Hardkill

Spy balloon from China was floating over US territory

35 posts in this topic

Our national news said it was a spy in the headlines but it sounds like it just got blown off course. Some spy balloon…

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

1 hour ago, Hardkill said:

Yeah, I don’t see why the Chinese didn’t think of camouflaging their balloon in the sky.

I think US have radar and stuff which detects it anyway.

1 minute ago, Thought Art said:

Our national news said it was a spy in the headlines but it sounds like it just got blown off course. Some spy balloon…

So you know better than the US military? Call Pentagon and tell them "You are all fired".

Edited by Blackhawk

@Blackhawk yeah I know more than everyone ?

Edit: I don’t know 

Edited by Thought Art

◭"89"

4 hours ago, Sincerity said:

You reek of 4chan and the like.

@Sincerity

Gonna delete my message and call me a Xi Jingping propagandist? Lol

@bloomer

12 minutes ago, bloomer said:

@Sincerity

Gonna delete my message and call me a Xi Jingping propagandist? Lol

Don't forget Tik Tok, made by Hua Wei, now propagating and circulating the English internet and USA.

I can't believe we're having a discussion, let alone debating and arguing over a spy balloon. ?

57 minutes ago, hoodrow trillson said:

The US was watching and tracking that balloon as soon as it lifted out of China 

This.

@Danioover9000

100% I can’t believe I forgot TikTok. Literally a Chinese psychological operation to make the youth mentally retarded with the attention of a gold fish, make them gay and mental ill. Also spying on them completely when the apps installed gathering blackmail on millions. But god forbid a balloon flys over. It’s okay for China to have all your personal info and data but a balloon flying over showing what they already know. Oh no.

What were they spying for? Is a balloon useful in the age of phones and internet?

◭"89"

It COULD be a spy ballon, but it's just what the western news and the USA are saying. Notice how a lot of lots of news outlets say that "Chinas spy ballon was shot down" and not "Chinas alleged spy balloon was shot down". They're already trying to paint a narrative without having the entire picture. I'm not saying that it isn't a spy balloon, but I'd be a hilarious level of incompetence if the entire US air defense got bamboozled by the concept of a balloon. That's some cartoon villain shit.

beep boop

*puts on tin foil hat*

Unless, of course, they wanted the balloon to enter their territory so they could accuse China of spying on them.

beep boop

I'm against this balloon violence. They should have just left it up there. It was just Bing Chilling.

hrhrhtewgfegege

1 hour ago, Thought Art said:

What were they spying for? Is a balloon useful in the age of phones and internet?

No lol

That surveillance balloon was the equivalent of bringing a pitchfork to use as a weapon to modern warfare lol.  I think it was a symbol but what does it mean?  Is China saying "I see you?"  Is this used for internal propaganda to what the CCP tells it's citizens?  For example:  Look at the big bad aggressive USA blowing up our weather balloon.  

There's many variables here but it's definitely not for anything useful for surveillance or the USA would've shot that thing as soon as it crossed into Alaska.  

The United States military is not dumb.  It was wise to just let it float because why give China data of the US' reaction time to shoot down stuff like this?  

I heard at the end of news segment that the balloon could not provide more spy information than what satellites already can.

Edited by Thought Art

◭"89"