Nilsi

Perfect Songs

241 posts in this topic

On 2/5/2023 at 1:00 AM, Nilsi said:

Much like TOOL, Radiohead is really in a league of their own and operates outside the confines of any predefined genre.

This song is the epitome of beauty in simplicity; almost Bachian in it's ever evolving iterations on one theme.

Weird Fishes is one of my favorites all time, lots of other good picks in this thread too.

A bunch of random ones I’m into lately:

okay I’m done for now ?

“Curiosity killed the cat.”

"Wisdom is not in knowing all the answers, but in seeking the right questions." -Gemini AI

“Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement."

More character development in this one song than in the whole of MCU.:ph34r:

Edited by WeCome1

"Wisdom is not in knowing all the answers, but in seeking the right questions." -Gemini AI

“We are most nearly ourselves when we achieve the seriousness of the child at play.” - Heraclitus

It's my Meshuggah fixation again, but damn, the tempo at which they played this song was absolutely perfect.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

https://youtube.com/@boilerroom

This is just too much.. Perfect crazy drunk clubbing shit ?  I can't stop.

(More specifically I was listening to this song when I wrote this reply) (you need lots of physical bass in your sound system when listening to this. Otherwise you wont like it).

Edited by Blackhawk

The textbook definition of an absolute hit of the 2000-s in the former USSR, nothing else even remotely compares.

Also, yay! - they've remastered the music video, apparently.:x

Edited by WeCome1

A rap song done right: perfect flow, testosterone, zero pretense, socially relevant message. The guy used to be a marine, he speaks from experience; his disability is unrelated to war in any way - he just fell off a balcony. The song is about the Donbass war of 2014; little did he know how relevant it will remain today. You don't need to understand the lyrics to feel the message; but if you want to see the face of a man who does, help yourself to this video; there are tons more of reactions like this. The song nicely explains the mindset of a man who will die for his values.

Edited by WeCome1

If I had to describe a breakthrough experience with a song, this would be it:

Diana is special: she was gifted with unique genetics and lucky enough to have had a teacher who helped her to unlock her potential. She will be huge one day. By the way, she is 18 in the video above; but she was also not so bad at 15.

Jimmy Hendrix - Voodoo Child, there's a video of a concert, it should be one of the first to pop on YouTube

Pink Floyd - The concert in Pompei Is incredible

Kanye West really is a musical Genius - Famous, Bound 2, Slow Drive and many more, but I think he also has a lot generic stuff.

50 Cent - Many Men, It gives me really chills

Rolling Stones - Gimme Shelter, that part when the voice of the woman singer cracks, incredible stuff

J Dilla, Led Zeppelin, And in generall Scorsese or Tarantino soundtracks always cool to listen too. Some russian classical Music, Tschaikovsky, Rachmaninoff. I also like Wagner. And I'm in general quite fond of East Coast old school Hip Hop, way more than west Coast.