RedLine

smiling vs realness in PU

4 posts in this topic

It is recommended to smile when you open or talk to a girl, so you look friendly, happy and not creepy. However, I feel more authentic when I am serious face since it is how I really feel, and many times I feel that authetiticty and coherence with my feelings is well recieved by the woman. Sometimes I notice I am rejected because of my "sadness" but I still feel good since I feel I showed my true self. So for the moment I am going to keep avoiding smiling if I don't feel like it.

What your experience on this?

Yeah,dont do things you dont want to do, just to get resaults thats a losing mentality...

Edited by NoSelfSelf

Who teaches us whats real and how to laugh at lies? Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?Who chain us? And who holds the Key that can set us free? 

It's you.

You have all the weapons you need 

Now fight.

This is how I think about this. Instead of fake smiling, try to find ways to make yourself feel genuinely in a good mood from the inside. Easier said than done, but it works and in my experience it tends to attract people because we humans like to be around positive energy. 

Does this mean you shouldn't allow yourself to feel and express anything but joy? Of course not. Let yourself feel however you feel and I agree that you shouldn't hide it to manipulate other people. But if you can find ways to get yourself to feel more joy, why wouldn't you do it? Smiling will occur naturally when you are in a good mood and not taking yourself too seriously. 

To put on a smile in advance has only given me horrible results. People actually seem to like me better the more depressed and low energy I am. I'm probably pretty unique there!