Leo Gura

Are You A Narcissist? - Take The Test

200 posts in this topic

I got score 16. What I didn't like about the test is that majority of the time my answer wasn't any of the ones available. 

What I thought was interesting is the graphed scores, as I felt it was surprisingly accurate (although maybe I am biased). I would expect myself to be pretty entitled but I rally don't like exploiting people. 

Screenshot 2023-01-29 161101.png

Edited by UpperMaster

7 hours ago, How to be wise said:

@Carl-Richard No. Ti does care about truth. What’s logical to someone is what’s true to them. Te on the other hand only cares about the belief of others. 

You don't know the difference between logic and truth?

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

1 hour ago, Carl-Richard said:

You don't know the difference between logic and truth?

What is the relationship between logic & truth?

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

4 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

What is the relationship between logic & true?

One is a tool of the mind, the other is the Mind :)

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

4 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

One is a tool of the mind, the other is the Mind :)

Not a bad answer.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

It's all easy to see which responses will make you a narcissist and which will make you a humble, noble good boy. I would say that the less punctuation, the more fake, so more narcissistic . Well, not always

A narcissist is not the one who likes his body or thinks he is a good leader or smarter than the average, he is the one who is addicted to self-evaluation all the time, and that is why he needs others to affirm himself, if not he's anxious 

Edited by Breakingthewall

Didn't bother in making the test, it's a 50/50% it doesn't correlate what you have in your mind. The tests limits your personality and freedom of choice, specially when you know why they ask these questions. These tests are for low conscious people that don't even know the purpose of the questions asked in the test.

ONLY LEO IS AWAKE

20/40. Perfectly balanced, as all things should be ;)

Maxed authority and vanity. Min exhibitionism and exploitativeness.

@Inliytened1 I see you, friend!

It's Love.

32 minutes ago, RendHeaven said:

20/40. Perfectly balanced, as all things should be ;)

Maxed authority and vanity. Min exhibitionism and exploitativeness.

@Inliytened1 I see you, friend!

Your video portrayed you as a beacon of kindness, yet I’m blindsided by your overwhelming egotism, surpassing even my own.

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

1 hour ago, How to be wise said:

Your video portrayed you as a beacon of kindness, yet I’m blindsided by your overwhelming egotism, surpassing even my own.

Not to be judgemental, but the way he talks en the tone of his voice can tell alot about his personality. I hear no empathy in the voice but just ego, and that egotistical laugh hehe.  But perhaps i am wrong, just first vibes that i got

Edited by Jowblob

ONLY LEO IS AWAKE

4, out of 40.

This result actually concerns me. I might be so much of a narcissist that I don't even realize it!

2 hours ago, Vibes said:

4, out of 40.

This result actually concerns me. I might be so much of a narcissist that I don't even realize it!

That it worries you proves you aren’t a narcissist ?

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

3 out of 40... Interesting that I scored reasonably high on the psychopath test lol.

4 out of 40

To be brutally honest. I experience a certain amount of pride in not testing high in Narcissistic qualities. This implies an inherent contradiction. To be more blunt, I believe this test be rather shallow and rather high on the scale of  bullshito. 

It's not my intention to be overtly antagonistic though,,,,,?‍♂️✌

The Last Element Which Supports Narcissism

This clarifies the observation that one of the main sources of narcissism is the self-reflective capacity of the normal self. More precisely, one of the main characteristics of narcissism is self-consciousness, an outcome of the normal self’s capacity for self-reflection. It is only at the level of the Absolute that this characteristic disappears. It does not disappear at the earlier stages of self-realization, not even at the level of nonconceptual reality because there is always consciousness when we reflect. The ego-self hangs on to this consciousness, even nonconceptual consciousness, by self-reflection. In the experience of nonconceptual reality, we perceive pure consciousness when looking backward or inward. In the experience of the Absolute, consciousness disappears when we attempt to reflect. The experience then is not self-consciousness but cessation of all consciousness. We could say that in the self-realization of the absolute truth, our front is the perception of phenomena, which is the same as the phenomena, and our back is total cessation. The quality of this depth of Being, whose nature is total cessation, dissolves self-consciousness. This eliminates the last element which supports narcissism.

The Point of Existence, pg. 426

The Root of Narcissism

In the experience of self-realization, the self recognizes its identity as presence. When a person is identified with something other than the primordial presence, self-realization is absent. He is not then being himself; he is not simply being. He is not one with his essence. The most fundamental and deepest aspect of the soul is absent in his experience of himself. This is the root of narcissism. In narcissism, the experience of the self is disconnected from its core, from the depths of what it is. It is estranged from its true nature, exiled from its primordial home. The soul’s estrangement from its true nature is the basis of narcissism. Here, we are using the term narcissism in the colloquial sense, similar to what is referred to as narcissistic disturbance in psychoanalytic terminology.

