Nilsi

The world is will to power and nothing besides

23 posts in this topic

I just scored an extremely well paying sales job. I pulled this off though sheer willpower.

At the beginning of this year I decided enough is enough - I won't waste my youth rotting away in university. I'm 23 and I'm in my prime as far as energy, testosterone, mental sharpness go; yet here I am, sitting in a room with hundreds of NPCs, listening to old resentful bookmen and their pet theories - not getting anywhere, in other words.

Following in the footsteps of the great Andrew Tate, I locked myself in my room and told myself I'm not leaving before I find a way to make money and assert myself on the world.

The plan I came up with was:

1. Writing out my life story
  2. Using ChatGPT to make it as sharp and persuasive as possible
  3. Using that text to apply for sales jobs
  4. Farming job interviews
  5. Doing them until I'm really good at them
  6. Scoring a nice well paying job

I did all that in exactly a months time. No prior experiences. Only will to power.

What more can you ask for as a young guy? 

• You learn how to speak
  • You become extremely confident 
  • You learn how humans really work
  • You make lots of money

It straightens you out, I'll tell you that much. 

You don't learn anything profound in university anyways and as far as pragmatics and survival goes, what better way than going into sales & marketing.

Anyways, make of it what you will, I'm just telling you that will to power as described by Nietzsche is a very real phenomenon.

“We are most nearly ourselves when we achieve the seriousness of the child at play.” - Heraclitus

Obviously. Universities are not meant to teach you sales and marketing. Or many other necessary stuff. Entire education system is far from ideal.

Take some responsibility and learn them yourself. 

It doesn't change the fact that some careers are simply not possible/made significantly more difficult without a degree.

5 minutes ago, IDressMyDog said:

It doesn't change the fact that some careers are simply not possible/made significantly more difficult without a degree.

Besides extremely technical engineering and scientific work, I think that's largely a thing of the past. Every idiot and their mother have some kind of degree nowadays. 

If you know how to communicate well and you can show your employer that you have the necessary skills for the job, no one will ever ask you about some stupid college degree.

“We are most nearly ourselves when we achieve the seriousness of the child at play.” - Heraclitus

3 minutes ago, Nilsi said:

If you know how to communicate well and you can show your employer that you have the necessary skills for the job, no one will ever ask you about some stupid college degree.

All else equal, who would you hire, a person with a degree or without a degree?

Just now, zurew said:

All else equal

As if that's ever the case.

I'd rather higher a young ambitious person that's bold enough to go after it than some fool who's wasted their prime getting brainwashed in university.

11 minutes ago, Nilsi said:

As if that's ever the case.

There are definitely cases, where this is the case. Just because you go to college that doesn't mean you can't be ambitious or skillful. 

11 minutes ago, Nilsi said:

I'd rather higher a young ambitious person that's bold enough to go after it than some fool who's wasted their prime getting brainwashed in university.

Statistically speaking, what do you think, how many dumb "ambitious" guys are getting after it, compared to how many dumb guys with degrees? 

If the guy have a degree you can already assume with a good chance ,that the guy can adapt to a specific schedule, can finish things, either creative(cheating through college) or smart enough to finish a degree.

Edited by zurew

Just now, zurew said:

If the guy have a degree you can already assume with a good chance ,that the guy can adapt to a specific schedule, can finish things, either creative(cheating through college) or smart enough to finish a degree.

You can test for this stuff in a more practical way by giving the person some kind of case study.

I spent the last 3 days doing roleplay and case studies.

14 minutes ago, Nilsi said:

Besides extremely technical engineering and scientific work

Well that's what I'm doing so I'm a little biased here.

But other than that, when it comes to hiring, it's far more likely to get hired having a diploma in a relevant discipline. Or often any discipline. 

Sure, not important when we talk about entrepreneurship (although nowadays most exciting startups are very often led by PhDs), or sales, or whatever - coaching, manual jobs, healing, crafts etc. types of careers.

It's simply that a lot of things got really, really complex. And the goal of the degree often is to familiarise you with that complexity and develop your skills in maneuvering in this specific world, continuously learning, staying up to date, and developing.

4 minutes ago, Nilsi said:

You can test for this stuff in a more practical way by giving the person some kind of case study.

Sure if you have a good way to test for all the things that you find valuable in an employee, then you don't need to check for a degree.

Btw, good luck with your work!

So, did you get a job? No. Why? Because you don´t have a degree so you can´t even get an internship job.

Keep studying and stop fantasizing.

Edited by RedLine

12 minutes ago, RedLine said:

So, did you get a job? No. Why? Because you don´t have a degree so you can´t even get an internship job.

Keep studying and stop fantasizing.

I literally got an extremely well paying job?!

Edited by Nilsi

@Nilsi Nice dude. I respect the initiative 

Be-Do-Have

Made it out the inner hood

There is no failure, only feedback

2 minutes ago, Ulax said:

@Nilsi Nice dude. I respect the initiative 

That’s a really good mindset. And I’ve seen it before in other successful people. The “I’ll do it, whatever it takes” mindset (with ethical constraints).

a great example is Steve Jobs and his first ever job at Atari, he entered the building and said he wouldn’t leave until they gave him a job, and they did. They put up with his shit as well.

When I was 17 (before my current job fell into my lap) I was planning on going to a foreign country and going door to door asking people for a job, and doing it until I find it. 

A great man figures out how he can be effective, as effective as ethically possible. He knows the low price of shame and therefore he’s able to put it aside. Pride is just some dumb concept we invented.

another good example is Patrick Jane from “The Mentalist” where he occasionally (when low on time) says he will have the killer in less than a day. (A show about catching criminals).

However, collage degrees are more valuable where they are scarce, in 2nd & 3rd world countries. So I’m not completely against collage.

Edited by MarkKol

Going into sales definitely teaches you a lot of unique and useful skills which you can't find in a classroom. I don't regret doing it even though I didn't fully commit.

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, "This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful." The moment you see it, the head stops spinning thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts beating faster. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho

5 hours ago, Osaid said:

Going into sales definitely teaches you a lot of unique and useful skills which you can't find in a classroom. I don't regret doing it even though I didn't fully commit.

What are you doing now?

1 minute ago, Nilsi said:

What are you doing now?

Learning coding

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, "This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful." The moment you see it, the head stops spinning thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts beating faster. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho

Just now, Osaid said:

Learning coding

Oof. What are you trying to build?