mentioning I have insane genetics when it comes to spirituality and have had many many spiritual experiences since before I was 10.

I could even enjoy (very) intense physical pain because it was recontextualized as love and a service to God (myself) in my mind. I reached a level of awakening that's honestly unnatural and unrealistic, every second of my life was like being on heroin. Nothing could hurt me.

I only realise now this level of awakening required an insane level of privilege and luck as well as a willingness to suffer that I only realize now I was taking completely for granted.

Something really terrible happened to me, one of the worst things that can happen to someone. I don't want to go into the nature of this, but it was so horrifically evil it made me suicidal every day for months (even as someone who identified as God and who had an incredible life purpose). I had multiple horror nightmares every night for months and even years after the event: therapy and multiple powerful psychedelic trips have still left me less than 10% of where I was at in terms of my embodiment.

Sure I got to keep many of the insights, but if anything that makes it hurt more. I have high hopes I will return to where I was one day, but Reality is brutal and sometimes you get smacked hard enough to set you back 5 years. Actually, I got lucky, because it could've just as well been 10 years, or my whole life. I think 99% of people in my situation would never recover, so yes I do still believe enlightenment can help you become much more resilient to suffering, but let's not get ahead of ourselves that we'll become completely "invincible" to the tangible (or even intangible) existence we live in.

Don't expect Leo to be some blissed-out always on heroin guy JUST BECAUSE he's awake, infinity will always go beyond your awakening.

God damn. I'm sorry man. And my sincere thanks for sharing your wisdom. I haven't yet received a lesson of humility like yours and your post reminds me of that.

1 hour ago, MarkKol said:

Why do you think you have these issues at such a young age?

I had health problems since I was a teen. And as I get older they keep getting worse. Sometimes you just get bad genetics.

- - - - 

Most people are not hardcore full-time meditating monks. So you will not be escaping suffering.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura Would you trade all your knowledge, insights and spiritual experiences for good health?

"A ship is safe in harbor, but that's not what ships are made for"    - John A. Shedd

30 minutes ago, Vercingetorix said:

@Leo Gura Would you trade all your knowledge, insights and spiritual experiences for good health?

Not if I couldn't gain it back.

4 hours ago, SharingKnowledge said:

A few years ago I was so awakened I had NO addictions, NO vices, I had 100% control over my mind, my body, my soul even. I could INTENSELY ego death from 5 minutes of sober meditation, and taking 50ug of LSD was a powerful 12-hour breakthrough experience. It's worth mentioning I have insane genetics when it comes to spirituality and have had many many spiritual experiences since before I was 10.

I could even enjoy (very) intense physical pain because it was recontextualized as love and a service to God (myself) in my mind. I reached a level of awakening that's honestly unnatural and unrealistic, every second of my life was like being on heroin. Nothing could hurt me.

I only realise now this level of awakening required an insane level of privilege and luck as well as a willingness to suffer that I only realize now I was taking completely for granted.

Something really terrible happened to me, one of the worst things that can happen to someone. I don't want to go into the nature of this, but it was so horrifically evil it made me suicidal every day for months (even as someone who identified as God and who had an incredible life purpose). I had multiple horror nightmares every night for months and even years after the event: therapy and multiple powerful psychedelic trips have still left me less than 10% of where I was at in terms of my embodiment.

Sure I got to keep many of the insights, but if anything that makes it hurt more. I have high hopes I will return to where I was one day, but Reality is brutal and sometimes you get smacked hard enough to set you back 5 years. Actually, I got lucky, because it could've just as well been 10 years, or my whole life. I think 99% of people in my situation would never recover, so yes I do still believe enlightenment can help you become much more resilient to suffering, but let's not get ahead of ourselves that we'll become completely "invincible" to the tangible (or even intangible) existence we live in.

damn what happened? If you don't want to share its fine but I'm curious to know what could derail enlightenment like that.

17 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Of-fucking-course. Which is why I grinded away for years to escape that nonsense.

Both. Material conditions matter.

Having freedom to pursue your top values is key. But you have to earn this freedom.

What about your unconditional happiness video? 

2 hours ago, Droo_ said:

I'm just curious, do you have a similar experience?

I have not traveled to Europe in a long time.

@Leo Gura LEO when are you going to make a video on the alien god experience you had ?? at least make some video on your recent findings pleaseeee

40 minutes ago, Tech36363 said:

@Leo Gura LEO when are you going to make a video on the alien god experience you had ??

No.

That material will only be in the course.

On 08/02/2023 at 2:19 PM, Nilsi said:

+1 

The fact that this gets glorified shows how twisted Buddhist psychology is.

Lol you guys are masters at finding flaws in things 

1 minute ago, Kshantivadin said:

Lol you guys are masters at finding flaws in things 

My pleasure.

“We are most nearly ourselves when we achieve the seriousness of the child at play.” - Heraclitus

46 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

No.

Is the course coming this year @Leo Gura ?

2 hours ago, A_v_E said:

@Leo Gura the french empire await your coming.

the vibe of our tough love may heal you

Eating this good bread with high quality cheese is the key to healing.

you're french ?

If you dont understand, you're not twisted enough.

@Droo_ I have, the food standards are so much better. I stopped having acne essentially and no lactose intolerance. I also was eating at Mcdonalds and even there the standards are much higher than America.

On 2/7/2023 at 7:53 PM, r0ckyreed said:

Nobody has any idea what enlightenment is. That version of enlightenment is a Buddhist fairytale. Suffering is part of life. If you want the end of all suffering, then that is death not enlightenment.

I mean that’s kind of what Buddhism is all about, at least certain interpretations of Theravada Buddhism. Look up Parinibbana. It’s essentially being completely free from existence and never coming back. 

“Parinibbāna (nt.) [pari+nibbāna] "complete Nibbāna" in two meanings: 1. complete extinction of khandhalife; i. e. all possibility of such life & its rebirth, final release from (the misery of) rebirth and transmigration, death (after the last life -- span of an Arahant). This is the so -- called "an -- upādi -- sesa Parinibbāna," or "extinction with no rebirth -- substratum left."

Buddhism is basically saying that suffering is inherent to life, but there is a way to be eternally dead. It is meant to be the path to that. 

Everybody wanna be a mystic, but nobody wanna dissolve themselves to the point of a psych ward visit. 
https://youtu.be/5i5jGU9wn2M?si=-rXSAiT1MMZrdBtY

@Leo Gura

On 2/9/2023 at 10:45 PM, Leo Gura said:

No.

Can't wait for it to come out . You're one of a kind