Hardkill

Spy balloon from China was floating over US territory

35 posts in this topic

A spy balloon from China was found yesterday to be floating over Billings, Montana and then the balloon travelled eastward down to the Carolinas.

The balloon finally got shot down after the US fighter jets were authorized by the Biden administration to take it down.

Consequently, Secretary of State Antony Blinken postponed his trip to Beijing and stated that what China did was irresponsible.

They say this has now made our relations with China even worse.

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/02/03/us-secretary-of-state-blinken-postpones-high-stakes-trip-to-china-after-us-discovers-suspected-spy-balloon-.html

Furthermore, a US Air Force General named, Mike Minihan, stated in a memo yesterday that his instinct is that we will be going to war with China in 2025.

https://thehill.com/policy/defense/3840337-generals-memo-spurs-debate-could-china-invade-taiwan-by-2025/

Edited by Hardkill

Sorry, I posted this in the wrong section.

Could someone please delete this thread?

18 minutes ago, Hardkill said:

Could someone please delete this thread?

I moved it to the correct subforum.

1 minute ago, Sincerity said:

I moved it to the correct subforum.

He already reposted it to that subforum himself, now there are duplicate threads.

Thanks @Sincerity

So now, is there anyway for the US and China to engage in any kind of detente?

@Hardkill

11 hours ago, Hardkill said:

A spy balloon from China was found yesterday to be floating over Billings, Montana and then the balloon travelled eastward down to the Carolinas.

The balloon finally got shot down after the US fighter jets were authorized by the Biden administration to take it down.

Consequently, Secretary of State Antony Blinken postponed his trip to Beijing and stated that what China did was irresponsible.

They say this has now made our relations with China even worse.

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/02/03/us-secretary-of-state-blinken-postpones-high-stakes-trip-to-china-after-us-discovers-suspected-spy-balloon-.html

Furthermore, a US Air Force General named, Mike Minihan, stated in a memo yesterday that his instinct is that we will be going to war with China in 2025.

https://thehill.com/policy/defense/3840337-generals-memo-spurs-debate-could-china-invade-taiwan-by-2025/

So, the USA is preparing for war with China, just because of A FUCKING BALLOON?! I don't know where to begin here, even if it's politics and there's plenty of factors involved here, going straight to a WW3 scenario is a bit silly and hyperbolic marketing at this point. It's irresponsible to behave in some ways that may escalate this situation.

Probably a tit for tat isn't really effective, but if China wants the send spy balloons, the USA can too, send some USA hot air balloons over there.

One of the funniest stories in years. I adore this from a purely humorous perspective. Americans breaking down and crying cause a balloon hovers over them. Never mind the buying up of property and land by China, never mind outsourcing a lot of factory and pharmaceutical production to China, never mind China deliberately spreading covid around the world. No, BUT THE HECKIN BALLOONARINO!!!!!!!!!

montana is shit.png

balloon heck.jpg

Xi is just scouting out good vacation spots.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Very disappointed at US for not spotting the surveillance device before it entered US airspace. Who knows how much data it collected before it got shot down :(

1 hour ago, Danioover9000 said:

@Hardkill

So, the USA is preparing for war with China, just because of A FUCKING BALLOON?! I don't know where to begin here, even if it's politics and there's plenty of factors involved here, going straight to a WW3 scenario is a bit silly and hyperbolic marketing at this point. It's irresponsible to behave in some ways that may escalate this situation.

Probably a tit for tat isn't really effective, but if China wants the send spy balloons, the USA can too, send some USA hot air balloons over there.

No one is preparing for war just because of the spy device. The talk about possible war is separate from this incident and happened before this incident.

57 minutes ago, bloomer said:

One of the funniest stories in years. I adore this from a purely humorous perspective. Americans breaking down and crying cause a balloon hovers over them. Never mind the buying up of property and land by China, never mind outsourcing a lot of factory and pharmaceutical production to China, never mind China deliberately spreading covid around the world. No, BUT THE HECKIN BALLOONARINO!!!!!!!!!

montana is shit.png

balloon heck.jpg

I wonder what your reaction had been if it had been a surveillance airplane instead.

You don't seem to understand that surveillance equipment can be put on many other things other than airplanes.

Putting it on a balloon is suddenly ok because it's "just a balloon".

Do you think China sent it just because it's fun?

Edited by Blackhawk

What I don't understand is why wouldn't they paint the balloon sky blue?

3 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

What I don't understand is why wouldn't they paint the balloon sky blue?

Because of weight and stuff maybe.

Paint on something that big would weight a lot.

Edited by Blackhawk

17 minutes ago, Blackhawk said:

Paint on something that big would weight a lot.

Hot air balloons are made in endless colors.

Edited by Leo Gura

2 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Hot air balloons are made in endless colors.

But this wasn't a hot air balloon if I'm correct. Hot air balloons probably gives much more lifting power.

Blue cloth doesn't weigh more than white cloth.

Just now, Leo Gura said:

But I don't think it was made of cloth.

36 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

And I think color weighs even on clothes, the color has to come from something, it can't magically appear from nothing.

Edited by Blackhawk

Is there closeup footage of the spy balloon ? I'm curious how it looks like

In Tate we trust

Yeah, I don’t see why the Chinese didn’t think of camouflaging their balloon in the sky.