Leo Gura

What Makes A Good Man?

150 posts in this topic

13 minutes ago, ted73104 said:

A man who learns to accept and embrace himself, who shows compassion to others, who finds the courage to pursue internal growth, and who is not afraid of being authentic.

Yes. Are you ethnically Taiwanese? It seems you are a westerner living in Taiwan. 

2 hours ago, nhoktinvt said:

ok there's no man but there are woman right ? maybee

If you imagine yourself to be one then yeah. But no, the "man" and "woman" are one, you contain both polarities, but with the freewill to see yourself as only one or the other. 

I guess I'm not supposed to talk about this in this section. But that's how I see it these days. I'm much more whole knowing I am both polarities. But hey, I'm a freak so don't listen to me ;).

Edited by puporing

I am Lord of Heaven, Second Coming of Jesus Christ. ❣ Warning: nobody here has reached the true God.

┊ ┊⋆ ┊ . ♪ 星空のディスタンス ♫┆彡 what are you dreaming today?

天国が来る | 私は道であり、真実であり、命であり。

He must be swift as coursing river...With all the force of a great typhoon!

Edited by Nathan

8 hours ago, jimwell said:

Yes. Are you ethnically Taiwanese? It seems you are a westerner living in Taiwan. 

Yes, I'm ethnically Taiwanese. I lived in North Dakota from age 6 ~ 10, then moved back to Taiwan.

Edit: fix typo

Edited by ted73104

Being a man means self mastery > comfiness.

Bcause self mastery is not comfortable. 

Nothing wrong with comfiness, everything has its place.

Is understanding easier with self mastery? Why? I think it might be independent as long as you have created an environment (environment includes your level of consciousness) where you can contemplate enough.

I will continue this contemplation later when I have more time, but I am starting to get some interesting insights.

Edited by Michal__

12 hours ago, Nathan said:

He must be swift as coursing river...With all the force of a great typhoon!

Can't forget to have all the strength of a raging fire and be mysterious as the dark side of the moon lmaooo :D

I have faith in the person I am becoming xD

https://www.theupwardspiral.blog/

One who has integrated his masculinity and uses it for the service of others.

No need to overcomplicate things

Embodying:

• truth: that which is in accordance with fact or reality
  • goodness: that which is morally right, virtuous or commendable
  • beauty: that which gives pleasure to the senses or the mind

It's absolutely necessary to be highly developed in all of them, otherwise you're either a nerd, a sucker or a psycho; or a combination of those.

Daniel Schmachtenberger and Ken Wilber come to mind; they are probably the humans that have come closest to this ideal - and both explicitly embody an integral philosophy.

This is more a meta-point about a great human being in general, but it's still very relevant to this inquiry.

Edited by Nilsi

“We are most nearly ourselves when we achieve the seriousness of the child at play.” - Heraclitus

On 2/1/2023 at 2:38 PM, Michael Jackson said:

@Willie Interesting quality.

Can someone with a vagina be a good man? 

*grabs popcorn*

79ucl6.jpg

I wanted to say this. Why is a Thread on this important Topic so weak? I contemplate now and post something useful later.

Edited by supremeyingyang

@ZGROPIUS Would be interesting if Leo and Manson had a conversation about their philosophies…

Seems this video is going to be another integrity wisdom video, but with an emphasis on a man’s responsibility in society and masculinity.

So I think in this topic an ideal man would be a wise man and not a foolish man, but also he would need the strength to defend his values.

protecting and taking care of things…

A good man has the power to create stability in his own life and the life of those around him. 

There is no courage without fear. A good man has true courage. 

What makes a good man?

To answer the above Question we need to define what we mean by 'man' because different people interpret this differently. One could argue, that the biological gender is what counts, other that it is the sociological gender what counts. To make this easier we go by the sociological concept of gender. Further I define that we are talking about relatively liberal but still somewhat traditional roles for men (and woman). Let's call this practical and propose that the vast majority in the west (tm) is living like that. I can't make any realistic Ideas about other Cultures or groups of Cultures in Africa, the Americas, Asia and Oceania - at least not without researching in depth on the topic.

Next thing to ponder is what 'good' even mean. 'Makes' implies that a man can do certain things to make him more good relative to other action. There are likely bad actions, neutral ones and good ones and all in between. But what can 'good' mean as in 'being a good men'? It could imply a very relatively code of honor, a set of rules like the ones that are instilled upon men in religions like Islam. It also implies a moral. We can delve into this and make a set of actions a man often fulfills (earning money, raising children, be social in a group of men, be a role model to other men...) and think how one would need to act to be morally 'good'. I don't do this right now, but we can collect some things from this thread.

It could also mean something that is not in the realm of morality, most notably being good in survival. Every ability and sub-skill is a means for survival if you think about it. The better a man is in a valuable skill, the more 'good' he is for a given group. Let's say you are somewhere in the middle of the US in some giant forest a Park Ranger which guides you would be very beneficial to you. He is 'good' at what he does. Of course - doesn't that applies to women and other who don't identify as men? Can't they be 'good' in that sense? Of course they can. However it is implied that through the male body, tradition and psychology they are more suited for certain tasks. Most notably men cannot near children and are not as likely to raise them as women. In a Society where we division the Labor a man is more likely to have a time advantage compared to the average woman. So the answer of this is: A man is 'good' to the degree that his skills make him and other he cares for able to survive and thrive.

@Leo Gura  5meo buttplugs

<banned for jokes in the joke section>

Thought Art I am disappointed in your behavior ?

A man who commits himself to dismantling any challenge, living the good life and discovering the truth, a powerful creator.

Demonstration of love and fearlessness as much as a man can. 

Respect the other sex.

To be and attentive ear for those who are seeking his councel.

Responsibility. 

To develop and cultivate compassion.

"I believe you are more afraid of condemning me to the stake than for me to receive your cruel and disproportionate punishment."

- Giordano Bruno, Campo de' Fiori, Rome, Italy. February 17th, 1600.

Cosmic pluralist, mathematician and poet.