Bruins8000

The idea of God/THIS Being Bored….

15 posts in this topic

Is it just me or does the idea often posited in nonduality forums that the reason for this apparent separation/reality/multiplicity is because the “Infinite was bored/wanted to pretend it wasn’t itself” seem very sophomoric and human-centric?

THIS being bored or having desires is limiting….and THIS can’t be limited or shouldn’t have limits if it’s boundless. Isn’t it not one/not two? Doesn’t boredom imply a “one” that has some sort of feeling of lack? Just seems these explanations seem like something you’d hear at a Bible school class….tinted with Christianity and the “old man in the sky” having a personal reason to “create”…rather than THIS just being THIS, apparent separation or not.

for me it sounds as a wrong idea. god is nothing, there is no boredom possible. God is the total potential, and the existence of something is the manifestation of that potentiality. the depth of existence is infinite and develops infinitely. there is no boredom, there is harmony, perfection, dance. but I think that the game exists, the enigma. For fun? 

God Divides Itself out of Love.

Life is a Gift from You to You.

Everything within god only and always leads to 1 path, it asks itself what it is. Ultimately all the questions and conversations only lead to this 1 question.

ONLY LEO IS AWAKE

4 hours ago, Bruins8000 said:

Is it just me or does the idea often posited in nonduality forums that the reason for this apparent separation/reality/multiplicity is because the “Infinite was bored/wanted to pretend it wasn’t itself” seem very sophomoric and human-centric?

That's true. It's just an anthropomorphism. There is no reason for God. God just exists. God experiences itself through multiple separate perspectives, not because it has to do that, but because it is doing that.

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

3 hours ago, Bruins8000 said:

“Infinite was bored/wanted to pretend it wasn’t itself” seem very sophomoric and human-centric?

Correct. This type of explanation has an anthropomorphic and poetic flair to it. It's a pointer at best and shouldn't be taken too seriously.

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, 'This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful.' The moment you see it, the head stops running thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts running. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho

It's a perspective.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

The idea of God is itself anthropomorphic, and that’s why some don’t like the term.

Apparently.

@Bruins8000 Infact that "story" is just being told to someone starting the path.
Down the line if you do things right you realize, as you said, that there is no story other then "this just being this, for no reason".
Every possible reason made up by mind is a step into delusion.

15 hours ago, Bruins8000 said:

THIS being bored or having desires is limiting….and THIS can’t be limited or shouldn’t have limits if it’s boundless. Isn’t it not one/not two? Doesn’t boredom imply a “one” that has some sort of feeling of lack? Just seems these explanations seem like something you’d hear at a Bible school class….tinted with Christianity and the “old man in the sky” having a personal reason to “create”…rather than THIS just being THIS, apparent separation or not.

I guess what makes it so difficult to explain is our language and all the stuff that automatically comes with it. When we use a word like "bored" we all project stuff onto it.

Ultimately this is the question why does something exist rather than nothing and can only fully answered by direct experience. Every answer you will hear from other people will just be like a finger pointing towards the true answer. 

I would say that this concept that God was bored and thus created everything contains a certain truth to it. Why does an artist paint a picture? Simply for the joy of creation itself. Same principle.

But also then there's the aspect of Love. God's selflessness and his desire to share his Love (while nothing exists besides him) makes him dream up others in order for him to share Love.

And then there's the aspect of Absolute Infiniy. God being every possible thing is what leads to existence as it is right now. It couldn't possibly be any other way. 

There are probably more of these types of explanations that I'm missing right now. To me all of them actually make sense, but again none them is the final answer, they are just us trying to articulate what cannt be fully translated into language.

Edited by Mormegil

Boredom as the yin side of creativity (energy of creation).

Stories are made for children to fall asleep, and adults to wake up.

Non-duality is a perspective, orginating from and in Truth-God-Consciousness-State, so does Religion and Religious practises like prayer.

But God is beyond both. Both are true, but still, not the whole story.

@Bruins8000 Id say infinity says that you will be everything, not that youre bored.

<banned for jokes in the joke section>

Thought Art I am disappointed in your behavior ?

There is also a possibility that boredom and will to create are God-like qualities and actually are not anthropomorphized but we inherited them from God so to speak.

Edited by Arthogaan

In the Vast Expanse everything that arises is Lively Awakened Awareness.

If it wasn't many, it would exclude many, and it wouldn't be infinite.