The Point of Existence, pg. 26

The Self of the Average Individual is Deeply and Fundamentally Narcissistic

Narcissism is a very general, basic element of ego life. The self of the average individual is deeply and fundamentally narcissistic. The complete resolution of narcissism will elude us until the achievement of self-realization. All that conventional psychotherapy can do is alleviate symptoms resulting from severe disturbances of narcissism, and, when successful, can help the individual to reach the level of the narcissism of everyday life. To proceed further and address this fundamental narcissism, only spiritual development will make a real difference. We also believe that understanding the spiritual nature of the self can help us to understand even the severe forms of narcissistic disturbance. This perspective can help us to see that we cannot separate our psychology from our spirituality, our psyche from our spirit, for we are fundamentally whole. Our self is one self, and cannot be dichotomized into a spiritual or “higher” self and a psychical or psychophysical self.

The Point of Existence, pg. 46

"To have a free mind is to be a universal heretic." - A.H. Almaas

"We have to bless the living crap out of everyone." - Matt Kahn

Your score is 14, out of 40

I really thought I would score more and was a bit conscerned when looking at the results.

in the other hand, I could take a look to my lack of vanity, Not giving a shit how do I look and what do I wear is not good.

Pasted image 20230131031859.png

I scored 4. Maybe I should be more outgoing and believe in myself more haha

I scored 5/40, but I can see that this test is not accurate in all dimensions. So one who is not confident or lacks responsibility doesn't mean they are not narcissistic. I was a narcissist for most of my life. If I took this test when I was young, I would probably get the same result.

I scored a 4 but I'm going to be honest, I thought that the test is pretty bs and I didn't like the quality of the questions. 

Firstly, a lot of the questions are contexual. Saying yes to one or the other can't really indicate whether you are narcissistic. 

Some examples of this include: 
I have a natural talent for influencing people. vs  I am not good at influencing people.

I am assertive. vs I wish I were more assertive.  (This and the previous question might just be people evaluating their personality traits and figuring out what they want to work on)

I insist upon getting the respect that is due me.  vs  I usually get the respect that I deserve. (I get that this question is asking about entitlement but you could also look at it as your ability to advocate for yourself or others. It depends on how you define respect. Some people define showing respect as acknowledging the authority of a person and others define showing respect as treating people with basic human decency) 

I don't care about new fads and fashions. vs  I like to start new fads and fashions. (This can be interpreted as some people's interests. Some people are interested in trends and find it enjoyable to partake in it or find new creative ways of doing things)

Next, a lot of the questions can be misconstrued to where people might confuse having a healthy sense of self and a postive self image as being obessive with oneself. And those are two very different things. I also find these questions to be rather one dimensional because while people think of grandiose narcissists as the first image that pops up when they hear the word narcissist, covert narcissists are 100% a thing and they do not get talked enough about because they can seem at odds with the grandiose narcissist even though they are just as self obsessed. It's like comparing incels with Donald Trump. Trump is a classic grandiose narcississt, but incels are more of the covert varient because their extremely poor self image and victim mentality is simply their way of being myopically self centered the same way the grandiose narcissist is. 

Some examples of this include: 

I am going to be a great person. vs  I hope I am going to be successful. (The first doesn't have to be about having a grandiose vision of yourself. Believing that you are capable of doing great things can also just be a symptom of having good self efficacy)

Compliments embarrass me. vs  I like to be complimented. (I think it's fine to admit that you like compliments. I feel like being embarrassed with compliments consistently can point to low self esteem and social anxiety in a lot of cases)

My body is nothing special. vs  I like to look at my body. (Sometimes people have good body image, that doesn't mean that they are obsessed with how they look)

And finally, some of the questions are so on the nose to where I highly doubt a actual narcissist would admit to it. I feel like it paints a charicature of narcissism rather than accurate representing it. Which is why I think it isn't wise to put a lot of emphasis on online tests beause only a professional can only determine certain things. Don't get me wrong, there isn't anything wrong with taking quizes for funsies but that's all they are lol. 

Some examples of this include:

I get upset when people don't notice how I look when I go out in public. vs  I don't mind blending into the crowd when I go out in public.

I find it easy to manipulate people. vs  I don't like it when I find myself manipulating people.

I try not to be a show off. vs I will usually show off if I get the chance.

I am much like everybody else. vs I am an extraordinary person.

I have faith in the person I am becoming xD

https://www.theupwardspiral.blog/