LoneWonderer

Leo what are your thoughts on David Goggins?

16 posts in this topic

His philosophy, the extreme way he lives his life? Do you think psyquedelics could make him change his life? Make him see it in a different way? 

More importantly, what are your thoughts?

Leo has already exhausted his point of view on David Goggins. 

Why does David Goggins need psychedelics or change? He is already in God-Mode with what he does. 

Meditation is a lifestyle of developing a calm state of mind WHILE engaging in one’s ambitions!

Counting your breaths, chanting a mantra, and the rest of it is all ratshit and a complete waste of time. What is stopping you from meditating WHILE working on your life purpose?

It's so egotistically stupid.

Relax.

Stop acting like a fool.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

23 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

It's so egotistically stupid.

Relax.

Stop acting like a fool.

Come on man.

Goggins is a beautiful human being with a good heart - he's dedicated his life to help others find greatness in themselves.

What is there to judge?

Edited by Nilsi

“We are most nearly ourselves when we achieve the seriousness of the child at play.” - Heraclitus

It's a phenomenal philosophy on resilience and potential 

It does seem to not come from a great place though, as he seems like he's trashing his old self to be a new self 

39 minutes ago, musicandmath111 said:

@Leo Gura I can remember you saying in a video that you like Jocko Willink. What makes you like Jocko Willink but not David Goggins?

Jocko has the same hair color as leo

<banned for jokes in the joke section>

Thought Art I am disappointed in your behavior ?

2 hours ago, musicandmath111 said:

What makes you like Jocko Willink but not David Goggins?

Jocko is more grounded. Goggins is obviously over-compensating.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

4 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Goggins is obviously over-compensating.

You're quite the character yourself.

Goggins said that he found peace years ago; but this is his life's work, so what do you expect him to do?

“We are most nearly ourselves when we achieve the seriousness of the child at play.” - Heraclitus

19 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Jocko is more grounded. Goggins is obviously over-compensating.

Yeah, Jocko does definitely seem to be much more of a reasonable person than David Goggins is. 

Though, I still greatly applaud Goggins for everything he has accomplished. Like Jocko, he's a true warrior.

I wish I had the level of willpower those guys have.

Edited by Hardkill

Goggins said on a recent podcast that he meditates 2 hours every night... I was like "holy shit" lol. This dude is balls to the wall, even with meditation.

I think Goggin's massive childhood trauma is obviously why he goes so hard in life. To me, his hardest challenge will be when he gets older and his body gives out completely to physical activity, and he just has to sit and accept himself and life, exactly as it is.

“The eye through which I see God is the same eye through which God sees me; my eye and God's eye are one eye, one seeing, one knowing, one love.” ― Meister Eckhart,

@VictorB02

On 05/02/2023 at 9:09 AM, VictorB02 said:

Goggins said on a recent podcast that he meditates 2 hours every night...

I think he mentioned that he is meditating during his 2 hour stretch routine. So I'd guess that it's not like a formal strict meditation sessions.

-----

If you ask me, a society where an alarming portion of young men ideolize Andrew Tate, we need more people like Goggins, not less. Personally, his example inspired me a lot and continues to do so. 

But I don't really like some of the stuff he does, like recording all the negative comments and listening their mp3's while doing chores. That seems a bit off.

But he is a good role model if you want more discipline and challenge in your life. It doesn't have to be running marathons. 

@bazera No its definitely two hours of structured practice. I remember cause it blew my mind. Here is a clip, he says it towards the end:

20 hours ago, bazera said:

If you ask me, a society where an alarming portion of young men ideolize Andrew Tate, we need more people like Goggins, not less. Personally, his example inspired me a lot and continues to do so. 

But I don't really like some of the stuff he does, like recording all the negative comments and listening their mp3's while doing chores. That seems a bit off.

But he is a good role model if you want more discipline and challenge in your life. It doesn't have to be running marathons. 

And I definitely agree with you here. Goggins is a much better role model for masculinity than Tate. Goggins has inspired the hell out of me before as well. If I saw him in real life, I would give my thanks.

Edited by VictorB02

“The eye through which I see God is the same eye through which God sees me; my eye and God's eye are one eye, one seeing, one knowing, one love.” ― Meister Eckhart,

@VictorB02

From 1:00:54 to 1:01:00 he says he does stretching and meditation in just one 2-hour block. And I assumed he meant like doing stretching mindfully or something, but dunno.

If I saw him in real life, I would give my thanks

Me too, for sure.

Goggins is too attached to his identity as a 'never say die' warrior. But what he has achieved deserves massive respect.