ivankiss

How to talk about Nonduality and not sound like a lunatic?

34 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, ivankiss said:

@StarStruck I'm not trying to do the work for them, or even inspire them to do the work. Just communicate stuff that's on my mind, without sounding crazy. "Proven methods" - yeah, that's kind of questionable too.

Don't say the words god and love, because they have many connotations and will dirty your explanation

1 hour ago, ivankiss said:

Are you guys saying I should be selective about who I speak to about this stuff? Because that's what I was kind of going with so far, and I'm not sure if it's "the right thing" to do. Why couldn't I casually talk to the waiter about everything being One and infinite? Or my mechanic, or that girl I like, or my boss...?

It feels like I'm kind of supressing my authenticity by "not going there" or thinking that "they're just not ready yet". It smells like judgment, too.

This is an opportunity for you to examine how you would like to have your cake and to eat it too.

You want to be "authentic" yet you don't want to face any resistance or disapproval to your "authenticity."

But that's not how reality works -- that's not an adult view of things.  You want reward without risk, in essence (the fulfillment of being authentic without any potential drawbacks.)  There are no MAGIC WORDS THAT WORK here.

Imao leo, it's even more funny seeing you respond nonchalantly or in an "assholish way" showing how you have fun and are just a regular human being after you were "cancelled" a good chunk more by that death cult video which I personally found quite entertaining.

@Breakingthewall I hear you.

@SeaMonster I understand, and I did take that "risk" several times. It usually doesn't end up being "rewarding". But I was also pleasantly surprised a few times. This one time I was approached by a random girl while playing basketball by myself, and little by little we ended up having a full-blown conversation about nonduality. It was kind of surreal.

25 minutes ago, ivankiss said:

I understand, and I did take that "risk" several times. It usually doesn't end up being "rewarding". But I was also pleasantly surprised a few times. This one time I was approached by a random girl while playing basketball by myself, and little by little we ended up having a full-blown conversation about nonduality. It was kind of surreal.

I would assume that any girl approaching me while I play basketball alone (which I actually do) either wants something or is so openminded and outgoing as to be a good candidate for a deeper conversation, so that makes sense. :D

6 hours ago, ivankiss said:

How would you speak of all this stuff, that can be heard as quite 'out there', in a simple and down-to-earth way? 

You don’t have to first of all, I don’t have a need to force anything I believe into no one, whenever I feel the vibe bringing such subject, then idk you can approach it with a question like “do you meditate bruh?” Or etc. But is not mandatory, also everyone is in a different path of their development and they might not be ready. 

If you avoid sounding lunatic or X example, that’s probably what you’re gonna end up attracting. There is nothing wrong by sounding crazy hehe, you should be able to play with your word in a way that you find it entertaining. I give thanks to mushrooms that in one trip I got the idea or insight that “life is like a comedy” and I lmao for a while, helped me to be more flexible with life overall. And to Leo’s video “how to be funny”, the exercise he gives at the end of making random sentences is a great one for breaking the ice and using your imagination so you can come up with funny and entertaining examples explaining any stuff. I don’t wanna bored myself/public explaining such matter.

Edited by Juan

speak when spoken to only because no one cares and everyone is perfect

speak where i'm at not where you're at

speak experience not hearsay

@ivankiss Yeah it's all about who you're talking to imo. Some are open to this and some not. If I think they are open to it I'll mention that some things real and other things are only thought and that this work is grounding yourself in whats real, this present moment.

Speak only when asked about the subject matter or else they will not listen.

What I kind of concluded, is that what I truly desire is not to talk about consciousness but rather be as conscious as possible while interacting with anybody. Be it, instead of trying to point towards it.

On 1/29/2023 at 11:43 AM, ivankiss said:

Consciousness, Nonduality, Singularity, Oneness, God, Love... it all became a very real and direct thing to me. There's nothing woo woo or mystical about it anymore. Nothing spiritual about it, either. It's right in my face, so to speak. It's directly accessible - if you will. It's so simple and obvious.

But the language I used to use in order to describe it and do the work, is kinda funny. There's a lot of nonsense and distortion in this 'spiritual jargon', and I just adopted it as I was going. It was useful at some point, to make sense of some things and cope with them.

But now I kinda see the limitations of it. It's kinda annoying too - to be honest. It sounds like some hippy dippy garbage. It simply does not hit the nail on the head. It does not sound real and grounded enough.

How would you speak of all this stuff, that can be heard as quite 'out there', in a simple and down-to-earth way? 

I get where you’re coming from but at the same time it’s unavoidable. Christian’s are going to here anything non Christian as out there or heresy. 

scientists are going to feel and hear new age messages with laughs giggle and lack of empirical evidence. 

A judge is not going to care if it’s all imagination, you broke a rule a he sees and feels it and your going to jail. 

what at one point moves your heart now makes you cringe. 

hahaha, it is what it is man, perhaps appreciate it and cringe at it 

in time you may develop a feel for what language best fits the moment. Until then you’re just gonna be either freely talking as you understand or thinking about how it’s going to sound coming out. I’m 

Edited by Mu_

@Mu_ Lovely, haha! Thank you.

Embrace the cringe it is. 

I think what I like the most, and what I'm really after, is communicating this stuff indirectly. Non-verbally. I love when we 'accidentally' arrive there during a conversation, too. Or better yet, share 'a moment', a glimpse of that magic. Synchronicity and stuff. I kinda live for those moments haha! 

I imagine, at some point, everything becomes like that. Magical and absolutely, brilliantly perfect. No matter how the picture is painted. No matter what the storyline is.

Looking forward to that.

On 1/31/2023 at 1:42 PM, ivankiss said:

What I kind of concluded, is that what I truly desire is not to talk about consciousness but rather be as conscious as possible while interacting with anybody. Be it, instead of trying to point towards it.

Yeah, that's pretty much it. Being present with someone says more than a million words about nonduality.