Brandon L

Doing 5-meo-dmt alone

30 posts in this topic

How do I do 5-meo-dmt alone without a trip sitter? I have no trip sitter. My only concern is throwing up and choking and having no one to watch over me, any advice? I know Leo has done it alone many times from watching his videos.

Edited by Brandon L

I trip on the bed, have a table I can safely put anything on. I usually have a bucket near by just in case. I go through a safety protocol: Cleaning house, moving anything that could be broken or dangerous, reading over tripping rules... Start with low doses and work up slowly. hug a pillow. 

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

@Brandon L Have you taken psychedelics before?

Stories are made for children to fall asleep, and adults to wake up.

@ItsNick Good question

◭"89"

@ItsNick I've been microdosing 5-meo-dmt just to test it out and felt some of the affects, but i didn't have the breakthrough experience, I'm gradually working my way up to the breakthrough experience. Other than that I haven't taken any other psychedelics.

1 hour ago, Brandon L said:

@ItsNick I've been microdosing 5-meo-dmt just to test it out and felt some of the affects, but i didn't have the breakthrough experience, I'm gradually working my way up to the breakthrough experience. Other than that I haven't taken any other psychedelics.

I haven’t worked with 5-MeO-DMT yet but in my experience trying new substances the first time, at least try to have a trip sitter, idk how hard it can be find someone for you really. If I had started with this substance, I think it would spook me away of try more psychedelics so I would prefer start with I guess “less hardcore ones” like mushrooms. 

4 hours ago, Brandon L said:

My only concern is throwing up and choking

You can't throw up if you haven't eaten in 4 hours.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura I’ve done it first thing in the morning. Small puke. 

◭"89"

Like Leo said just don't eat four (or more) hours beforehand if you're really worried. In general choking like this is more of a worry for drugs like opioids where you're just completely knocked out for long periods of time and you choke in your sleep. DMT is a very quick on and off sort of experience.

6 hours ago, Brandon L said:

seems reasonable and safe enough.

"Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down"   --   Marry Poppins

I've done over 200 trips and never vomited.

@Leo Gura what about surrendering to 5-meo-dmt? I heard if you smoke enough 5-meo-dmt you will breakthrough automatically and there's no need to "surrender" or have a panic attack from it as supposed to microdosing it.

I heard if you microdose it people are more likely to have a panic attack from it because its sort of ripping your ego away from you but not entirely as supposed to smoking a big hit from it, smoking a big hit of it would basically hit you like a freight train if im correct.

When I first microdosed 5-meo-dmt I had a panic attack, but now I'm starting to feel a little more comfortable with it as I'm slowly working my way up gradually to the breakthrough experience.

Edited by Brandon L

3 hours ago, Brandon L said:

@Leo Gura what about surrendering to 5-meo-dmt? I heard if you smoke enough 5-meo-dmt you will breakthrough automatically and there's no need to "surrender" or have a panic attack from it as supposed to microdosing it.

I heard if you microdose it people are more likely to have a panic attack from it because its sort of ripping your ego away from you but not entirely as supposed to smoking a big hit from it, smoking a big hit of it would basically hit you like a freight train if im correct.

When I first microdosed 5-meo-dmt I had a panic attack, but now I'm starting to feel a little more comfortable with it as I'm slowly working my way up gradually to the breakthrough experience.

if you take enough 5 meo the ego is turned off, that is, the experience becomes something without the mind. but that does not mean that you are going to have a mystical experience. Just the possibility of this happening is created. you can have a void experience and that's it, I don't understand how it works, but it is very different from one time and other times, radically different

5 hours ago, Brandon L said:

what about surrendering to 5-meo-dmt? I heard if you smoke enough 5-meo-dmt you will breakthrough automatically and there's no need to "surrender" or have a panic attack from it as supposed to microdosing it.

Microdosing 5-MeO-DMT is not something I do nor recommend.

20-30mg is a good dose range.

Surrender is not always automatic. You can resist even at high doses.

Edited by Leo Gura

@Leo Gura Would you recommend starting with a 5mg of 5meoDMT snort and working up from there to be safe?

I've only done shrooms. I started with a microdose and worked my way up to a heroic dose. Had a great time doing that. Mystical experience for sure. 

I'm 34 years old, I have a history of depression but I'm about 90% cured through self actualizing, meditation, all thanks to the catalyst of your videos.

Would appreciate help with this if you can.

Thanks

Edited by itsadistraction

10-15mg is a good start.

I have started vaping Bufo Alvarius alone after doing it over two years with a guide.  I have been told some of the risks by an experienced facilitator.  He has had one person whose heart stopped and had to be revived with CPR.  The other risk is that you forget to breath.  The Bufo seems to deactivate the pain circuits that give you pain when you hold your breath.  When you cross over it is so blissful you may decide to stay.  An experienced guide will be able to detect this and do things to revive you.

Vincit omnia Veritas.

@Jodistrict Why would you use poisonous secretions of the toad instead of clean substance?

I wonder how many reports of 5-MeO are really reports of bufo alvarius poison. It's good to remember they are not the same thing.

Edited by Girzo

26 minutes ago, Girzo said:

@Jodistrict Why would you use poisonous secretions of the toad instead of clean substance?

I wonder how many reports of 5-MeO are really reports of bufo alvarius poison. It's good to remember they are not the same thing.

Because I do it in Mexico, and that is what they use.  

Vincit omnia Veritas.