Nilsi

Perfect Songs

240 posts in this topic

Share songs that are close to perfection; ideal; archetypal.

“We are most nearly ourselves when we achieve the seriousness of the child at play.” - Heraclitus

As far as Pop songs go, this one has it all:

• Super catchy
  • Sexy
  • Progressive as fuck
  • Cutting-edge production

Caroline Polachek is such a treat.

“We are most nearly ourselves when we achieve the seriousness of the child at play.” - Heraclitus

Much like TOOL, Radiohead is really in a league of their own and operates outside the confines of any predefined genre.

This song is the epitome of beauty in simplicity; almost Bachian in it's ever evolving iterations on one theme.

Edited by Nilsi

If you like metal, I actually had this very thought some few days ago: I think "Grind" by Gojira is one of the best metal songs ever made (and I've been around the block). Catchy as fuck, cutting-edge production, creative, pristine, soulful, transcendent.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

1 hour ago, Carl-Richard said:

If you like metal, I actually had this very thought some few days ago: I think "Grind" by Gojira is one of the best metal songs ever made (and I've been around the block). Catchy as fuck, cutting-edge production, creative, pristine, soulful, transcendent.

All of Gojira's songs are great quality IMO. I personally like their older albums.

35 minutes ago, Molaric said:

All of Gojira's songs are great quality IMO. I personally like their older albums.

True, but there is something about 2020s production quality of some metal bands that just melts your ears.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

9 hours ago, Carl-Richard said:

Banger. 

Not really in my wheelhouse, but it goes hard as fuck.

As far as metal goes my favorite work (apart from TOOL) is probably Deftones White Pony - it's so fucking dark and desperate and has this eery beauty to it.

This is a perfect song in my book.

4 hours ago, acidgoofy said:

Good one.

Too much to pick from... where to even start...

MOZART, OF COURSE! If you don't listen to Mozart at least once a week, what are you even doing with your life?

Now that we've established the #1 GOAT, here's some honorable mentions

One for the lolz

Symphony X - The Divine Wings of Tragedy

Opeth - Black Rose Immortal

Metallica - Mercyful Fate

Dream Theater - In The Name of God

Andromeda - Extension of the Wish

Tool - Lateralus

Iron Maiden - Rime of the Ancient Mariner

Tristania - Beyond The Veil

Adagio - Underworld

Ayreon - The Sixth Extinction

Michael Jackson - Bad

Alanis Morissette - Hand In My Pocket

Celine Dion - My Heart Will Go On

"I believe you are more afraid of condemning me to the stake than for me to receive your cruel and disproportionate punishment."

- Giordano Bruno, Campo de' Fiori, Rome, Italy. February 17th, 1600.

Cosmic pluralist, mathematician and poet.

Soundtracks included?

Epic music:

Faded by Alan Walker

Chopin.

Edited by UnbornTao

Flawless street trap.

Fun fact: I used to be a hip-hop producer and worked with two guys that were part of Southsides (who is unanimously considered one of the pioneers and greats of modern hip-hop) collective (808 Mafia). Somehow one of my beats ended up in Southsides hands, who played and jammed out to it in an IG live. - definitely a high point of my music career. 

-- this one might have been a bit of a stretch xD

Edited by Nilsi

Another fantastic pop bop. - absolutely gorgeous.

Edited by Nilsi