Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
VeganAwake

There isn't a real answer because there isn't a real problem

5 posts in this topic

There are no real answers for life. Nothing is certain except that nothing is certain.

Two people can have the exact same job for 45 years & yet seem to have polar opposite experiences due to their biological and cultural conditioning.

My father took care of our family financially but damaged us emotionally..... it wasn't right or wrong.... these are just stories of what seemed to happen to a someone. Stories that never mattered but are clung onto by the dream character in an attempt to make sense and ground oneself in apparent reality.

Sometimes it takes the belief that "the grass is always greener on the other side" to recognize it was always perfectly green, and the separate/better sides was an illusion! 

“Be Content with what you have; rejoice in the way things are. When you realize there is nothing lacking, the whole world belongs to you.” – Lao Tzu

“There is nothing either good or bad,
but thinking makes it so.”
– William Shakespeare, “Hamlet”

One of the greatest sources of unhappiness, in my experience, is the difficulty we have in accepting things as they are.

Without judgment, without wishing for otherwise.

When we see something we don’t like, we wish it could be different — we cry out for something better. That may be human nature, or perhaps it’s something that’s ingrained in our culture.

The root of the unhappiness isn’t necessarily that we want things to be different, however: it’s that we decided we didn’t like it in the first place. We’ve judged it as bad, rather than saying, “It’s not bad or good, it just is.”

An example: In my recent post, A Beautiful Method to Find Peace of Mind, quite a few commenters thought my outlook was negative, pessimistic, or fatalistic … because I said you should expect people to mess up, expect things to go differently than you planned, and that you should embrace that.

It’s too negative to expect things to go wrong, they said. However: it’s only negative if you see it as negative. If you judge it as bad.

Instead, you could accept it as the way the world works — as the way things actually are. And try to understand why that is, and embrace it. As it is.

This can be applied to whatever you do: whether it be how other people act at work, how politics works and how depressing the news media can be. Accept these things as they are, and try to understand why they’re that way.

It’ll save you a lot of grief, because you’ll no longer say, “Oh, I wish things didn’t suck!”

Does it mean you can never change things? Not at all. But change things not because you can’t accept things as they are, but because you enjoy the process of change, of learning and growing.

Can we make this world a better place? Again, that’s assuming that it’s a bad place right now. But instead, you could say the world is just what it is — and that’s neither good nor bad. You can say that you’ll continue to try to do things to help others, to grow as a person, to make a difference in this world — not because you’re such a bad person now, or the world sucks, but because that’s the path you choose to take, because you enjoy that path.

As you catch yourself judging, and wishing for different — and we all do it — try a different approach: accept, and understand. It might lead to some interesting results.

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

Seeing things as they are, life becomes a festival, a celebration, a dance. The whole of existence is laughing, partying, rejoicing this very moment; it is drunk completely with blissfulness, except for you - unnecessarily keeping yourself filled with junk in your mind which you overlay on life's epic glory.

Edited by gettoefl

The answer and the problem are the two sides of the same coin. 

@Vibroverse  I understand what you mean!

The first half of the post was mine and the second half I found on a little zen website about good & bad...... it just really resonated so I decided to share it!

♥ 

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

On 29/1/2023 at 6:04 PM, VeganAwake said:

wanting things to be otherwise is the nature of the self. it is impossible to suppress that impulse, no matter how much you tell yourself that things are fine and all that. the only possible thing is to dissolve yourself and stop being a self. this is what spirituality is supposed to be. It is something very difficult since you are a self for something. Stop being a self is a difficult road, in many cases, most, impossible. but the lighter the self, the lighter the attachment and the lighter the suffering