Leo Gura

Are You A Narcissist? - Take The Test

200 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, integral said:

lol we got jesus as a mod ;)

Be-Do-Have

Made it out the inner hood

There is no failure, only feedback

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

Highest ratings was on Vanity, then Authority and Entitlement were tied. 

Though... I found that I could easily fudge with this test and make it what I want.  Even unconsciously. 

So I doubt whether this is a great self-report test.  Self-reports I'm generally skeptical of, especially this one since it seemed so blatant.  

"Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down"   --   Marry Poppins

I scored 13/40. I'm surprised its so low. I always considered myself a person who craves more attention than usual. And I do sometimes feel a sense of glee when exerting authority over other people. 

Screenshot_20230127_225411_com.huawei.himovie.overseas.jpgIf the GIF doesn't work, I got a 9/40.

Edited by AndylizedAAY
I wanted to include a screen shot.

28 minutes ago, kamill said:

24 holy I bet is because of that fckn pickup

kkdkd.png

I used to have a wingman who was a short, little Pakistani guy. But he came from some royal lineage family. He told me that because of that he had such massive entitlement that he believed every girl on the planet was his personal property.

Did he get laid a lot? Oh yeah.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

average score so far from those that answered = 12.4

I'm bored

But I honestly don't think this is a very good test.

Edited by Matt23

"Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down"   --   Marry Poppins

24 minutes ago, Judy2 said:

@Leo Gura would you say that excessive self-hate is also a form of narcissism? or is that different?

I doubt a narcissist has self-hate. Look at people like Trump, Tate, Kanye. They are in love with their own bullshit.

Edited by Leo Gura

People with deep shame, or self hate/ anger can express in ways that appear to be narcissistic 

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

Narcissists are full of shame and insecurity,thats why they lash out to not see it and have to have a great sense of self, so they dont see the deep rooted trauma....they actually dont love themselves its a compensation...they are addicted to validation,compliments and attention to feed their ego so it appears they love themselves...there is a difference between personality disorter and someone actually loving themselves that looks like narcissism...

Difference is narcissist feeds of enviroment and is insecure full of shame vs someone feeding of himself and love for himself that comes from him that could look the same..

Who teaches us whats real and how to laugh at lies? Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?Who chain us? And who holds the Key that can set us free? 

It's you.

You have all the weapons you need 

Now fight.

1 hour ago, NoSelfSelf said:

narcissist feeds of enviroment and is insecure full of shame

They may be insecure, but insecurity is not self-hate.

I very much doubt Trump hates himself. He is very thin-skinned though and needs approval.

Edited by Leo Gura

@Leo Gura I dont know why would then someone who loves himself need to put someone down all the time,making themselves appear important? I always thought self hate comes from being insecure in who you are, which causes low self belief and low self belief causes negative self talk and view of yourself... then self hate... you must then get external validation to love yourself(pseudo love) because you cant self reflect(as a narc) mybe im wrong in all this...

Who teaches us whats real and how to laugh at lies? Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?Who chain us? And who holds the Key that can set us free? 

It's you.

You have all the weapons you need 

Now fight.

1 hour ago, NoSelfSelf said:

I dont know why would then someone who loves himself need to put someone down all the time,making themselves appear important?

I think I have any easy answer to that:

If your opinion of yourself is very high, you expect everyone else to validate that. So if you are totally in love with yourself, you might need others to reflect that and shower you with love. It's basically an entitlement to endless love from others. You never get enough. The more the better. It's like greed for money, but replace money with approval.

Of course there is a healthy way to be totally in love with yourself where you don't care about other's approval at all. That would be real Love.

I think the problem with narcissism is not the self-love, but that you need love at the cost of others. You need to be loved more than everyone else. You need to feel superior to everyone else. This is the toxic part.

There is definitely some twisted shit going on in the narcissist's psyche, but it's hard to pin point what it is. Because self-love is not a bad thing in itself. Somehow they are twisting it.

Edited by Leo Gura