Leo Gura

Are You A Narcissist? - Take The Test

200 posts in this topic

Here's some insight from a psychologist:

"More specifically, the results suggest that narcissism is better understood as a compensatory adaptation to overcome and cover up low self-worth.

Narcissists are insecure, and they cope with these insecurities by flexing.

This makes others like them less in the long run, thus further aggravating their insecurities, which then leads to a vicious cycle of flexing behaviors."

"Researchers looked at two different types of narcissism:

Grandiose narcissism: having an overinflated sense of one’s importance.

Vulnerable narcissism: this is linked to more anxiety and depression.

Their results suggested that vulnerable narcissists are genuine narcissists.

Meanwhile grandiose narcissists are better seen as a variety of psychopath."

“People who are willing to admit they are more narcissistic than others probably actually are more narcissistic.

People who are narcissists are almost proud of the fact. You can ask them directly because they don’t see narcissism as a negative quality — they believe they are superior to other people and are fine with saying that publicly.”

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura Ohh now i get it its totally different angle than i was looking at,that's how i was acting as a kid you love yourself but you want everyone else to love you to, if not you are mean to them.

Who teaches us whats real and how to laugh at lies? Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?Who chain us? And who holds the Key that can set us free? 

It's you.

You have all the weapons you need 

Now fight.

Stories are made for children to fall asleep, and adults to wake up.

"Grandiose narcissist traits include high self-esteem, manipulative tendencies, a high degree of exhibitionism, and self-centeredness. In intimate relationships, grandiose narcissism leads to behaviors like dominating and manipulating others and behaving callously. 

A grandiose narcissist has an inflated sense of self-importance combined with a big ego. 

This personality type comes across as quite arrogant, and they are often willing to take advantage of others, including their partners, to get what they want. Ultimately this leads to hurt feelings and even toxic patterns in relationships."

Edited by Leo Gura

18/40

Your score was higher than 73.1 of the sample.

I'm not even a celebrity, though, so I don't even have a good excuse for the score :/ 

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, 'This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful.' The moment you see it, the head stops running thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts running. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho

4/40. I could've probably gotten a 6 though.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

2 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

4/40. I could've probably gotten a 6 though.

Just look at yourself in the mirror more and you'll have your 6 ;)

Just now, Leo Gura said:

Just look at yourself in the mirror more and you'll have your 6 ;)

That was actually one of the questions I was uncertain on :D 

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

13 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

Don't neglect admiring your own beauty.

Maybe lick your lips a little ;)

Edited by Leo Gura

35 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

Seems the question limits the answer. I feel loving and appreciating your own faces comes from and uses the same power of appreciating ANYTHING!!!!! It's not my own avatar I'm only looking at, It is feeling beauty in things. -?Sometimes when I look at things for too long. The single 3X3cm wooden block or an apple charger seems to have the same temperament feeling of my own existence. ....... it's funny, so interesting and so fascinating!!!!!!????????

Scored 4/40. Seriously its a good test. But there is some nuance that is lacking in the test. The choice between the statements was either full blown narcisstic or a somewhat humble one. 

Edited by PeaceOut96

And...

I find it easy to manipulate people.
I don't like it when I find myself manipulating people

The toughest one for me.  It's both for sure.  

13/40

Although I think it would have been closer to 20-25 if they questions were phrased differently. I found myself agreeing with both responses very often.

I scored just 10/40. I feel relieved and guess I am too critical of myself. I was anticipating it to be WAY higher and above the average person. I think I just went up a point or two xD

hrhrhtewgfegege

I scored a 17 and I really don't know if people are just answering like pushovers to play selfless koi mind games but I don't appreciate it

Are artists just inherent narcissists because style is interesting to them? The survey just appeared anti-creative, especially with some fashion based questions.

I also do not think that the goal of personal development is to have the lowest possible narcissism score..? I hope I'm falsely disbelieving the intentions of the other scorers on this topic...

we are literally God's name, continuously pronouncing.