Vrubel

Is medieval art a good investment

12 posts in this topic

I am obsessed with medieval art and architecture. For example the creepy yet awesome aura of a medieval statue I find so fascinating. I can stare at it for hours. 

I just want to own one. The cost varies a lot but generally, for a respectable art piece, the cost is similar to that of a secondhand small car.
With all the inflation going on, Is it a good long-term investment to buy it, keep it and sell it when the time is ripe? (or even pass on to the next generation).

Just to give you an idea. This is a relatively affordable piece. 

Screenshot 2023-01-27 at 18.20.36.png

Screenshot 2023-01-27 at 18.20.24.png

I am not sury about statues but I think that weapons, jewelry, coins or even old books would be a much better investment.

If you love it sm. Why you don't want to keep it but sell it? (O O.)

@FourCrossedWands It's the "art" in the statues that really fascinate me but I also appreciate other art forms like manuscripts.

@ZGROPIUS It's a long-term investment, so keeping it and even passing it on after death is part of it.

Medieval art is something like a creepy old statue you find in your grandpa's attic except it's 600 years old and has a mystical aura. I am really attracted to that creepiness and mystiek. 

Tip: go to a museum while micro-dosed on LSD, you'll understand what I am talking about.  

On 27.01.2023 at 8:14 PM, Vrubel said:

With all the inflation going on, Is it a good long-term investment to buy it, keep it and sell it when the time is ripe? (or even pass on to the next generation).

Inflation is here to stay till FIAT system collapses. Current currency system is beyond saving. It's a collapse system by design. But it never meant to collapse this big, with that being said

I would say best investment would be yourself. With that money you can invest in art by doing it yourself. It's not easy as obtaining stuff but as time goes by some people might find some aura around what you have created. If that is what you looking for.

Don't kid yourself.

If you like art, collect art because you like the art, not because it will make you money.

I buy African masks.

Right now the best investment is stocks, given how crashed everything is today. If you got money to spare, there are so many good stocks that are cheap right now. The best time to buy stocks is now.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

If you mean tech stocks, they are still way too overpriced. There is a big recession ahead, even Google has fired 12,000 employers this week. Businesses stopped spending for advertisement. The only stocks that will perform well in 2023 are energy stocks.

@FourCrossedWands You're never gonna perfectly time the bottom of a market. You invest when things are low. They are low. This is the lowest they've been in a decade. And you don't invest for 1 year, you invest for 10+

But hey, don't listen to me. Follow your own judgment.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

11 hours ago, Vrubel said:

Tip: go to a museum while micro-dosed on LSD, you'll understand what I am talking about. 

My god !!!!!!!!!!