Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
EternalForest

Actualized.org Episode 3 - "Why Life Coaching Works" - Discussion Thread

5 posts in this topic

It is helpful to remember the difference between a consultant (specific advice), coach (asking questions) and a therapist (mental health). They all have distinct purposes. I think I could really use a life coach.

Coaching works because of the accountability and the outside perspective.

Many people who are stuck, have a multitude of smart thoughts about what they could do to get unstuck.

Some of those options they think of will be right for them, but then they will dismiss them, using logic that is grounded in fears, fears that they are not aware of.

Fears of failure, fears of looking stupid, fears of humiliation, fears of losing friends and family or their support or approval.

Fears of getting out of the matrix and never finding their way back.

Fears of success.

When I do life coaching with people, I find that the techniques I have to use to truly get someone past a blockage, resembles what a therapist would do. So those fields do overlap a lot, the difference being that my client would already be mentally healthy, or whatever society considers mentally healthy.

My opinion is that happiness and mental health are actually the same thing, or extensions of each other, but that's an unpopular opinion.

Learn to resolve trauma. Together.

Testimonials thread: www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82672-experience-collection-childhood-aware-life-purpose-coaching/