The Mystical Man

Radical Honesty

31 posts in this topic

Blanton is an amazing guy:

You have to read his book. It's funny and insightful.

I wish I had studied Branden and Blanton sooner instead of wasting my time with spiritual books. 

Branden, Blanton, Manson, Moore & Gillette are much better than Ralston, Spira, Wilber, Sadhguru, McKenna, Hawkins, and even Adyashanti.

Don't waste too much of your time with the latter guys. Instead, study the work of the former guys.

Edited by The Mystical Man

"Make a gift of your life and lift all mankind by being kind, considerate, forgiving, and compassionate at all times, in all places, and under all conditions, with everyone as well as yourself. That is the greatest gift anyone can give." - Dr. David R. Hawkins

On 2/5/2023 at 1:20 AM, The Mystical Man said:

much better than Ralston, Wilber, Hawkins

You are insane.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

5 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

You are insane.

I'm just being radically honest ?

5 hours ago, Juan said:

Sometimes you post some wild and way too random stuff bro, chill. 

I don't appreciate your assessment of my posts, frankly. I post good stuff.

"Make a gift of your life and lift all mankind by being kind, considerate, forgiving, and compassionate at all times, in all places, and under all conditions, with everyone as well as yourself. That is the greatest gift anyone can give." - Dr. David R. Hawkins

10 hours ago, Juan said:

your Fuck Fapping February thread 

That thread will be my magnum opus.

I attended a small group led by Blanton many years ago.  He practices what he preaches and radical honesty in relationships is the way to go.  

Vincit omnia Veritas.

Is it really an exaggeration to say that this guy is better than Wilber, Ralston, Hawkins?

Blanton, and the other guys I listed, never positioned themselves as spiritual teachers, but what they're teaching is true spirituality.

The guy is great as well as Ralston, Spira and Wilber.

I love this:

He's right. His personality is something to behold.

12 hours ago, CARDOZZO said:

The guy is great as well as Ralston, Spira and Wilber.

I feel the desire to bash those guys.

@The Mystical Man

Why exactly?

Ralston, Spira and Wilber just give to yourself tools for exploring reality.

I really like Ralston's approach to consciousness/spirituality, but it's harsh because you need to do all the work for yourself, not listening/believing other people and that's powerful because in the end, you need to be the ultimate authority of your own experience. 

18 minutes ago, CARDOZZO said:

Why exactly?

Because in the final analysis their work is pointless. I've read The Book of Not Knowing three times, and now I know nothing. That book is a joke. Wilber's models are a joke. Hawkins' calibrations are a joke. It all seems so profound and exciting when you first get into it, but it's all so pointless in the end.

@The Mystical Man

Ok, I understand your POV. 

Maybe I'm wrong, but...

Are you lost after awakening

Like... no point, nihilism, fuck-all-that-crap type of thinking?

9 minutes ago, CARDOZZO said:

@The Mystical Man

Ok, I understand your POV. 

Maybe I'm wrong, but...

Are you lost after awakening

Like... no point, nihilism, fuck-all-that-crap type of thinking?

No. What's pointless are the writings and models of teachers. After an awakening, you feel the desire to throw it all out of the window.

@The Mystical Man

20 minutes ago, The Mystical Man said:

After an awakening, you feel the desire to throw it all out of the window.

I agree with that.

Ralston talks about that in the beginning of The Book of Not Knowing. 

You can balance between more spiritual and more grounded teachers. 

To be honest, I like the teachings of: Peter Ralston, Brendan Lea, David R. Hawkins, Rupert Spira, Andre Doshim Halaw, Frederick Dodson, Vadim Zeland, Tom Campbell, Leo Gura, Brad Blanton, Nathaniel Branden, Owen Cook, Tom Torero, L. Michael Hall.

Each of them has it's place, POV's and ways of seeing reality.

But, you need to know what you want out of life, who you are, what you like and use their tools for finding that, playing games, getting results, transforming oneself, awakening in the dream.

Getting emotional about who's better or not will not help (just what I think). 

What matters is reading, results, integration, insight, contemplation, embodiment.

3 minutes ago, CARDOZZO said:

Getting emotional about who's better or not will not help (just what I think). 

True.

I think the most important thing is growing up. That was Jed's main message: forget awakening, it's pointlessness; instead, become an adult. Awakening won't save humanity, maturity will. Even Adya agreed that humanity would be served more by growing up than waking up, but he feels called to teach awakening. I think people like Branden and Blanton, and Moore & Gillette are great teachers of what it takes to grow up.

@The Mystical Man

Wow, of course, I forgot Jed McKenna. 

36 minutes ago, CARDOZZO said:

To be honest, I like the teachings of: Peter Ralston, Brendan Lea, David R. Hawkins, Rupert Spira, Andre Doshim Halaw, Frederick Dodson, Vadim Zeland, Tom Campbell, Leo Gura, Brad Blanton, Nathaniel Branden, Owen Cook, Tom Torero, L. Michael Hall.

Maturity is rare nowdays.

Have you read "Fire In The Belly - On Being a Man by Sam Keen"? 

3 minutes ago, CARDOZZO said:

Have you read "Fire In The Belly - On Being a Man by Sam Keen"? 

No. Looks interesting, though.