LfcCharlie4

Leo's Old Content

13 posts in this topic

I never truly resonated with the psychedelic stuff for whatever reason, maybe in the future I will!

However, I stumbled across Leo's pure personal dev content and it is gold. 

I would highly recommend checking this out, as when caught in the whole understanding every aspect of reality bandwagon, we can often forget how important the Human Dimension is & why personal Dev is so important, especially since most of us are younger and do not have a lot of aspects of life taken care of! 

These are some I like: 

The subfields one I found very useful as it states the important of Self-Help & tackling the ones most relatable to yourself

 

 


'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yup


 "Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

                            ◭"89"

                  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, LfcCharlie4 said:

I would highly recommend checking this out, as when caught in the whole understanding every aspect of reality bandwagon, we can often forget how important the Human Dimension is & why personal Dev is so important, especially since most of us are younger and do not have a lot of aspects of life taken care of! 

I agree, his old videos have a slightely different flavor to them in the way they present content. I also feel like it's important every now and then to go back to them since they build the foundation of personal development upon which his more recent videos build upon. There is so much good stuff there that still holds up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

His old content is great for probably more people here, as it was more practical for achievers 


 "Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

                            ◭"89"

                  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I find that the old stuff is actually pretty irrelevant as you awaken. Like tips on positive affirmations , confidence, purpose, good habits, sex, authenticity...when you awaken and move deeper into spirituality it checks all these boxes naturally and if it doesn't you don't even care because it was superficial or unaligned anyway. But as thoughtart said most people don't have minds or balls to go for enlightenment 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, BlessedLion said:

I find that the old stuff is actually pretty irrelevant as you awaken. Like tips on positive affirmations , confidence, purpose, good habits, sex, authenticity...when you awaken and move deeper into spirituality it checks all these boxes naturally and if it doesn't you don't even care because it was superficial or unaligned anyway. But as thoughtart said most people don't have minds or balls to go for enlightenment 

Good point! You are probably right, some of the old stuff gets irrelevant.

However I would argue some stuff is greatly beneficial for reaching Enlightenment, like discipline, focus on a goal and hard work. Many people are not able to even follow a goal, so reaching Enlightenment never really becomes a realistic target.

Also I would argue that some of the old teachings might still be beneficial after Enlightenment. Like working out, having a healthy diet, having a Life Purpose. You are right that a lot of stuff will sort itself out after Awakening. Just like many teachers say, the real work begins AFTER Awakening. But it cannot harm to start with some practices early on, to implement them, get your life together and then go for the "final goal" so to speak.

But that's just my view :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@BlessedLion Literally couldn't disagree more 

If anything, personal Dev becomes even more important to not only integrate the awakening but live the truth. a lot of teachers visited therapists after waking up cos of various issues. And the ones that didn't integrate...Well the list of sexual / emotional abuse is endless. 

No matter how 'awake' you get, you still live as a human & have a personality. 

Honestly, 95% of people here (including me hence why rarely active on here) could do with a LOTT of personal dev, therapy, just overall life help 

I mean the basics of getting a career you love, social skills, relationship, nutrition / exercise, business ETC ETC involve specific teachings. 

Most on here I would argue don't invest enough time in the good old human dimension 


'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

His older self was a lot more playful. He talked with a lot more energy. He's still somewhat positive, but now he sometimes does that Jordan Peterson-like crying/vibe, which feels really heavy, making his reframes less exciting and more "sad."

 

 

Not disagreeing with the fact that his older videos are very grounded, and that 90% of people in this forum should master them first before implementing his more advanced stuff.

But maybe an old-Leo type of rhetoric combined with the new-Leo type of insight is the "secret formula."

Edited by EdgeGod900

God likes to cosplay as a human O.o xDxD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 07/01/2024 at 10:11 PM, LfcCharlie4 said:

@BlessedLion Literally couldn't disagree more 

If anything, personal Dev becomes even more important to not only integrate the awakening but live the truth. a lot of teachers visited therapists after waking up cos of various issues. And the ones that didn't integrate...Well the list of sexual / emotional abuse is endless. 

No matter how 'awake' you get, you still live as a human & have a personality. 

Honestly, 95% of people here (including me hence why rarely active on here) could do with a LOTT of personal dev, therapy, just overall life help 

I mean the basics of getting a career you love, social skills, relationship, nutrition / exercise, business ETC ETC involve specific teachings. 

Most on here I would argue don't invest enough time in the good old human dimension 

True, I am helping a friend recently that is starting a Psycadelic Integration program, specific for dealing with hard cases of people who get lost and or get abused somehow in retreats and need help with integration, there is a lot of healing going on but dark sides too.  Never ignore the basics, you regreat later. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Merging personal development and spirituality is precisely the work we are doing here.


“Within the garden of your mind, every thought is a seed that can bloom into a galaxy of wonders." -ChatGPT 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh, the leo from the beginning just looks like a lovely soul that genuinely wants to help you, like an angel.

I dont know what kind of events happened to him to become the bitter sour guy that actually is. Maybe devoured by a spiritual ego.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The golden age for stage orange is videos that are 6-8 years old.

I personally love these videos and revisit them a lot. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I personally think this is one of Leo's greatest videos of all time (at least for me). Struck a chord with me when first released and still does. Still very relevant after all these years, even more so now I have had my twenties to accumulate wealth and material possessions. I keep coming back to it. 

Life has a tendency to remind me I am not as advanced as I would like to think

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now